Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page So, how much did he lose ?
Page 11 of 34 « First 91011 121321 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#151)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-28-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
If nobody ever bet John anything, it would be to his benefit. Sadly, that won't happen.
The way he plays he should bet on 3 card Monty.

Old
  (#152)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 02:41 PM

Usually the good players gamble and the rest have no business gambling. At most he is should be $20/set player but since he's in the pool industry and hangs out with gamblers and professionals he felt he throw professional money out there.

It came to a crash.

Old
  (#153)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-28-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingHank View Post
Loses 40k in a humid garage is a problem.

Then again if they were real friends they wouldn't take the money in that situation and most wouldn't but the fact that it's 40k....they want it.

Probably a lot of shit talking in that garage to warrant it be a serious bet.

Imagine just throwing bets out there because your ego couldn't stand it.
It was hot, humid and a garage for the other guy too.

Sent from the future.

Old
  (#154)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
It was hot, humid and a garage for the other guy too.

Sent from the future.

Wasn't it implied that the other guy has month to acclimate?

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#155)
DJ66
AzB Silver Member
DJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
So when are these first installment of stimulus checks by JB going out?

What and how much is the installments?

Does he get to just settle the debt.

Perhaps 35k can be settled for 20k?

Are these new batches of cases, post-garage debt, will be good quality? He has to pump a tons of cases to pay down this debt.
I can't answer most of these questions, however, I can assure you the "post-garage debt" cases will be the same quality as every other JB Case. They will not be made in some "no-name" factory, but will continue to be hand-made in his small shop.

Old
  (#156)
DJ66
AzB Silver Member
DJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond reputeDJ66 has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
So when are these first installment of stimulus checks by JB going out?

What and how much is the installments?

Does he get to just settle the debt.

Perhaps 35k can be settled for 20k?

Are these new batches of cases, post-garage debt, will be good quality? He has to pump a tons of cases to pay down this debt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_24 View Post
Yes, I've known many of these types in the pool room. Too many. It's unfortunate when someone can't play pool because they love the game.

First, let me say - John is a great casemaker...but I'm not sure about his "business" skills. And he has no business trying to play pool for money. At all.

He and Karen came through Richmond, VA in April of 2014. I ordered an Air Force themed custom case from him in person, gave him a 50% deposit, talked my friend who owned the pool room (Diamond Billiards in Midlothian) into buying some cases John was selling from his vehicle (because they ARE great cases), which he did, and John told me my case would be made in 8 weeks.

BTW - I have ALL of the FB messages saved, which I'm reviewing.

Fast forward to Jan 2016. It never happened. I was really disappointed. I told him, dude, I just want to pay you whatever you ask to make this case and I just get ignored. Super disappointing. So I unfriended him on FB and wrote it off.

If John put all of his tremendous FOCUS and ENERGY into strictly his business and customers he could be a millionaire. Quit the bs and trying to be Mr. Gambling Big Shot and start trying to be the best business man you can be and the sky is the limit. And I'LL STILL take that case and pay you the remainder for it if you ever want to complete it (6 years later). I still think your cases are the best.
Matt, contact me...

Old
  (#157)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

04-28-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What exactly is that supposed to even mean...two Johns? We don't get to separate what we do during the day and at night. It's the same guy.

Sent from the future.

Ask someone who understands reading simple English better then you, to as Rickey Recardo would say "SPLAIN" the post to you.

Remember Rickey Recardo, Desi Lu Productions?

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#158)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 05:38 PM

Well the reason why I brought up hot and humid garage is because is that a place you want to dump 35k? One would think a nice dinner, entertainment and cue or watch buying in Vegas.

If I’m going to lose that much money it’s not going to be in a hot garage playing pool. So what I’m trying to say is these bets are nulled. Nobody in their right mind would do that and it’s not serious. It’s forgivable.

The fact that it went up to 35k and these scum bags are collecting says a lot about their character. Remember no money was posted or that I know of. If money was posted then JB wouldn’t even be in this spot. Nobody carrying that kind of money and he would have paid already.

Some shit talking and huge amounts of money that is just shit talking but it got to 35k and now everyone wants to collect. I would take lunch money from my friends but I would never take 35k in bets playin a steamy garage. I would chop it up as just shit talking bravado. These are pool players not the best of characters.

Old
  (#159)
Charlie Hustle
AzB Silver Member
Charlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate View Post
I watched a little of the match starting around 2am to 4 something am.
Like they said, neither played exceptional.
They were playing 9 ball and the chat said 2k per game.
JB was down 2-5 games the whole time I watched.

JB asked for a 30 minute break once.... and you'd think he would eat/drink something....but nope. Banged balls the whole time saying something like I'll pay everyone 2 dollars for every open shot I miss.

Meanwhile his opponent actually took a break and left the room the whole 30 minutes.

In walked what looked like John Morra or his twin...and grabbed a cue and started stroking down the rail where the cloth and the rail make a straight line.
Dude stroked like 200 times trying to practice a straight stroke....at least 10 minutes....this was the pro that was there. (or one of them)

Maybe JB should have done this drill also....

Anyway...what John said was...If he and his opponent both had similar Fargo Ratings.... this Austin guy should have been more in stroke because he'd been quarantined with this pro, playing daily.

It sounds like this is why they both decided to match up in the first place....similar Fargo Ratings.

Whatever.... I don't know the exact number bet...

I just can't wait to play pool again with all you crazy bastards.

See you all out there again one day soon....
What size/type of table were they playing on?

"U told me you wanna go on the road for a month...if we can't go to Charlie's house and beat him, we cant go nowhere" - David Parker

Old
  (#160)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
04-28-2020, 06:52 PM

3 very successful pool companies -The first was Instroke which he sold after 5 years or more I think, i forget the second one but it was just as well known, and JB Cases and he can't come up with $35K?? He either has no idea what he is doing, Piss poor money management or he just wants to slow roll paying off the debt. Take your pick but none of them are good.

Still that being said the guys owed should offer to settle at 40 cents on the dollar IF they are paid within 2 weeks. It was totally free money that they were stealing from a mentally compromised individual.

Old
  (#161)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 06:59 PM

All said and done John you come to Birmingham and play me!

9 footer
Old
  (#162)
Karate
Do you expect me to post?
Karate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond reputeKarate has a reputation beyond repute

9 footer - 04-28-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
What size/type of table were they playing on?
Definitely a 9 footer.
Not the clearest footage.. probably filmed from his phone.
Looked like a Diamond 9 foot with blue cloth.
Table looked like it was playing good.
Not to slow due to old cloth or outdoor humidity.

Side note. Pro's these day's seem to only stay where there is a Diamond 9 foot. Even before corona they will find a nice poolroom with Diamond 9 foots and start living there.
Look at Josh Filler at Roy's...Francisco and Alex at Ray's House....All Diamond 9 foots. Rob Saez is also using one right now. The list goes on and on.
None are stuck with a Valley Bar Box with old nap cloth and a big cue ball. lol

Old
  (#163)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member

04-28-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate View Post
Definitely a 9 footer.
Not the clearest footage.. probably filmed from his phone.
Looked like a Diamond 9 foot with blue cloth.
Table looked like it was playing good.
Not to slow due to old cloth or outdoor humidity.

Side note. Pro's these day's seem to only stay where there is a Diamond 9 foot. Even before corona they will find a nice poolroom with Diamond 9 foots and start living there.
Look at Josh Filler at Roy's...Francisco and Alex at Ray's House....All Diamond 9 foots. Rob Saez is also using one right now. The list goes on and on.
None are stuck with a Valley Bar Box with old nap cloth and a big cue ball. lol
Basically JB out of his element.

Old
  (#164)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

04-28-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ66 View Post
Matt, contact me...
You’ve exceeded your private message storage. But, I have to ask - why do you want me to contact you?

"I used to bet my own but it gave me ulcers." - John Schmidt, 2008

Old
  (#165)
Charlie Hustle
AzB Silver Member
Charlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond reputeCharlie Hustle has a reputation beyond repute

04-28-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_24 View Post
You’ve exceeded your private message storage. But, I have to ask - why do you want me to contact you?
He stated that he used to work for/with JB. He may be able to finally get your case to you.

"U told me you wanna go on the road for a month...if we can't go to Charlie's house and beat him, we cant go nowhere" - David Parker

Page 11 of 34 « First 91011 121321 Last »