Old
  (#1)
PoodlePuncher
Registered
PoodlePuncher is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

New User - 10-08-2020, 02:24 PM

Hey everyone,

New user, so i figured i should introduce myself...
I've been reading posts here for years via google search results, but i never registered because:
A: I didn't have a table
B: i thought this was an Arizona Billiards forum /facepalm

Growing up, my family had a nice Brunswick table (best guess 10'), and my dad was a Youth Pastor at the time, which afforded me lots of people to compete with and learn from.

As a teenager we moved and the table got left behind, so i began playing at the bowling alley and pizza place, and that's where my love affair with the 6' barbox began.

I played nonstop throughout my teens, progressing into the bars with adulthood, and around the world with the Navy... any time i found a 6' coin op, I was ready to play.

Fast forward to the mid 2000's, when my state banned smoking in bars, i responded by no longer going to bars, which had 2 unintended side effects.
1: i stopped drinking
2: i was no longer playing pool

I've wanted a home table for a long time, but have never had the necessary space.
I recently moved, and my current house has a large walk out basement, but it still lacks the space for a traditional home table, but with shorter cues, a barbox could work.

I've spent the last few months looking local classifieds for a 6' Valley or similar, but it's been slim pickins, lots of "free" furniture tables, but no coin ops.

Last weekend i was discussing this with my buddy and he says "my parents have one in their basement, i'm sure they'd like to get rid of it". he checked with them, and they said if i want it, i can have it for $100.

I'm going over there this weekend to check it out, and if all looks good, i'll be bringing it home

DC2 SW/AW

Last edited by PoodlePuncher; 10-08-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Chili Palmer
20.769%
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2020, 02:28 PM

Welcome! There's an introduction thread that can be found here:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?

Take pictures of that table when you see it and post them up!

LOOK BELOW...

Old
  (#3)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2020, 03:09 PM

Hi, I'm Jesse, and I thought this was a Arizona forum at first as well.

Joe Pechauer Signed
Predator Molinari Choi
Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Old
  (#4)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

10-08-2020, 07:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. There is no rank around here, so contribute as you see fit on any topic that you find interesting.

Old
  (#5)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950
Location: London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10-08-2020, 08:41 PM

Old
  (#6)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

10-08-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodlePuncher View Post
Hey everyone,

began playing at the bowling alley and pizza place, and that's where my love affair with the 6' barbox ... any time i found a 6' coin op, I was ready to play.

I've spent the last few months looking local classifieds for a 6' Valley or similar, but it's been slim pickins, lots of "free" furniture tables, but no coin ops. . . .
To get you back up to speed as you're commendably returning to playing again, the barbox tables and Valleys you refer to several times are actually 7-footers (3 1/2 x 7) that's how they'll be designated in the classifieds and elsewhere.

Helpfully intended, and a hearty welcome to AZB.

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#7)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2020, 04:19 AM

Welcome to the forum. Mostly all good here although at times you may find you need a good sense of humor and a thick skin.
PoodlePuncher huh! lol

Old
  (#8)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-09-2020, 04:26 AM

There is a lot of cool things to be found here. Welcome.

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

aimisthegameinpool.com

Old
  (#9)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

10-09-2020, 10:34 AM

As Arnaldo mentioned, a standard "barbox" is 7'. 6' tables are English black-ball tables with rounded pocket entrances. They're quite a bit tougher than they look.

The original idea for the site was for Arizona if I remember Mike's (the owner) words correctly. It became the A to Z of pool after a while though.

Welcome aboard, have fun.

Oh if you ask anything we don't like, we will flame you forever. We won't tell you what our triggers are, but they are different for every single member so you're basically screwed. Enjoy

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#10)
Chili Palmer
20.769%
Chili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond reputeChili Palmer has a reputation beyond repute

10-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
As Arnaldo mentioned, a standard "barbox" is 7'. 6' tables are English black-ball tables with rounded pocket entrances. They're quite a bit tougher than they look.

The original idea for the site was for Arizona if I remember Mike's (the owner) words correctly. It became the A to Z of pool after a while though.

Welcome aboard, have fun.

Oh if you ask anything we don't like, we will flame you forever. We won't tell you what our triggers are, but they are different for every single member so you're basically screwed. Enjoy
That might be the most honest welcome statement I've ever seen

LOOK BELOW...