Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Do you guys love pool so much you over look a lot of stuff? Possibly my final post
Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Do you guys love pool so much you over look a lot of stuff? Possibly my final post
Old
  (#1)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Do you guys love pool so much you over look a lot of stuff? Possibly my final post - 09-26-2020, 10:10 AM

So this will probably be one of my final posts here. I have finally decided to quit the league I am on. The kind of nail in the coffin for me was the fact that I realized even though it would be rare I am essentially paying twice for one game of pool. Basically I found out that in the league I am in if I or my opponent makes the 8 ball on the break we have to either spot the 8 ball or re-rack.

Do you guys love the game so much that you play even though there are all the issues I have with pool? I am not sure if I love anything that much.

Old
  (#2)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 10:13 AM

Adios. I hear cornhole is a fun game.

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

In the beginning he was a man...then he became the game.

Old
  (#3)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-26-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
So this will probably be one of my final posts here. I have finally decided to quit the league I am on. The kind of nail in the coffin for me was the fact that I realized even though it would be rare I am essentially paying twice for one game of pool. Basically I found out that in the league I am in if I or my opponent makes the 8 ball on the break we have to either spot the 8 ball or re-rack.

Do you guys love the game so much that you play even though there are all the issues I have with pool? I am not sure if I love anything that much.
To answer your last question....YES, there are people out there who love the game of pool THAT much.

Me, I'm a recreational player. Pool is not my default pastime. I'm an avid outdoorsman.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#4)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-26-2020, 10:38 AM

In all the months of posts complaining about bar tables and league pool, why haven’t you just played at the real pool room in your town, and pay by the hour, like 99% of serious players do?

Your argument that the pool room is not open in the daytime doesn’t add up. Leagues are all in the evening after people get off their day jobs. So surely the regular pool room is open those hours. Go do another hobby in the daytime. And play pool at night time in the real pool room.

Old
  (#5)
Pidge
AzB Silver Member
Pidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond reputePidge has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 10:38 AM

Get a job. You soon find paying that extra $1 every 50 games isn't so bad that you consider quitting the game.

Old
  (#6)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:

Sounds legit. I had to quit pool when the zipper on my case broke, so I understand. Good luck in your next endeavor, I’m sure you will be just as successful.

C’mon man!

PUNiSH CHINA.

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Old
  (#7)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost ball View Post
Sounds legit. I had to quit pool when the zipper on my case broke, so I understand. Good luck in your next endeavor, I’m sure you will be just as successful.

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#8)
ChrisSjoblom
AzB Silver Member
ChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:

Jamie, it doesn't have to come down to people loving the game so much that they are willing to put up with the things you see as issues. The fact is the things you see as issues are not issues at all for most of the people here. Or they are seen as extremely trivial things, not worth consideration. Therein lies the reason that so many members have left snarky replies to your posts. I don't have any real care as to whether you quit or stay with pool, or whether you quit or stay with AZB - just giving you something to consider.

Old
  (#9)
markjames
AzB Silver Member
markjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 11:47 AM

have you seen that twilight zone where the guy plays against eternity for his life?

it’s called, a game of pool

threatening to stop posting on azb just doesn’t compare to that one,
and always tip your waitress even if you don’t respect her job because it is her job.

Old
  (#10)
worktheknight
AzB Silver Member
worktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond reputeworktheknight has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 11:56 AM

Sadly, we do not have the luxury of a big beautiful pool hall, but rather have about six to
ten towns with a valley bar box 7 foot table in it. Each game, $ 1.50. In one of the leagues
I play in, round trip is about 75 miles. It's great to see the bar owners and their employees
who make up the character of their establishment.
One table is close to end of the bar's big hot plate and you always watch for the new
burgers to hit it as you could catch a few sprinkles of liquid come your way. Would not
change it for anything.
I think the nearest actual pool hall with inner league systems is about 75 miles one way.
Not bad unless the night gets to about -35 to -50 wind chill, just make sure the fuel has
fuel anti freeze in it. Small price to pay to shoot some pool.

Old
  (#11)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 12:05 PM

See ya............................

Old
  (#12)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
In all the months of posts complaining about bar tables and league pool, why haven’t you just played at the real pool room in your town, and pay by the hour, like 99% of serious players do?

Your argument that the pool room is not open in the daytime doesn’t add up. Leagues are all in the evening after people get off their day jobs. So surely the regular pool room is open those hours. Go do another hobby in the daytime. And play pool at night time in the real pool room.
The pool hall does not really have any in house leagues. I do play there when they are open and when I am not sleeping and match there hours. They only have 7 rental tables that are first come first serve. 3 of them are 9 footers.

Old
  (#13)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:

The issues you describe are not a big deal for most people. I told you a long time ago to quit pool. This is not your thing.

Not trying to be mean to you or offend you but you let everything bother you and pool is not a good thing for you to be doing.

Old
  (#14)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member

09-26-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSjoblom View Post
Jamie, it doesn't have to come down to people loving the game so much that they are willing to put up with the things you see as issues. The fact is the things you see as issues are not issues at all for most of the people here. Or they are seen as extremely trivial things, not worth consideration. Therein lies the reason that so many members have left snarky replies to your posts. I don't have any real care as to whether you quit or stay with pool, or whether you quit or stay with AZB - just giving you something to consider.
I am not sure why you think this stuff is trivial? Would you go play bowling if the lanes were not oiled? Would you go to a restaurant if the floor was sticky?

Old
  (#15)
fastone371
Certifiable
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-26-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:

I have never in my life seen someone complain about such trivial money matters. For someone who does not believe in tipping people who work in the service industry I doubt you will ever find an enjoyable hobby to participate in because you think everything should be nearly free. Its possible you will need CPR after my next comment but my hobby before pool was racing, our cars were worth in excess of $50K which is on the lower end of the scale, its not unusual to see a new car leave the shop at $175K which all can be wiped out in a matter of seconds in a big crash. That doesnt include the tow vehicle, trailer, spare parts, or support equipment. I wont be complaining about being "ripped off" for 6 quarters anytime soon. Enjoy your next hobby, maybe it will be more cost effective.

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »