Reload this Page Tom Hay's new line of tips
Page 1 of 12 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Tom Hay's new line of tips
Old
  (#1)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Tom Hay's new line of tips - 07-19-2016, 07:25 PM

Everyone knows Tom Hay's infamous line of Ultraskin tips. They're layered, cheap and play amazing. And by cheap, I mean you can buy 10 of his tips for the price of 1 Kamui tip.

Recently I saw Tom post on his Facebook page about his new line of tips called Simplicity In Billiards (SIB Tips). The purpose of this new line of tips is to use brown leather (light green according to Tom) tips and that they're made to play as close as possible to the 1990's Moori tips. Seems very interesting, I'm definitely going to give this a try. From my experience, brown tips tend to hold chalk significantly better (eg: G2 and Kamui Brown). I'm also hoping Tom can maybe provide the same or similar deal to his Ultraskin tips.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272311118555

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Pro+ Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Last edited by ZeroSkylineX; 07-26-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.
Tramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond repute

07-19-2016, 07:53 PM

Going to try one myself. I always did like the way an old Moori played, sometimes.
And, for you folks out there who have never used an Ultraskin cue tip, don't let Zero's use of the word cheap fool you. Tom's tips are all high quality at a reasonable price. With emphasis on the high quality.
Save me a couple of mediums, Tom.

Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. Purveyor of two fine quality cues, the Miracle, and the Wonder. Our motto says it all: "If it's a good cue, it's a Wonder." "If it's a straight cue, it's a Miracle."

I am a member in good standing in the Lock Society as: Tramp Lock.

Tips
Old
  (#3)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Tips - 07-19-2016, 08:49 PM

I've been wondering when these was going be released.
Thanks tom, sounds like you've been feeling better.

Thanks again.

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#4)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

07-19-2016, 08:52 PM

I am a big fan of the Ultraskin tips. My only gripe is when I use the medium black tip that it mushrooms way too easily and I have to have it fixed up. I think my last one I had to have it done twice. They play great though, just wish they didn't mushroom so easily.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#5)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-19-2016, 09:33 PM

Will be on the look out to pick a few up for testing... I have test numbers for compression, Hardness and COR on the original Moori M thanks to Royce (RIP) and Lomax....

Maybe the new ones will at least be marked with country of origin per FTC requirements...

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Old
  (#6)
SJDinPHX
AzB Silver Member
SJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond reputeSJDinPHX has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-19-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
I am a big fan of the Ultraskin tips. My only gripe is when I use the medium black tip that it mushrooms way too easily and I have to have it fixed up. I think my last one I had to have it done twice. They play great though, just wish they didn't mushroom so easily.
Don't worry Lendon..I'm sure, after you have your corrective thumb surgery, you will be able to see it was actually your thumb that was mushrooming!

PS..Hope its not too late for our wager on Bustie and Chohan?

SJD--Will work for Yukon Jack !

Last edited by SJDinPHX; 07-19-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Old
  (#7)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
Will be on the look out to pick a few up for testing... I have test numbers for compression, Hardness and COR on the original Moori M thanks to Royce (RIP) and Lomax....

Maybe the new ones will at least be marked with country of origin per FTC requirements...

Give it a rest Chris, it only makes you look small when you make posts like this.

Everyone Sees What I Appear To Be,
Few Experience What I Really Am...

You think that you're one thing, but understand that you're seen as another, so you suspect that maybe you are the other, but you don't know what that means... "Calhoun"

Old
  (#8)
Woofresh
AzB Silver Member
Woofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2016, 04:48 AM

ultraskins way overrated imo

Old
  (#9)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.
Tramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond reputeTramp Steamer has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofresh View Post
ultraskins way overrated imo

Woofy, I play One Pocket with a guy who miss cues several times a session. He'll blame the tip, the chalk, the humidity, the waitress with too short, shorts. Everything except his stroke which is as screwed up as Hogan's goat.
Are you like that guy?

Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. Purveyor of two fine quality cues, the Miracle, and the Wonder. Our motto says it all: "If it's a good cue, it's a Wonder." "If it's a straight cue, it's a Miracle."

Old
  (#10)
Woofresh
AzB Silver Member
Woofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond reputeWoofresh has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp Steamer View Post
Woofy, I play One Pocket with a guy who miss cues several times a session. He'll blame the tip, the chalk, the humidity, the waitress with too short, shorts. Everything except his stroke which is as screwed up as Hogan's goat.
Are you like that guy?
if I was I'd be saying all tips suck... but I'm not.... we're talking ultraskins... try to keep up

Old
  (#11)
Tramp Steamer
One Pocket enthusiast.

07-20-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
if I was I'd be saying all tips suck... but I'm not.... we're talking ultraskins... try to keep up

Hey, I'm pedaling as fast as I can.
Let's see, you say Ultraskins suck, but you don't give any reasons why. So what then are the rest of us to assume?
Remember, Woof. Ninety-nine percent of all plane crashes are caused by pilot error.

Old
  (#12)
Woofresh
AzB Silver Member

07-20-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Hey, I'm pedaling as fast as I can.
Let's see, you say Ultraskins suck, but you don't give any reasons why. So what then are the rest of us to assume?
Remember, Woof. Ninety-nine percent of all plane crashes are caused by pilot error.
the price is the only thing going for them... but I still would never buy one again... they mushroom just like kamui... they dry out pretty quick too...

if you like them... then good luck to you...

Old
  (#13)
john coloccia
AzB Silver Member
john coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond reputejohn coloccia has a reputation beyond repute

07-20-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
the price is the only thing going for them... but I still would never buy one again... they mushroom just like kamui... they dry out pretty quick too...

if you like them... then good luck to you...
Mine mushroom slightly after playing for a couple of days. I trim them and they never mushroom again. I'm voting pilot error too. Best layered tips I've played, and I've tried most.

hogan's goat
Old
  (#14)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

hogan's goat - 07-20-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Are you like that guy?
you learn something every day ....thanks tramp......
hogan's goat
The phrase like Hogan’s goat refers to something that is faulty, messed up, or stinks like a goat. The phrase is a reference to R.F. Outcault’s seminal newspaper comic Hogan’s Alley, which debuted in 1895.

Ultra Skin
Old
  (#15)
saint1
AzB Silver Member
saint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond reputesaint1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300
  Send a message via AIM to saint1  
Ultra Skin - 07-20-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john coloccia View Post
Mine mushroom slightly after playing for a couple of days. I trim them and they never mushroom again. I'm voting pilot error too. Best layered tips I've played, and I've tried most.
Agreed, after buying and installing over a hundred I think they are great. I never have to shape, trim, or touch the ones on my personal cues. Sometimes just 1 time after installing as mentioned above but that is true for most all tips.

Playing Cue-Gina -17
Break Cue-Jack Madden
Practice cue, Capone
Others-Capone x 2, Madden x 5, 1987 SouthWest, 1995 Franklin S.W. Pete Tascarella, Bobby Hunter,Runde R-15, Early Southwest Satin x 2, Steve Klein x 2, Barnhart, P. Weston , Gina, Omega/DPK, Kikel, 1985 D-15, Cole Dickson Jensen x 2, Coker x 2 Richard Black x3, Tim Scruggs, Mystyque, Loaded Mike Erwin, Jim Lee/Madden Gambler cue, McDermott TOC cue.Early Sharp Point Schon

Case- Instroke
Table-Antique Brunswick "Alexandria"

Page 1 of 12 1 2311 Last »