Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Instructor Reviews
Reload this Page Best bank pool instructor

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Best bank pool instructor
Old
  (#1)
Valiant Thor
AzB Silver Member
Valiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Best bank pool instructor - 08-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Need to know who is the best bank pool instructor

Old
  (#2)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-09-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Thor View Post
Need to know who is the best bank pool instructor
I don't know who the "best" is, but Jerry Briesath is great.

Are you asking for a friend? I only ask that because I know you're a huge CTE fan and I thought CTE nailed bank shots as simply as straight-ins, seeing how the "15, 30, and 45 connect to the right angles of a pool table". All you gotta do for banks, according to Stan, is control speed and spin, and CTE supposedly does the rest automatically.

Best bank pool instructor
Old
  (#3)
Valiant Thor
AzB Silver Member
Valiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond reputeValiant Thor has a reputation beyond repute

Best bank pool instructor - 08-09-2019, 08:49 PM

Yes for a friend,he is not open to CTE and I am not an instructor.

Old
  (#4)
BC21
Poolology
BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-10-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Thor View Post
Yes for a friend,he is not open to CTE and I am not an instructor.
Back in May I participated in a free clinic on banking and kicking by Jerry Briesath. He asked for someone with a good stroke and my buddies pushed me forward. Jerry had me shoot several bank shots the way I hit most banks, using spin here and there.

Then he set several shots up and showed us how they were dead banks just the way they lay, no need for any spin. He said, "Ok, Brian, you've proved to be a good banker, now how would you hit this one?" The shot looked like it was way off, too wide for such a narrow bank. I said I'd aim it thicker and use top inside to shorten the shot up. He said, "I want you to shoot center ball and hit the object ball straight on with a good firm speed." So I did....and the ball split the pocket. I shot 5 or 6 like this, each one dead in the hole though it sure didn't look dead. He had another player try a few and the balls quit hitting the pocket. The guy said, "I'm hitting center ball and aiming straight at the ball." Jerry said, "The cue ball would stop in place if you hit it like I asked, with no drift left or right. You are either missing center cue ball or not aiming straight to the object ball." Just goes to show the importance of stroke when it comes to learning what someone else is trying to teach.

I've spent years and years banking balls with spin because I thought that was the best way to tighten or shorten the angle when needed. He showed me something I never thought about, the action of the ob when sliding into the cushion. If the ball looks like it needs to shorten up, and it's a diamond or less from the cushion, it's more than likely a dead bank with no spin needed.

Jerry gave a great lesson on natural banks and we all learned something. Not sure where your buddy lives, but I hope he finds an instructor as smooth and knowledgeable as Jerry Briesath.

Last edited by BC21; 08-10-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Old
  (#5)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-10-2019, 08:39 AM

John brumback
https://www.facebook.com/JohnBrumbackBanks/
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/pr...3261435723903/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/JohnBrum...=page_internal
hope this helps

Last edited by bbb; 08-10-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Old
  (#6)
Toxictom
AzB Silver Member
Toxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond reputeToxictom has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 11:14 AM

Along these same lines what is everyone's opinion on "Banking with the Beard"? Are there any other materials/media you'd recommend that would help one's bank game?

Old
  (#7)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2019, 03:11 PM

Ditto on Brumback. the best.