Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue & Case Gallery
Reload this Page Black Slotted Diamond Inlays

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Black Slotted Diamond Inlays
Old
  (#1)
CueCaps
Retired..................
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

Black Slotted Diamond Inlays - 10-11-2020, 09:34 AM

Hello Forum/Guys...

Hi T Ham..
You was asking about Black inlays in a White Background..

One of the Best.. Dennis Searing....
I was looking/admiring GH's Birdseye Dennis Searing Cue.
When I got to the Butt Sleeve's Slotted Diamond Inlays,
I thought... " This is no ordinary, simple Inlay assembly... "

I also remembered a story, told in a couple of Miyamoto Musashi ( Said to be Japan's Most famous Samurai ) Movies ..

Miyamoto Musashi traveled the country looking to establish himself as the best Fencer in all Japan.
He went to seek out and challenge Master Swordsman Yagyu Sekishusai, who was the Shogun's ( Tokugawa Ieyasu )
fencing Instructor.
By this time, Yagyu Sekishusai was old and not wanting to taking challenges
from Up and coming Fencers that always wanted to challenge him to a dual.

When Musashi arrived at Sekishusai's temple, One of the YOSHIOKA Brothers was already there to challenge Master Sekishisai.
The old Master did not want to fight, nor, hurt the young Denshiro Yoshioka , and, to deny and send off the young challenger,
Sekishisai took a flower from his vase and cut the bottom of the stem.

He told his maid to give that flower and tell Denshiro Yoshioka, that he was not feeling well and offered this flower as a parting gift.
Denshiro looked at that the Flower and tossed it back to the Maid, saying he will be leaving and will return another time.
The maid gave the flower to a little girl who was attending and cleaning Musashi's room.

Musashi was going to put the Flower in a vase, but, had to cut the stem shorter to fit in a short vase.
As Musashi was going to take the cut, Miyamoto Musashi noticed and looked at the cut that Master Sekishusai had previously cut.

Musashi then mentioned that only a true master Swordsman could cut the stem that clean and perfect as Master Sekishisai did..
Musashi then knew, ( In one movie version) , that he probably could not defeat this Master of the Sword.

I know I am not Miyamoto Musashi..... Far from it..
But, I did realize....
Dennis Searing could be , or is... Master Yagyu Sekishisai.

Thanks GM
Thanks guys, for viewing..
Alton

Just added:
Sorry guys, in the Inlay Assembly, I was looking/admiring the white inlay..
Attached Images

" I Bless the Rains Down in Africa " - Toto

e-mail : cuecaps@gmail.com
http://www.cuecaps.com/

Last edited by CueCaps; 10-11-2020 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Old
  (#2)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-11-2020, 10:11 AM

Those diamond's appear deep, like pool's of liquid black.

Old
  (#3)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-12-2020, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post
Hello Forum/Guys...

Hi T Ham..
You was asking about Black inlays in a White Background..

One of the Best.. Dennis Searing....
I was looking/admiring GH's Birdseye Dennis Searing Cue.
When I got to the Butt Sleeve's Slotted Diamond Inlays,
I thought... " This is no ordinary, simple Inlay assembly... "

I also remembered a story, told in a couple of Miyamoto Musashi ( Said to be Japan's Most famous Samurai ) Movies ..

Miyamoto Musashi traveled the country looking to establish himself as the best Fencer in all Japan.
He went to seek out and challenge Master Swordsman Yagyu Sekishusai, who was the Shogun's ( Tokugawa Ieyasu )
fencing Instructor.
By this time, Yagyu Sekishusai was old and not wanting to taking challenges
from Up and coming Fencers that always wanted to challenge him to a dual.

When Musashi arrived at Sekishusai's temple, One of the YOSHIOKA Brothers was already there to challenge Master Sekishisai.
The old Master did not want to fight, nor, hurt the young Denshiro Yoshioka , and, to deny and send off the young challenger,
Sekishisai took a flower from his vase and cut the bottom of the stem.

He told his maid to give that flower and tell Denshiro Yoshioka, that he was not feeling well and offered this flower as a parting gift.
Denshiro looked at that the Flower and tossed it back to the Maid, saying he will be leaving and will return another time.
The maid gave the flower to a little girl who was attending and cleaning Musashi's room.

Musashi was going to put the Flower in a vase, but, had to cut the stem shorter to fit in a short vase.
As Musashi was going to take the cut, Miyamoto Musashi noticed and looked at the cut that Master Sekishusai had previously cut.

Musashi then mentioned that only a true master Swordsman could cut the stem that clean and perfect as Master Sekishisai did..
Musashi then knew, ( In one movie version) , that he probably could not defeat this Master of the Sword.

I know I am not Miyamoto Musashi..... Far from it..
But, I did realize....
Dennis Searing could be , or is... Master Yagyu Sekishisai.

Thanks GM
Thanks guys, for viewing..
Alton

Just added:
Sorry guys, in the Inlay Assembly, I was looking/admiring the white inlay..
Great Starting post, great caps!
Stay well.
Will Prout

Thank you
Old
  (#4)
CueCaps
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - 10-12-2020, 04:48 PM

Hi , Thanks for posting...

Will, I sent P.M./Reply
My PM page does not show the activity in the Out Going Message page.

Old
  (#5)
mdavis228
AzB Gold Member
mdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond reputemdavis228 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300

10-13-2020, 10:21 AM

Dennis isn't exactly big on cutting corners, is he?!!

Chris Davis

If you're gonna sell cues, buy a scale and calipers.

Main players: 1930's Gilbert Titlist, Custom Olneys. Piloted joints for me.
Play shafts: Cash Cues ferrule-less and OB Classic
Break: X Breaker & Gilbert JB - both w/ OB Break shafts
Jump: Lomax

On order: Tascarella Hoppe 10-15-2020

Old
  (#6)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member
JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis228 View Post
Cutting CORNERS has a different meaning with him.

Old
  (#7)
THam
AzB Silver Member
THam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2020, 03:56 PM

I love the look of the black inlays over white background. Thanks for posting!

Player: Tascarella (In Progress), Schon
Breaker: Mezz Kai
Jumper: Hanshew
Case: 3x4 JB Rugged

Old
  (#8)
CueCaps

10-13-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis228 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Cutting CORNERS has a different meaning with him.

Clever... Clever!!!
Love the Cue Maker satire..
Any Don Rickles' in the House?..

Hi T..

When going out looking for someone to do a cue for you with that kind of Inlay Assemblies,
we must/might be aware that there are many ways to achieve that Assembly.

Maybe for Cue Makers,
Time, Money and the final, outlook/practicality of the completed cue.. Daily Player, Cuemaker Collectable, etc...
makes them decide how they will do that Assembly.
Dennis strives for precision.
His Slogan says it.
I believe...

There's no Right or Wrong.

Sorry for all the Drama.
Who said Cue Making is not Dramatic?
I'm just trying to help.

Alton

Old
  (#9)
THam
AzB Silver Member
THam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond reputeTHam has a reputation beyond repute

10-18-2020, 11:00 PM

Didn’t see your reply, it’s Pete Tascarella doing my cue. I have yet to ask him if he can do them yet, can’t decide if I want them or not.

Player: Tascarella (In Progress), Schon
Breaker: Mezz Kai
Jumper: Hanshew
Case: 3x4 JB Rugged