Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Cuesports: Rules & Strategies
Reload this Page Rules question regarding object balls and cue balls

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Rules question regarding object balls and cue balls
Old
  (#1)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Rules question regarding object balls and cue balls - 09-22-2016, 11:25 AM

I was thinking about this when I was practicing last night.

If I hit the object ball and it bobbles against the bucket and literally just stays there as close a hanger as there can be. I go to sit down and the opponent begins to walk around the table to observe and while this goes on the object ball falls in. What would happen? Would I go back to the table or would the opponent stay on?

Same question applies if it's the cue ball being the hanger.

Old
  (#2)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-22-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post

If I hit the object ball and it bobbles against the bucket and literally just stays there as close a hanger as there can be. I go to sit down and the opponent begins to walk around the table to observe and while this goes on the object ball falls in. What would happen? Would I go back to the table or would the opponent stay on?

5 second rule I believe.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#3)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-18-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post

The ball is spotted as close to where it was as you can, the other player still has the turn.

5 seconds is correct about the time before the ball stops and falls in. I have also seen players hit the table during this time and the ball goes in, that could be an unsportsmanlike foul. Like it hangs and the player hits the table like he is angry or pushes the table with his leg or something.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!