Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page BiXur Cues

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
BiXur Cues
Old
  (#1)
dorianm
Registered
dorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

BiXur Cues - 02-14-2016, 02:22 AM

Hello everybody! I search for informations about BiXur, all I know from a german forum is that BiXur was a division of Adam cues. ( that seems real because cues have the Adam lion logo ) Is anyone out there who knows details about that, something about the time period when they were manufactured or other informations? Many thanks in advance!
Here I have one photo of the logo...

Name:  76793534_2_1000x700_tacuri-de-biliard-profi-fotografii.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  21.2 KB

Old
  (#2)
dorianm
Registered
dorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond reputedorianm has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2016, 08:49 PM

Let me post some updates... from the german forum. There was a series in the 80's of Adam Cues by trademark BiXur. Luckily for me one person still has the original prospect and he was kindly to upload some photos. Here they are!
Name:  image-2.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  96.1 KB

So... the cue I bought was a BX-1 BiXur and the price was something about 25$. It looks vintage and was preserved very well, a few dings on butt but nothing serious, dead straight and it weight about 20 oz ( 4.29 the shaft and 15.64 the butt ); about 13 mm on top with 8-12 Pro Taper on shaft. The tip was there to but I didn't like how it looks so I change it with a Soft On Cyborg Tip... this week-end I will play with it so I will post some impressions about it... I can't wait to shot a few strokes with it!

Old
  (#3)
dorianm
Registered

02-20-2016, 11:34 PM

I played this week-end for the first time with my BiXur BX-1 cue... I need to make some things known to be better understood... I usually play with a McDermott cue with I3 shaft or WX900 shaft, both have about 11.75-12 mm on tips, and the weight of the cue is about 18oz. BiXur have a 13 mm and 20oz so it was not the type of cue I usually play... first frame was nearly a break-run... I missed the last ball but the position to the black was perfect. ( I usually play 8 ball ) I am not a day-by-day player, I play one time on a month so that was a good start. I played against my friend who beat me last time with 14-9 and I win with 9-3... for the first time I played with my BiXur and it was something better in my game... not just the feel, not just the new tip that I put it ( Cyborg On SSupra Tip ) but the cue seems to be different, much easier to predict, much easier to control the ball... the only thing that keeps me away from a better score was the follow of the ball, it seems like I need a medium type of tip because my stroke doesn't move the ball like I expected when I hit upper the center... it was a slower follow than what I was used with the McDermott. The draw was nearly the same but the side spin was a problem for me too... the ball has a good rotation but hard to predict the speed. The feel of the cue was great... it was a real pleasure to play with it...