Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Any RYO rack users here?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-02-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickyb View Post
There are two versions the original is made in China and the New version is made in the USA.
Comparing:
China Version:
1) Cast Aluminum
2) Epoxy coating
3) Magnets are not as strong or at least rack comes apart eaiser

USA Version:
1) CNC Machined Aluminum
2) Anodized Coating
3) Magnets are VERY Strong
4) Price is about $100 more that China version

I have the USA version. I have tried 8 ball, 9 ball and 10 ball. I feel it gave a great rack with locking up all balls much like a template rack. This was on the Tournament tables at the BCAPL Nationals during practice time. Back home I tried it on a crappy valley bar table with terrible balls and worse cloth. Again it gives the best rack that I have seen. Yes I have the Delta 13 (actually 2 of them, cast and machined) which works well but harder to transport.

I have been looking at the RYO for a number of years and was not convinced until the USA version came out.

Ricky Bryant - WrickyB
Yes I just saw this info yesterday when the wpa posted the video. I apparently bought the 150 version which I think is Chinese version since that is all the site offers. Just found out about the USA version from video which is 200 apparently. The 150 racks them awesome but it does fall apart easy if not picked up correctly for sure.

I wonder when the US version will be up on the website for sale.

Old
  (#17)
Kris_b1104
House Pro in my own home.
Kris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond repute

08-03-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE View Post
Actually, there is a huge difference. The RYO comes apart for easy transport. 3 pieces as most know. It even comes with a nice carrier that attaches to most any case.

Having said that, they both give great racks but are very different animals. Nowhere close to the similarities of two nearly identical pool gloves.
So the HUGE difference is that it comes in 3 pieces? Delta racks also do that so you can fold it and stick it in your case. Give me a break, they're the same sh*t. Omg, a carrier that attaches to a case, that has revolutionized the racking industry!

Kamui should make their glove with a slit going right through the middle than can detach and re-attach, that would make it SO MUCH more different than Molinari.

Old
  (#18)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

08-03-2017, 06:36 AM

Looks like a great rack but I couldn't justify the price.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#19)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
08-03-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris_b1104 View Post
So the HUGE difference is that it comes in 3 pieces? Delta racks also do that so you can fold it and stick it in your case. Give me a break, they're the same sh*t. Omg, a carrier that attaches to a case, that has revolutionized the racking industry!

Kamui should make their glove with a slit going right through the middle than can detach and re-attach, that would make it SO MUCH more different than Molinari.
I've never seen the Delta break down in 3 pieces, this is news to me. Nothing mentioned that I could find on their website but I may be missing something, it won't be the first time.

If they do break down, you would be right, not a big difference. I agree that the Kamui and Molinari glove is almost identical, no argument on that one. Also, won't argue if the Delta does indeed break down but I cannot find any evidence of that as you said. If you could provide a link proving otherwise I'd appreciate it.

Old
  (#20)
Kris_b1104
House Pro in my own home.
Kris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOE View Post
I've never seen the Delta break down in 3 pieces, this is news to me. Nothing mentioned that I could find on their website but I may be missing something, it won't be the first time.

If they do break down, you would be right, not a big difference. I agree that the Kamui and Molinari glove is almost identical, no argument on that one. Also, won't argue if the Delta does indeed break down but I cannot find any evidence of that as you said. If you could provide a link proving otherwise I'd appreciate it.
You're absolutely right, my mistake. It must've been a different rack, but I did see that before the RYO rack came out.

Still doesn't change the characteristics of it in terms of racking, but that is indeed more convenient, making it a slightly better rack for practical use.

& yes, I see alot of other companies making their own "molinari" glove now, Predator should be releasing theirs soon I believe, some pros have been seen with the prototype. They basically just take the same design and put their brand name and logo on it. I wonder what is stopping Molinari from suing all of them?

Old
  (#21)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickyb View Post
There are two versions the original is made in China and the New version is made in the USA.
Comparing:
China Version:
1) Cast Aluminum
2) Epoxy coating
3) Magnets are not as strong or at least rack comes apart eaiser

USA Version:
1) CNC Machined Aluminum
2) Anodized Coating
3) Magnets are VERY Strong
4) Price is about $100 more that China version

I have the USA version. I have tried 8 ball, 9 ball and 10 ball. I feel it gave a great rack with locking up all balls much like a template rack. This was on the Tournament tables at the BCAPL Nationals during practice time. Back home I tried it on a crappy valley bar table with terrible balls and worse cloth. Again it gives the best rack that I have seen. Yes I have the Delta 13 (actually 2 of them, cast and machined) which works well but harder to transport.

I have been looking at the RYO for a number of years and was not convinced until the USA version came out.

Ricky Bryant - WrickyB
How are you able to physically tell if you have the China made or USA made Ryo Rack? The website doesn't specify which version you can buy. My friend recently got one and it was the China version, he doesn't really like it because the magnets aren't that strong. He sent an email to the company and he said upon return, he'll have to pay an extra $100 for the USA made version if he were to exchange it. That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

By weak magnets I mean, putting the triangle into the triangle slot and upon pulling it out, it'll immediately fall apart. He mentioned it's embarrassing when other players take it out and falls apart for such an expensive triangle. He says it's also becoming a hassle to tell every single player to hold the triangle with both hands upon taking it out.

For $150, I'd go with Delta all the way.

Some things I already don't like about this company:

-The company website is complete shit
-Little information on the website
-The carrying bag is made of cheap materials, looks and feels like something from the dollar store
-The carrying strap isn't even that long on the carry on bag
-They font used is absolutely horrendous
-The grammar is completely off

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Pro+ Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Last edited by ZeroSkylineX; 09-29-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Old
  (#22)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSkylineX View Post
How are you able to physically tell if you have the China made or USA made Ryo Rack? The website doesn't specify which version you can buy. My friend recently got one and it was the China version, he doesn't really like it because the magnets aren't that strong. He sent an email to the company and he said upon return, he'll have to pay an extra $100 for the USA made version if he were to exchange it. That's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

By weak magnets I mean, putting the triangle into the triangle slot and upon pulling it out, it'll immediately fall apart. He mentioned it's embarrassing when other players take it out and falls apart for such an expensive triangle. He says it's also becoming a hassle to tell every single player to hold the triangle with both hands upon taking it out.

For $150, I'd go with Delta all the way.

Some things I already don't like about this company:

-The company website is complete shit
-Little information on the website
-The carrying bag is made of cheap materials, looks and feels like something from the dollar store
-The carrying strap isn't even that long on the carry on bag
-They font used is absolutely horrendous
-The grammar is completely off

The price, China one is 150, USA one is 250. 150 one magnets not good.

Page 2 of 2 12