Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Case opinions please?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Case opinions please?
Old
  (#1)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Case opinions please? - 04-10-2018, 04:50 PM

Any opinions on this case please?

https://www.pooldawg.com/product/kat...t-leather-case

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#2)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-10-2018, 05:18 PM

I have seen these and am intrigued by them.

But in that price range I would consider a JB rugged case first.

You have several Katana cases, so I am wondering what you think of them. Since you have several I assume you like them or you would not have several of them.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#3)
Michael Andros
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

04-10-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
I have seen these and am intrigued by them.

But in that price range I would consider a JB rugged case first.

You have several Katana cases, so I am wondering what you think of them. Since you have several I assume you like them or you would not have several of them.

I actually bought that one @ 2 weeks ago. I am very satisfied with it. I like Katana VERY much. I assume they're Japanese and I have an affinity for their culture, art, etc... I was just wondering what YOUR opinion would be.

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#4)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Actually, I would guess they are made in China, same as Katana shafts.

Though Katana is a Japanese sword, in this case it is just a product name developed for marketing purposes.

I have thought their 1x1 looked cool. I don't remember seeing a 1x2 but think it would be cool. Kind of like a modern Felini type case. Nice for storage and carry, but no room for any accessories.

I have almost bought a 1x1 several times out of curiosity.

I think they look great. I have never held one so I can't comment on anything like that.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#5)
Michael Andros

04-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Actually, I would guess they are made in China, same as Katana shafts.

Though Katana is a Japanese sword, in this case it is just a product name developed for marketing purposes.

I have thought their 1x1 looked cool. I don't remember seeing a 1x2 but think it would be cool. Kind of like a modern Felini type case. Nice for storage and carry, but no room for any accessories.

I have almost bought a 1x1 several times out of curiosity.

I think they look great. I have never held one so I can't comment on anything like that.

I don't think they make a 1x2. I have their 1x1 and 2x2 and now the 2x4. The technology for both the 1x1 and 2x2 is, as far as I have seen, singular. There is no clasp. The top stays closed via friction, almost a velcro application.

If you think China, then I'll go with that. The aesthetic is similar enough, I suppose, to the untrained eye, of which I certainly qualify.

I would say, since you've had interest, you should get the 1x1. I think you would appreciate it. All three of mine seem to be extremely well made, which was one of my main considerations.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#6)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

04-18-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
I don't think they make a 1x2. I have their 1x1 and 2x2 and now the 2x4. The technology for both the 1x1 and 2x2 is, as far as I have seen, singular. There is no clasp. The top stays closed via friction, almost a velcro application.

If you think China, then I'll go with that. The aesthetic is similar enough, I suppose, to the untrained eye, of which I certainly qualify.

I would say, since you've had interest, you should get the 1x1. I think you would appreciate it. All three of mine seem to be extremely well made, which was one of my main considerations.
What is the interior like? How tightly does it hold the cues? Could you take a pic of it?

Old
  (#7)
Michael Andros

04-19-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
What is the interior like? How tightly does it hold the cues? Could you take a pic of it?
Interior appears ( or looks like ) cotton with a thin layer of padding sewn into each sleeve. The shafts and butts are all held fairly tightly by the sleeves, the butts slightly lees so than the shafts.

~ Tony Proestos ~

~ Fat Randy ~

~ Ronnie Allen ~

Old
  (#8)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
06-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
I actually bought that one @ 2 weeks ago. I am very satisfied with it. I like Katana VERY much. I assume they're Japanese and I have an affinity for their culture, art, etc... I was just wondering what YOUR opinion would be.
My opinion? You definitely don't want mine.

The Katana cases are made in China. The name Katana refers to the type of case looking like the sheaths for actual katana swords.

Not going to comment on the construction and protection provided.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie