Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Any RYO rack users here?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Any RYO rack users here?
Old
  (#1)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Any RYO rack users here? - 06-30-2017, 02:16 AM

Just wondering if anyone has used or owns the new RYO racks? They are pretty expensive, was considering buying one for league, but would definitely like to have a review or 2 before spending that much.

Old
  (#2)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

06-30-2017, 04:38 AM

Not sure if Ive seen it. Link?

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#3)
Richard Kapela
AzB Silver Member
Richard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond reputeRichard Kapela has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2017, 04:44 AM

I've been considering getting one also, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
http://www.ryorack.com/

Old
  (#4)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

06-30-2017, 04:59 AM

Seems like a delta and your fingers can do the same thing?

Personally, for home practice, I think the magic rack is ideal.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#5)
gregnice37
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2017, 05:24 AM

Never tried a magic rack, have tried the accurack that Chris makes & it's good at the bar I play at but the guys in the league are too old fashioned & don't like using it. I have a hellous hard time getting good racks with what we have now. This RYO breaks down & can be transported easily it appears so if they 'rereally work it may be worth it. Not to mention if people like it in league we can run a 50/50 to pay for it & a 2nd one since we have 2 tables.

The drill instructor dude was using the delta 13 for years & switched to this RYO & says it's much better, but I'd like to hear opinions from people that aren't sponsored or paid to promote it.

As of now we are using 2 heavy wooden racks made by a guy in the league & the LO carries them to & fro every week because we can't leave the good equipment there. We also have 2 sets of cyclop balls that are brought to & fro weekly. It would make it much easier for her with the RYO racks if it's worth it being a great product.

Weak Website
Old
  (#6)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

Weak Website - 06-30-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kapela View Post
I've been considering getting one also, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
http://www.ryorack.com/
I like the idea of the product.
Looks to be very well made.
I wish you much sucess.

The website could be better.

Helpful tips:
The first picture I see the rack is apart and laying on it's side.
Show it assembled and apart next to other.
Promote the idea that it is easily portable.
The photo at the bottom the rack is still apart.
Keep pages short. No need to scroll down.
Place pictures of assembled/unassembled racks at top of page with a short headline above.
Place descriptive text below pictures. Keep it short.
Descriptions of how and why the rack is better.
A video or flip-book photos showing how it goes together.
A video or flip-book photos of the rack in use.
Overhead pictures of how and why the rack makes the balls tighter.

The cost needs to match the current competitor's price of around $120 - $135 max.

Shoot Pool
Not People

Last edited by mchnhed; 06-30-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Old
  (#7)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

06-30-2017, 11:57 AM

I Have one, they are great.

It was given to me by the developer to try out and review. I highly recomend them.

-Steve

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
(10 years in the making to go from 119 to 136...Never give up)

2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#8)
gregnice37

06-30-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnhed View Post
I like the idea of the product.
Looks to be very well made.
I wish you much sucess.

The website could be better.

Helpful tips:
The first picture I see the rack is apart and laying on it's side.
Show it assembled and apart next to other.
Promote the idea that it is easily portable.
The photo at the bottom the rack is still apart.
Keep pages short. No need to scroll down.
Place pictures of assembled/unassembled racks at top of page with a short headline above.
Place descriptive text below pictures. Keep it short.
Descriptions of how and why the rack is better.
A video or flip-book photos showing how it goes together.
A video or flip-book photos of the rack in use.
Overhead pictures of how and why the rack makes the balls tighter.

The cost needs to match the current competitor's price of around $120 - $135 max.
You should probably send all this to the owners of the RYO rack. I was looking for opinions on buying one to use, not looking how to make the site better which I have nothing to do with.

Old
  (#9)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2017, 05:15 PM

Sorry, I did a Justin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
You should probably send all this to the owners of the RYO rack. I was looking for opinions on buying one to use, not looking how to make the site better which I have nothing to do with.

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#10)
gregnice37

06-30-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
I Have one, they are great.

It was given to me by the developer to try out and review. I highly recomend them.

-Steve

Mr Kurtz, couple of questions. Do you guys now use them in your 14.1 league? I play on 2 bar boxes in a dive bar, but we just had them redone in championship cloth, do you think we'd be able to get a consistent tight rack with the RYO?

Old
  (#11)
smashmouth
AzB Silver Member
smashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2017, 05:57 AM

looks awesome and cue case friendly

Old
  (#12)
wrickyb
AzB Silver Member
wrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2017, 02:02 AM

There are two versions the original is made in China and the New version is made in the USA.
Comparing:
China Version:
1) Cast Aluminum
2) Epoxy coating
3) Magnets are not as strong or at least rack comes apart eaiser

USA Version:
1) CNC Machined Aluminum
2) Anodized Coating
3) Magnets are VERY Strong
4) Price is about $100 more that China version

I have the USA version. I have tried 8 ball, 9 ball and 10 ball. I feel it gave a great rack with locking up all balls much like a template rack. This was on the Tournament tables at the BCAPL Nationals during practice time. Back home I tried it on a crappy valley bar table with terrible balls and worse cloth. Again it gives the best rack that I have seen. Yes I have the Delta 13 (actually 2 of them, cast and machined) which works well but harder to transport.

I have been looking at the RYO for a number of years and was not convinced until the USA version came out.

Ricky Bryant - WrickyB

Old
  (#13)
Kris_b1104
House Pro in my own home.
Kris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond reputeKris_b1104 has a reputation beyond repute

08-02-2017, 06:15 AM

All the tables at Steinway utilize them, but personally I see no difference from the Delta racks they were previously using. It's like Kamui coming out with a glove when there was a Molinari glove already in existence.

Old
  (#14)
MOJOE
Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
MOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond reputeMOJOE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325
  Send a message via AIM to MOJOE Send a message via Yahoo to MOJOE  
08-02-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris_b1104 View Post
All the tables at Steinway utilize them, but personally I see no difference from the Delta racks they were previously using. It's like Kamui coming out with a glove when there was a Molinari glove already in existence.
Actually, there is a huge difference. The RYO comes apart for easy transport. 3 pieces as most know. It even comes with a nice carrier that attaches to most any case.

Having said that, they both give great racks but are very different animals. Nowhere close to the similarities of two nearly identical pool gloves.

Old
  (#15)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
08-02-2017, 11:30 AM

The triangle has been around since Pythagoras (about 2000 years ago). How many equilateral triangles exist...? Only 1 & it can be found in different sizes. I like the wood triangles, like Diamond makes, the metal ones clang like a cow bell.

BUT... to each his own.

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Page 1 of 2 1 2