Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page Best Entries
Old
Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

A Simple Trip to Fla Conclusion

Posted 04-27-2014 at 03:33 PM by Nostroke
Updated 08-16-2014 at 01:06 PM by Nostroke

Read Part 1 below first

So i see me seat- I motion to the guy on the aisle that I'm coming in for the window. He jumps up and i slide in. Meanwhile all around there is a sneeze/cough cacophony saturating the air-literally. Within 3 rows of me, there are at least 3 sneezers and 2 serial coughers. Next to elevators and Kindergarten classes, an airplane is the best place to be if you want to get sick. I'm trying not to breathe and inexplicably it is getting more difficult as time...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7457 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

A Real Cool Cat

Posted 05-04-2014 at 02:26 AM by Nostroke
Updated 10-01-2020 at 07:48 AM by Nostroke

So i'm standing pretty near to the Madison Square Garden area on the East Side of 8th Ave and for whatever reason I'm gazing across looking at the west side of 8th Ave. It's 2008 or so-broad daylight, lunch time and there are throngs of people on the sidewalks doing the hustle bustle as cars, honking taxis along with belching trucks and buses creep up 8th ave- going nowhere fast.

I notice a group of people rounding the corner of 29th or 30th St. Men in business suits, shoppers,...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7843 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Launching My Career

Posted 05-11-2014 at 06:41 AM by Nostroke
Updated 11-12-2014 at 12:23 PM by Nostroke

It’s 1969 or 1970 and i am about to launch my career on Wall St. I'm fairly desperate to find something that doesn't involve delivering or deep frying chicken-a position that might lead to a future. In pursuit of this, the previous week i had met with a Personnel Agency on Nassau St in downtown NYC. I had come to them via a Times Newspaper Ad for an ‘Account Clerk-Manager Trainee-FEE PAID, 10K after one year’. Remember the year folks. A lot of inflation has occurred since then.

I’m...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6758 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.

Stories Of Players That Made Good $ W/O Pool

Posted 05-14-2014 at 04:57 PM by Eagles89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt View Post
How about some upbeat stories of top tier American players that got out of pool rat race or just do it part time and are successful at doing something else. When I say successful I mean make a decent living (50K or more) W/O counting any pool money they still make, like CJ, the APA guys. JT
Jeff carter.skilledtrade
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6686 Comments 0 Eagles89 is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

$$$ EXCEED , 4 shafts - lizard wrap, mezz extension $$$

Posted 06-11-2014 at 07:11 PM by poolplayer2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanvo View Post
Got a nice Exceed cue with 4 shafts,

4 shafts (all Mezz shafts) all comes with Kamui Original M tip
1. hybrid pro 2, used, heavy bluing
2. wx700, some bluing
3. hybrid alpha, this hit a few racks at best, very minimal use, no bluing on shaft, some minor bluing on ferrule, probably got it from the case, very new
4. mezz hard maple shaft, same condition as (3), very new

all shafts are still more than 13mm.

wavy joint
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11914 Comments 0 poolplayer2093 is offline Edit Tags
Old

New England 9 Ball Series October 5th Stix & Stones Abington,MA

Posted 10-06-2014 at 12:13 PM by curly666

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly666 View Post
Doors open at 11:30 am

32 die hard pool players came out to play for the $835.00 in prize money up for grabs,
Here is a list of notable players that attended. Paul Rota, Rick Sleeper, Jim prather, Kevin Bauccio,
Rick Gtta, Roarke Dickson, Glenn Dennison, Ed Murray, Dan Tankerly. Results of the first round matches.
Rick Sleeper A- vs Paul Rota A- race 7-7 Rick would win 7-4, Keith Musto B- vs Larry Dethomas B- race to 6-6 Keith Musto would win 6-5...
Attached Images

AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11296 Comments 0 curly666 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Right Handed - Left Eye Dominate

Posted 10-26-2014 at 06:49 PM by bbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
I'm not an instructor & I'm just trying to help based on my personal experiences.

I recently went through a short time where I was overcutting shots to the left. I am right handed & right eye dominant. Like bbb/Larry suggested
my head had somehow moved to the right & I was not seeing the straight line correctly. I played around with closing my left eye after setting up & making the adjustment & then open the eye & 'see' it before shooting. I think it
bbb
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8164 Comments 0 bbb is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Leveraging Shot Speed

Posted 12-18-2014 at 12:37 AM by Legacybilliards (Legacy Billiards' Blog)
Updated 12-18-2014 at 12:54 AM by Legacybilliards

Name:  Leveraging Shot Speed.jpg
Views: 2497
Size:  23.7 KB

Most people who are new to the game think it’s cool to shoot the cue ball into their target ball as hard as humanly possible – on every single shot. They do this for two simple reasons: A) because shooting hard creates a lot of collateral action (think slop play) that may or may not end well for them and B) because they don’t know what they are doing. Fact of the matter is shooting too hard will greatly reduce accuracy and “make the pocket smaller”. This does...
AzB Bronze Member
Views 8648 Comments 0 Legacybilliards is offline Edit Tags
Old

Looking For: Mezz cue

Posted 04-21-2015 at 01:41 PM by theone77

Anyone please

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
as of now i bought a good custom cue but still want to test shot a mezz cue or mezz shaft. So still looking for the following

Mezz cue (old but good condition) budget 200-300$ only
Mezz Shaft wx900 or 700 with 3/8x10 joint budget 150$

please note that shipping is to United Arab Emirates/ Paypal transaction only

send photos and offer at ridendelatorre@yahoo.com
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6043 Comments 0 theone77 is offline Edit Tags
Old

She Swings

Posted 12-16-2016 at 07:39 AM by Nostroke
Updated 08-30-2020 at 05:56 AM by Nostroke

When i was in kindergarten, i use to walk to school of course-across a major thoroughfare by the way. I would go over there to play until i was about 10 or so also.

They had a heavy duty swing set as most elementary schools do and I will never forget-there was this one girl who could swing higher than anyone- male, female, adult, whatever. She went 1.5-2 feet higher than anyone else I’d say. When you were 100 yds away you knew if she was on those swings-I never knew her name...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7398 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Que Billiards - New Pool Hall In Brockport NY - Crazy "L" & "Z". Pool Tables

Posted 02-15-2010 at 04:17 PM by QueBilliards

Que Billiards Opened Up About 2 Months Ago and is located in Brockport NY at 85 Clinton St. There Website is www.quebilliards.com. $7 Flat Rate Includes Pool, Shuffleboard, and Ping Pong. We Also have hourly rates. But if that isn't cheap enough we have a $20 per table rate which is good for up to 5 people thats $4 a person for 10 hours of pool. Check Us Out, Open 7 days a week at 3pm. Thanks for Looking
AzB Bronze Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6496 Comments 0 QueBilliards is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Consistent Grip Pressure to Overcome Pressure

Posted 08-16-2012 at 03:45 AM by CJ Wiley

There have been many opinions on the subject of grip pressure and whether you should hold the cue lightly or firmly for the best results. I have traveled with many great players in my time and have asked them what gets them the best results. Some of the older players still hold firm to the idea that you should hold the cue very gently and allow it to do the “work” for you. This seems to work very well when there is very little pressure and you have absolute control over your coordination. The problem...
ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7330 Comments 2 CJ Wiley is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Pool can make it on the "Do Over."

Posted 04-17-2020 at 06:30 AM by 336Robin
Updated 05-13-2020 at 07:47 AM by 336Robin

Pool can make it on the "Do Over."

The remake of Pool depends on.....

If you know me you'll know that I'm a curious person who tries to figure out how things work and such has been my interest in what would make Pool popular again.

After a decade and a half of wondering, talking, hypothesizing there are some things you need to understand about it then the answer is right there.

Pool Players are an independent sort. They won't
Multiverse Operative
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6353 Comments 0 336Robin is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.

My moment to feel important

Posted 10-01-2009 at 09:29 AM by Jude Rosenstock

Yesterday at 6pm, I got a call from DKMS. The moment the caller identified herself, I wondered if I missed my next appointment. I said, "It's not until next week, right? I have your letter right here, I'm sure it says next week!" She affirmed and explained that the reason she was calling was to tell me my appointment had been cancelled. The patient had died.

It all started last March. I had left the gym with Steve and decided, as I sometimes do, to walk him back to...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 34779 Comments 5 Jude Rosenstock is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.

Should women be allowed to compete in US Open 9 Ball Championship?

Posted 10-27-2009 at 09:30 PM by MaryAvina.com
Updated 08-31-2014 at 07:34 AM by MaryAvina.com (Fixed misspellings)
Tags avina, mary, open, women, wpba

Of course it should be open to women as otherwise it is not an open. It is a s shame not to see players like Alison Fisher and Jasmin Ouschan face the best on the men’s side.

Still, the bigger problem is the WPBAs lack of true opens as they indirectly limit the number of female players, which is already small to begin with. This strategy limits the potential field of female players in this country. Pool talent takes years to acquire and many players benefit from opens by getting better
pool whats that?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 36455 Comments 6 MaryAvina.com is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Ten inspirational and motivational quotes- Happy Friday! 6/22/12

Posted 06-22-2012 at 09:50 AM by blah blah

[B]It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief- and once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
-Muhammad Ali[/B]

“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
- Truman Capote

“Be happy, but never satisfied.”
- Bruce Lee

"The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory."
-Vince Lombardi

We are what we repeatedly...
Shoebat
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5731 Comments 0 blah blah is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Travel Tips

Posted 05-18-2013 at 04:49 PM by Nostroke
Updated 06-27-2018 at 07:38 AM by Nostroke

These are not all inclusive. They are from my experience and you are probably not going to find them elsewhere. For the most part they are copy/pasted from my computer and humor free. Get your regular worn out tips from standard travel sites. These tips do not apply to all. If any fit for you, then good. Females will not get as much as men out of these.

GENERAL

Under no circumstances unless you know the individual hotel, should you book a Ramada, Motel 6, Super 8,...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5305 Comments 0 Nostroke is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

WTB J. Flowers case

Posted 05-03-2014 at 03:49 AM by Moet.1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by leto1776 View Post
The remakes, whether made in JB's shop, or Jiasen/Sterling
Sent you some pic in a email let me no thanks Sean
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5278 Comments 0 Moet.1977 is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Blatant Copies! :-(

Posted 02-26-2010 at 03:48 AM by JB Cases

Why is it that if a someone lists a cue for sale that is an identical copy of a famous maker's work then the members go bat-crazy over it and denounce both the maker and the seller BUT when the same thing is done to a famous case maker's work then not a peep is uttered?

Here is a blatant Whitten ripoff
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=177125

Here is an Instroke ripoff
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=176691

I...
www.jbcases.com
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15760 Comments 1 JB Cases is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

AT SBE: Russian Kenny + Josh Brothers = well, you know

Posted 03-16-2014 at 07:17 AM by Kickin' Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj2h View Post
Joey just won the New Jersey 10b championship, double dipping Dechaine. I wouldn't bet against him.
it was the hall of fame 9b tourney in Rhode Island.
Kick Shot Afficionado
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7428 Comments 0 Kickin' Chicken is offline Edit Tags
Page 2 of 2 12