Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > gregcantrall
Reload this Page My first BLOG post.
Rate this Entry

My first BLOG post.

Posted 01-23-2013 at 06:59 AM by gregcantrall

How I got into pool.
In 1974 I made a pool table. Prior to that I had never played pool, other than a couple of games at the bowling alley when I was ten or twelve years old. I worked in a particle board plant in Anderson, CA. We made the particle board tops for Sears cheap home tables. I came across an article in Popular Science or Popular Mechanics on "How to Build a Pool Table". So for $125 I built a three and a half by seven pool table, complete with balls, rack and cue. I also bought a book or pamphlet by Willie Mosconi on how to play pool. I was working second shift at the time and every night when I got home from work I would practice, trying to run all fifteen balls. I got to where I could do that regularly but when I went to the local tavern and put my quarter up I could not win for a dollar. Some time in 1975 we moved and the pool table went to my parents basement. In 1976 I traded a $300 pick-up for a 4x8 Valley bar table. Still had no idea of what real pool players could do but was hooked on the game.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2416 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments