Giuseppe vs. Vincitore
Old
  (#1)
JFire
Registered
JFire is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Giuseppe vs. Vincitore - 03-29-2017, 09:23 AM

Hello all, I am in the market for my first real case and I have narrowed it down to these two cases. I understand everyone loves JB cases and I would buy one of those in a heartbeat except I want a leather case and I cannot justify the cost of the JB leather cases because at this time I just don't travel with my cues very much. So that being said I am trying to stay between 150-200 dollars and these two fit the bill. Having said that which of these two in a 3x4, 3x5, or 3x6 would you purchase if it was your money?? If you having any pictures of yours (specifically the interior) I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Jeff

Cases
Old
  (#2)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Cases - 03-29-2017, 09:45 AM

Neither of those are " real cue cases "

Unmmmmmm.... the vincitore is not real leather...maybe the strap...
If you like to see how they wear out and how the hardware/zippers break I've got one to show you and the cues floop around like fish in those junk cases..
Giuseppe cases I've seen last longer and built better but the zippers will still fail..

I'll dig up a pic and post of the wear/fail on vincitore or Giuseppe..

Anyway you can I suggest to save up your cash and buy a real leather case from one of the several case makers that make cases that will last you and your kids/grand kids a few lifetimes.
The offbrand production cases is a wolf in sheeps clothing....<~ they are out to get you.

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#3)
JFire
Registered

03-29-2017, 10:00 AM

Ok...well how about my first case that is not a 1x1 $30 job.

Any pics you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Old
  (#4)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
03-31-2017, 03:03 AM

VINCINTORE. Better than Giuseppe.

However, because I bought pretty outside and shitty inside is why I make cases today. Never again will I put my cues into a case without knowing how it's made all the to the bottom inside or it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#5)
JFire
Registered

03-31-2017, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the reply John, I have built a case and have it saved on your site. I may end up skipping the leather and getting the JB rugged because of what I have learned on here. Your site says 8 weeks to make it...is that pretty accurate??

Thanks,

Jeff

Csse
Old
  (#6)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Csse - 04-02-2017, 02:38 PM

This pretty much sums that up'

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#7)
cubswin
Just call me Joe...
cubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond reputecubswin has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2017, 05:19 PM

If you want a leather look maybe a instroke premier. Decent case for the money, it is vinyl, but appears to be leather.

I picked up a j/b rugged, and couldn't be happier. But had a premier for years, sold it to a buddy who has been using it for the last 7 years and it is still in the same shape I sold it to him in.

""It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie

Old
  (#8)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2017, 09:21 PM

When i got my JB rugged 3 years ago it was like a snapper. Slide those butts and shafts in snug as a rug. Now it's like the sleeve of an old peacoat. Unless you pack it full the stuff rattles around. Like my first wife.

JC

Old
  (#9)
JFire
Registered

04-08-2017, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone...JC, I about died when I read that! Ha Ha! That is interesting to hear. That is the first negative I have heard about a JB case.

Jeff

Old
  (#10)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.
j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

04-11-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
When i got my JB rugged 3 years ago it was like a snapper. Slide those butts and shafts in snug as a rug. Now it's like the sleeve of an old peacoat. Unless you pack it full the stuff rattles around. Like my first wife.

JC
The man paints a beautiful picture...

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#11)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
04-21-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post

JC
Lol. This is funny. Also why we now have removable interiors. You can get a younger model easily.

The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

Old
  (#12)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

04-21-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFire View Post
Thanks for the reply John, I have built a case and have it saved on your site. I may end up skipping the leather and getting the JB rugged because of what I have learned on here. Your site says 8 weeks to make it...is that pretty accurate??

Thanks,

Jeff
Most of the time we are able to deliver in 8 weeks or less.

Old
  (#13)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

04-21-2017, 01:23 PM

I bought this one.
Its built like a tank and holds the cues snugly.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cas...n-original.htm

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#14)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.
j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2017, 10:32 PM

I carried a 2 X 4 Giuseppe for a decade + before giving it to my son, who carries it now. Never had a single issue with the case, and it has held up nicely. Is it a JB, or an On-Q? No...Will it get the job done? Yes.
j2

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#15)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

06-02-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFire View Post
Hello all, I am in the market for my first real case and I have narrowed it down to these two cases. I understand everyone loves JB cases and I would buy one of those in a heartbeat except I want a leather case and I cannot justify the cost of the JB leather cases because at this time I just don't travel with my cues very much. So that being said I am trying to stay between 150-200 dollars and these two fit the bill. Having said that which of these two in a 3x4, 3x5, or 3x6 would you purchase if it was your money?? If you having any pictures of yours (specifically the interior) I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Jeff
Guiseppe is not leather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2