Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Anyone heard of fenix cases?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Anyone heard of fenix cases?
Old
  (#1)
limache
AzB Silver Member
limache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Anyone heard of fenix cases? - 03-04-2017, 06:50 AM

Has anyone ever heard of fenix cue cases?

http://www.fenixcases.com/products/blue-snake-cue-case/

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#2)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

03-05-2017, 10:33 AM

see them on facebook,
seem like a lower end custom case

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#3)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

03-11-2017, 08:27 PM

I bought one of their cases and I think the leatherwork was quite good quality. Stiching was uniform and well done, construction seemed very solid. I loved the strap design, I found it simple and elegant despite not being adjustable, though I am sure they would modify the strap size for a nominal fee if any. Leather was high quality and tooling was well done.Pockets had both a clasp and side zipper. I would definitely not put it in the low end category I think it is significantly nicer than say a Instroke leather case. It is not as elegant and constructed as well as a Whitten. But I think it would be durable and long lasting. I would classify them as a strong value

It is a tube case and I feeel the overall protection was adequate though not as good as a JB case. I am not as huge of a fan of the Ultrapad interior as many are, but it is better than the tubes in the Fenix. That said barring a truly catastrophic event I would expect the Fenix case to protect your cue very well for years.

Unfortunately the case I bought was damaged in shipment. Customer service has been excellent despite the language and time differences (they are in Portugal) They took the case back with no issue though getting DHL to pick it up was a bit of a PITA. They are crediting the case to a custom western Dragon themed case that they are building.

I would give them a fairly enthusiastic recommendation.

Last edited by johnnysd; 03-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Old
  (#4)
limache
AzB Silver Member
limache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond reputelimache has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2017, 03:59 AM

Sounds great - do you have a photo of your case?

So tube case - that's different from the envelope case right? I was interested in the envelope one.

Old
  (#5)
limache
AzB Silver Member

06-18-2017, 04:00 AM

Does yours have a pocket for a jump cue butt?

Old
  (#6)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-22-2017, 09:07 AM

how much are they??

Old
  (#7)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limache View Post
Sounds great - do you have a photo of your case?

So tube case - that's different from the envelope case right? I was interested in the envelope one.

So sorry I have not responded to this thread as of now. As I mentioned, my case had been damaged by DHL and Fenix agreed to take it back and make another, with a different design, Unfortunately, it seems like they are growing really quickly and have had some growing pains needing to buy new equipment and moving their facilities, so I have not actually received the new case yet. But I think it will be awesome.

Yes they seem to make 2 types of cases a hard case and an envelope case I got the envelope and I thought it was very nice. Leather was high quality and workmanship was good. Seemed like it would last well..

Mine did not have a specific jump butt pocket but they do that. I really really liked the strap design it was really simple and elegant.

They are supposed to be up and running again soon. I would recommend their cases.
Attached Images

Old
  (#8)
wimpy
AzB Silver Member
wimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond reputewimpy has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2017, 11:22 AM

Very good people to do business with. I would highly recommend them

Old
  (#9)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

06-26-2017, 01:33 PM

Are they made in Arizona?

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#10)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member

06-26-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
Are they made in Arizona?
Portugal..

Old
  (#11)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member

11-11-2017, 01:01 AM

Just an update that Fenix has fallen off the map. All of their promises turned out to essentially be lies and I with a lot of others were left completely holding the bag. They stopped communicating altogether and I was left with a broken case. I sold it for less than half I bought it (the person who bought it was able to fix it) but overall what started as a great experience with a company making really good cases became a nightmare. Avoid at all costs at this point.