Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > US Open Championships
Reload this Page Free Entry To The US Open?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Free Entry To The US Open?
Old
  (#1)
iapoolguy
AzB Silver Member
iapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond reputeiapoolguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

Free Entry To The US Open? - 09-18-2006, 01:03 AM

I was told by a little birdy....that Allen Hopkins offered Free entries to all finishers at his Valley Forge Event...all age groups included...If this is correct, Why did the 14 and younger winner get denied?....Is it because he's only 11?....What other possible reason could there be?....his older brothers were alowed to play(15 and 18)...they earned the same right to play as the 11 year old earned.( he was very upset about this after he was denied because of age ) The same little birdy told me there was a 12 yr. old entering.
Hmmm....could it be there is some politics going on here?..(referance to the youngst player to enter the US Open...Charlie Williams at 15).
This 11yr old Player did earn his way...Did the 12 yr old?..or was his a paid entry?....There is nothing wrong with paying to play...but bringing poltics into it marketing an age is all wrong...
LET THE KIDS PLAY....if they can compete at level to not bring down the Prestage of the US Open any age should be alowed to enter...It is an OPEN Entry event! We had to know this young age would get to this level of achievment someday with all the programs that are available for Jr. aged players(thanks to Allen and many more).
I have watched this 11yr. old, run racks of eight ball and nine ball.....and his sportsmanship is at a level way beyond his yrs.(even mine at time's LOL)
Free Entry or Paid entry they should be alowed to play...and given there earned spots!

Old
  (#2)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2006, 09:37 AM

No. Landon did not win a spot and wasn't aware of such spots to be won.
I paid Landon's entry of $500 and accounting of that fact is available. I believe Landon is qualified otherwise I would not enter him. I can assure you that I am totally and absolutely unaware of any politics involved in Landon's process of entering the U.S. Open.
Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#3)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-18-2006, 10:09 AM

One more thought: Last May in Jacksonville Landon did win a free entry to the UPA Championship(not the U.S Open) to be held in Las Vegas after the first of the year. It is my thinking that skilled juniors should be allowed to compete in Open tourneys. Of course, I am biased.
Stan Shuffett

Old
  (#4)
WINTHEDAY14
AzB Silver Member
WINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-18-2006, 03:53 PM

Yea, ryan and adam do get to play, but i think chad should be able to play thats not fair at all he earned it.

Old
  (#5)
mosconiac
Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
mosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 624

09-22-2006, 08:21 AM

Hi Terry. This is Mark Nelson.

Good news, I see all three names on this list! Adam, Chad, & Ryan.

http://www.billiardclub.net/billiard...?articleID=124

Old
  (#6)
WINTHEDAY14
AzB Silver Member
WINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond reputeWINTHEDAY14 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-22-2006, 11:58 AM

they certainly will be the talk of the tournament, adam and ryan are trying to qualfiy to get into the tourney to try and get the IPT tour cards best of luck to them.