Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The Worst Kind of Sharking
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-23-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
I dunno...sounds pretty mellow, compared to the ring game group I used to play with.
Dollar on the 5 and 2 on the 9...no holds barred. People would kick legs or tap elbows, sneak up on you and shout in your ear, hide the chalk, throw the chalk at you, forget to pay at the end of each game, claim they had paid when the hadn't.

Ahh, the things a man will do to avoid real work.

Good times.
The bangers I play with now dont understand sheettalking. I wouldnt play with them if it wasnt easy money. Hard to keep my mouth shut so as not to hurt their feelings.

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#17)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2019, 02:06 PM

That is MORE than gross. I'd walk over, hand him the $50, and tell if he needs it that made take it, then go buy a handkerchief. I'm not fading that shit for $50.
If anyone thinks it ONLY got on the carpet is fooling themselves lol

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#18)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
That is MORE than gross. I'd walk over, hand him the $50, and tell if he needs it that made take it, then go buy a handkerchief. I'm not fading that shit for $50.
If anyone thinks it ONLY got on the carpet is fooling themselves lol

ahh, such a delicate flower.

I guess you pay no attention to the drunks pissing and vomiting outside on the sidewalk you walk on, the countless passersby who spit on your pathway, and the dogs who urinate and shit on the yellow brick road to the pool hall.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#19)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

07-23-2019, 05:06 PM

Ha ha, well this reminded me of a story. I was playing my nemesis a set for 200 about 20 years ago. He was in love with a lady who was the gf of my buddy. (we were all pool hall buddies, including my opponent). I paid her 20 and her time to play on the table next to us. I won the set

Old
  (#20)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

07-23-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Ha ha, well this reminded me of a story. I was playing my nemesis a set for 200 about 20 years ago. He was in love with a lady who was the gf of my buddy. (we were all pool hall buddies, including my opponent). I paid her 20 and her time to play on the table next to us. I won the set
Lol that’s pretty funny. I’d definitely be more distracted by a pretty girl playing than watching.

Did they ever hook up? I don’t like unrequited love.

Old
  (#21)
Shuddy
AzB Silver Member
Shuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 02:35 AM

I get unintentionally sharked in Korea constantly. They’re just clueless. Got sharked by a guy not even playing at my table the other night. He was playing in the other semi on a nearby table. Came over and grabbed the rest from my table right in my line of sight just as I was pulling the trigger. I blew up at him and asked what he was doing. He calmly told me there was no rest on his table, laughed and walked off.

Used to play a Thai guy at snooker years ago who would call your break as he was respotting the balls. However, as your break got higher and higher he would start to add his own exclamations of disbelief. “62....incredible!” “84....amazing!” He was playing my mate one day and getting extremely frustrated, to the point here he must have lost count, his exclamations become louder and more vibrant, till the final black went in on a total clearance and he yelled out, “165!!! Disbeliebadable!!!” Mate and I looked at each other with blank faces and then completely lost it.

Old
  (#22)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post

I guess you pay no attention to the drunks pissing and vomiting outside on the sidewalk you walk on, the countless passersby who spit on your pathway, and the dogs who urinate and shit on the yellow brick road to the pool hall.

Lou Figueroa
So, you start a thread, talk about a guy with the worse shark move around that does something disgusting. So, I agree with you and you still get pissy. holy shit, there is no winning with you...

Sorry, the places I play don't have guys puking in the pool hall, or pissing on the sidewalk. And if someone does puke in the parking lot, that's not really the same as puking right next to where I'm playing pool.

So, yeah, I don't like to play in dirty, dingy bars with folks blowing their nose on the carpet. If that makes me delicate, so be it, its' better than the alternative.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#23)
gregcantrall
Center Ball
gregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond reputegregcantrall has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPoland View Post
Most places frown on unscrewing your cue while your opponent is at the table and consider it forfeiting.

What do you think about taking your glove off as your opponent successfully breaks and returns to the table from getting their playing cue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is a surrender.

Old
  (#24)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 09:22 AM

Not sure if this falls under the sharking category, but definitely in the disgusting one.
At a local 8 ball tournament a guy was using his dentures to mark his pocket for the 8.
Officials told him to stop after 2nd infringement.
Can you imagine putting those back in your mouth

Old
  (#25)
jrhendy
AzB Silver Member
jrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond reputejrhendy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

07-24-2019, 09:40 AM

A player who is not in CA anymore was an awful shark when he was a younger player in CA. Playing one pocket he would lay the chalk down in your line of vision when you were ready to deliver the final stroke on your break or another key shot when he was in the line of sight. We had a nickname for him since he was a young player. I won’t put it on here, but many out west will know who I am talking about. We were so used to it that it became kind of funny. As he became a better player he toned it down. He is a good guy and I have not heard of him reverting to any snarking for years.

Once in a 9 ball tournament at Hard Times, Sacramento, they had so many players we had to play our match out front, out of the usual tournament area. It was so crowded we had to lean our cues on one of the chairs around the table. As I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the nine ball to win the set, he hip checked the chair and his cues went tumbling, making quite a bit of noise. I won the set anyway.

John Henderson
Al Romero Cue
Cousins Cue
Magic Chalk

Old
  (#26)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-24-2019, 11:11 AM

So after reading this thread and some of the "Shane cleaning hip tip" thread I began to
wonder, Is sharking really disrespectful? It's not very sportsmanlike, but does someone
respect or fear my game so much that they feel like they need some kind of advantage?

I know that in some sports there are some things that you just don't do, some things that
are intended to show disrespect, in swimming you spit in someone else's lane, in track
you intentionally walk in someone else's lane, in Hockey you intentionally spray another
skater, and so on.I had no idea that cleaning your tip on the carpet is disrespectful, I see
people do that all the time and I have never considered that to be disrespectful or sharking. Why is it?

Old
  (#27)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
So after reading this thread and some of the "Shane cleaning hip tip" thread I began to
wonder, Is sharking really disrespectful? It's not very sportsmanlike, but does someone
respect or fear my game so much that they feel like they need some kind of advantage?

I know that in some sports there are some things that you just don't do, some things that
are intended to show disrespect, in swimming you spit in someone else's lane, in track
you intentionally walk in someone else's lane, in Hockey you intentionally spray another
skater, and so on.I had no idea that cleaning your tip on the carpet is disrespectful, I see
people do that all the time and I have never considered that to be disrespectful or sharking. Why is it?

The tip wipe isn’t a sharking move, just (in some minds) a slightly disrespectful gesture, as in “I’m wiping my stuff off on your stuff” lol. Disrespectful to the establishment not the opponent.

This thread was about a different subject, brought on by and loosely associated with the now infamous tip wiping thread.

Old
  (#28)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcantrall View Post
That is a surrender.

SVB did that in the DD match too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#29)
Jack Justis
CASEMAKER
Jack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-24-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:

Lou Figueroa
Keep it coming, Lou.

You have some funny stuff right there.

JUSTIS CASES

MADE IN THE USA

Old
  (#30)
Jack Justis
CASEMAKER
Jack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-24-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:

Lou Figueroa
Keep it coming, Lou.

That is some funny stuff right there

JUSTIS CASES

MADE IN THE USA

Page 2 of 4 12 34