Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Pool Tables and Accessories Reviews
Reload this Page Best Way to Clean Simonis?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Best Way to Clean Simonis?
Old
  (#1)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member
Prairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Best Way to Clean Simonis? - 04-28-2017, 08:47 AM

I'd like to hear some different opinions on this subject. I have Simonis 860HR in green and use the blue chalk. I purchased the Simonis X thing that was supposed to pick up the chalk but found it to be pretty much worthless. I have been using a high quality microfiber towel just a little damp and going over the cloth but I worry about water and wool. I don't brush anymore but do vacuum often. Still after an hour of play, my bridge hand is dirty with chalk just like the pool hall.

Member of NRA

Dirty hand frm plaing on 860 cloth
Old
  (#2)
acedonkeyace
AzB Silver Member
acedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond reputeacedonkeyace has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Dirty hand frm plaing on 860 cloth - 04-29-2017, 01:08 AM

Using the Simonois X-1, will help a lot with this problem, Also, using the GRUNG with the misting cleaner from the can will help with this also.

So, if you clean, vacuum and X-1 and then the Felt cleaner and finally the grung to clear off, this is the best you are going to do to keep all chalk residue off the cloth.

Hope this helps a bit,

Respectfully,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

Old
  (#3)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member
Prairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond repute

04-29-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedonkeyace View Post
Using the Simonois X-1, will help a lot with this problem, Also, using the GRUNG with the misting cleaner from the can will help with this also.

So, if you clean, vacuum and X-1 and then the Felt cleaner and finally the grung to clear off, this is the best you are going to do to keep all chalk residue off the cloth.

Hope this helps a bit,

Respectfully,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy
Thanks, I didn't think too much of the X-1 so sold it. Had not heard of the GRUNG so will order some.

Member of NRA

Old
  (#4)
Steve748
Registered
Steve748 is on a distinguished road

11-26-2017, 09:34 AM

I vacuum once a week and I use the X1 every morning and I find it works extremely well. I clean the X1 with the vacuum and is good to go for another week. I think it works very well and I wouldn't be without it. I take it when we play league as some tables are in desperate need of cleaning.

Old
  (#5)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member
iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

11-26-2017, 01:39 PM

I use a lint roller, about 8” wide. It picks up all the pieces of lint that accumulate. Super fast, and don’t need to drag the vacuum out for in-between cleanings.

I too think the x3 is mostly useless. I still use it, but I think only because I spent $80 on it. Ha ha.

Old
  (#6)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member

11-26-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I use a lint roller, about 8” wide. It picks up all the pieces of lint that accumulate. Super fast, and don’t need to drag the vacuum out for in-between cleanings.

I too think the x3 is mostly useless. I still use it, but I think only because I spent $80 on it. Ha ha.
I've learned; Woolite (cleans wool) and hot water on a fiber towel. For ball cleaner I use Meguiar's car polish instead of the ball cleaners. The ball cleaners form a line on the rail cushions.

Member of NRA

Old
  (#7)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

12-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Vacuum, woolite and hot water. Also brush the rails and the table next to them before vacuum.
Jason

Old
  (#8)
Forbin
AzB Silver Member
Forbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond reputeForbin has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2017, 02:46 AM

What is GRUNG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedonkeyace View Post
Also, using the GRUNG with the misting cleaner from the can will help with this also.

Old
  (#9)
phil dade
AzB Gold Member
phil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond reputephil dade has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-06-2017, 12:41 PM

I vaccum, brush with a special rail and three brush under ril brush, then regular brush, finally I go over with the X-1. n occasion, I start with the x 1 and finish with it. It works very well

Old
  (#10)
rtrdriver
AzB Silver Member
rtrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2018, 10:53 AM

Just wanted to give my two cents worth. You can do a lot to minimize your chalk build up on your table but don't expect your friends or anyone else to help you because their habits are going to be poor. What you will notice, as I have, that once you chalk your cue, you will see an excess amount on the tip that will fly off as soon as you hit the cue ball. What I do to minimize the excess to land on the cloth is just give the tip of your cue a tap or two on the edge of the pocket to remove that excess chalk. You can actually see the chalk dust fly as you do the tap. Try to hit the padded part of the pocket so you don't damage your cue.

As for cleaning the cloth ( I have 860 Simonis ) I use the Simonis X along with vacuuming the table at least once a week. Also keeping your balls and cue ball clean is essential so the chalk that will build up won't transfer to the table. This will also prevent the balls from skidding or rolling in weird directions.

As for chalk build up on your hand; try not to grind the chalk onto the tip; and don't do this over the table. Instead take the time to brush it on or paint it on as some describe it. Guaranteed to keep you hands much cleaner plus you should be looking at the tip while doing this to see if you are missing a spot.

Last edited by rtrdriver; 01-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Old
  (#11)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
What is GRUNG?
Its "GRUNGE" and its made for cleaning "smoking pipes and accessories". Don't think i'd use it on table. Just put a cap-full of Woolite in warm water and use micro-fiber cloths.

Old
  (#12)
randyaz
Registered
randyaz is on a distinguished road

01-11-2018, 03:57 AM

We use one of those Red Dirt Devil hand-held vacuum cleaners. Never any need to put anything on there and then vacuum it up. Just something more to sell you that you dont need.

Old
  (#13)
rtrdriver
AzB Silver Member
rtrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond reputertrdriver has a reputation beyond repute

01-26-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrdriver View Post
Just wanted to give my two cents worth. You can do a lot to minimize your chalk build up on your table but don't expect your friends or anyone else to help you because their habits are going to be poor. What you will notice, as I have, that once you chalk your cue, you will see an excess amount on the tip that will fly off as soon as you hit the cue ball. What I do to minimize the excess to land on the cloth is just give the tip of your cue a tap or two on the edge of the pocket to remove that excess chalk. You can actually see the chalk dust fly as you do the tap. Try to hit the padded part of the pocket so you don't damage your cue.

As for cleaning the cloth ( I have 860 Simonis ) I use the Simonis X along with vacuuming the table at least once a week. Also keeping your balls and cue ball clean is essential so the chalk that will build up won't transfer to the table. This will also prevent the balls from skidding or rolling in weird directions.

As for chalk build up on your hand; try not to grind the chalk onto the tip; and don't do this over the table. Instead take the time to brush it on or paint it on as some describe it. Guaranteed to keep you hands much cleaner plus you should be looking at the tip while doing this to see if you are missing a spot.
If you can mange to do all that and still have a problem with dirty hands, you should try to wipe off the wood part of the rails once in a while because the sweat and dirt from your hands due tend to make them dirty.

Oh and I have just recently gotten into these habits and find myself doing the tapping even at the pool hall.

I am sure everyone thinks it's weird or something because it looks like I am pointing to the pocket.

rtrdriver
9' Diamond pro-am - charcoal
Simonis 860 tournament blue

A&E custom cues -copper cue-purple heart-ebony-ivory inlay-silver rings
Aramith TV Super Pro set

Make the first shot count. After that the gun might jam.

Amazing
Old
  (#14)
oldroller
AzB Silver Member
oldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing - 01-26-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrdriver View Post
If you can mange to do all that and still have a problem with dirty hands, you should try to wipe off the wood part of the rails once in a while because the sweat and dirt from your hands due tend to make them dirty.

Oh and I have just recently gotten into these habits and find myself doing the tapping even at the pool hall.

I am sure everyone thinks it's weird or something because it looks like I am pointing to the pocket.
tip thanks??

Old
  (#15)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

01-28-2018, 07:41 AM

You can start by not using real messy chalks like master or predator

And using a premium chalk that stays on the tip and dirties the ball and cloth less like blue diamond and Russian magic chalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2