Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Do you guys love pool so much you over look a lot of stuff? Possibly my final post
Page 4 of 6 « First 234 56

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-27-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
The pool hall does not really have any in house leagues. I do play there when they are open and when I am not sleeping and match there hours. They only have 7 rental tables that are first come first serve. 3 of them are 9 footers.
Do you work second or third shift?

Is the equipment at this real pool hall much better than the bars?

I can't recall if you want to make friends or play good pool from your prior posts.

Bar pool league has got to be the worst way to play pool. From time on table standpoint, to equipment standpoint, to level of play standpoint, etc.

Is there no one to ever play at the pool hall? Do they have a weekly $5 entry tournament you can enter? If not, can you start one?

Are you anywhere near Shane? Can you take a trip to his town and play in the local room in his town?

Old
  (#47)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-27-2020, 02:43 PM

When leagues suck find a steady game. Problem solved and you'll get better.

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

aimisthegameinpool.com

Old
  (#48)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

09-27-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
No, actually, it's in Rapid City, South Dakota. But I suspect you knew that.
So wait, is that the room in your town, Jaime_lion? or not?

Old
  (#49)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

09-27-2020, 02:49 PM

Well if it is, they have a $12 tourney every Saturday, or maybe every other Saturday. And in October, they are hosting a Shane vs Earl race to 15 exhibition. I found this out after 3 minutes on their FB page.

Old
  (#50)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
09-27-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Kinda like this place. Seems uninviting. This place doesn't even allow you to bring in your own food.

Attachment 558571

Bob <-- where have all the 24-hour pool halls gone?
I just ask for cups of water and then wash down the powdered milk i sneak in. Holds me down til i can get to a grocery store dumpster after.

Last edited by Nostroke; 09-27-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Old
  (#51)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-27-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Do you work second or third shift?

Is the equipment at this real pool hall much better than the bars?

I can't recall if you want to make friends or play good pool from your prior posts.

Bar pool league has got to be the worst way to play pool. From time on table standpoint, to equipment standpoint, to level of play standpoint, etc.

Is there no one to ever play at the pool hall? Do they have a weekly $5 entry tournament you can enter? If not, can you start one?

Are you anywhere near Shane? Can you take a trip to his town and play in the local room in his town?
I am a professional martial artist I work for the super secret defense initiative or SSDI. I go to bed when I am tired and wake up when I am not. I do not really have a schedule. I am somewhat of a sleeper agent ready to be woken up at any time when the government needs me.

Last edited by jaime_lion; 09-27-2020 at 10:30 PM.

Old
  (#52)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

09-27-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Well if it is, they have a $12 tourney every Saturday, or maybe every other Saturday. And in October, they are hosting a Shane vs Earl race to 15 exhibition. I found this out after 3 minutes on their FB page.
This is a first I am hearing about this. I might have to try traveling the 238,900 miles and go to this thing.

Old
  (#53)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
This is a first I am hearing about this. I might have to try traveling the 238,900 miles and go to this thing.
Lol... Be sure to pick the right day of the year and save yourself a few thousand miles.

Old
  (#54)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

09-28-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
Will this be the “final post” for all the other user names as well, or just this one?
When I used to spend more time here, I could remember the old usernames and play Spot The Troll a lot better than I have been lately. Jamie's posting style reminds me of one from yers ago, that I just can't remember the name of...

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#55)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Always knew you were a lunatic.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#56)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2020, 08:08 AM

Get a job. Buy a house. Put a table in the basement. All your freakin' problems are solved.

It worked for me.

Old
  (#57)
fastone371
Certifiable
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-28-2020, 10:37 AM

First you said this:
Quote:
So this will probably be one of my final posts here. I have finally decided to quit the league I am on. The kind of nail in the coffin for me was the fact that I realized even though it would be rare I am essentially paying twice for one game of pool. Basically I found out that in the league I am in if I or my opponent makes the 8 ball on the break we have to either spot the 8 ball or re-rack.

Do you guys love the game so much that you play even though there are all the issues I have with pool? I am not sure if I love anything that much.
Then you said this:

Quote:
So I have explained this multiple times. I am not sure if you are not reading what I wrote or just trying to get to me. I have 1 pool hall where I live. they only have 7 rental table. No league plays on those tables. All the leagues play on coin op tables. They do not repeat do not open the tables up. There is nor really an in house league. You either play at bars or you don't play league. APA plays 8 ball win on the break.

My only pool hall is only open at 4 pm and closes at 11 pm most nights.

Then followed up with this:

Quote:
Depends on the bar but at the ones I have asked nope. Also it is less the money and more the principal. Why should I have to pay for a mistake. If I go to a restaurant and the chef makes a mistake normally they fix it or give me my meal free or both. I do not drink alcohol.

It looks like you said by your own admission you play APA and 8 on the break wins the game, why do you need to retrieve the 8 ball?? The game where the 8 is made on the break is over, time to put your quarters in and start a new game. Are you saying you believe that during league if someone makes the 8 on the break and wins the game but all the other balls are still on the table yet that you should be able to retrieve the 8 and start another game?? If that is the case it sounds like you feel that you are angry that you did not get your money's worth because so many balls are left on the table. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, just trying to get to the bottom of the actual issue here.

Old
  (#58)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

09-28-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I do not drink alcohol.
You should.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#59)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

09-28-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone371 View Post
First you said this:

Then you said this:

Then followed up with this:
I seem to recall at the start Jaime said they were afraid of being raped outside of a pool hall. In another post there was mention of carrying mace for self-defense. Since reading those posts I have always assumed Jaime was female. Unless you have some kind of PTSD from prison, I don't think it's normal for males to spend a lot of time worrying about being raped.

Perhaps I have led a sheltered life where these things aren't a major concern, or perhaps I'm just not as pretty as Jaime.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#60)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-28-2020, 11:12 AM

I hope he shares his story about the first time he squeezes a booby.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Page 4 of 6 « First 234 56