Reload this Page Justis case interiors
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Justis case interiors
Old
  (#1)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Justis case interiors - 02-11-2015, 12:20 PM

What are the current Justis interiors like? I remember reading they changed at some point, are the new ones more padded at all?

Old
  (#2)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-17-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
What are the current Justis interiors like? I remember reading they changed at some point, are the new ones more padded at all?
No. Not in my opinion. It bothered me when I could here my cues banging back and fourth in the case while walking. I don't think it damaged them ... It just bugged me. His interior is a lot lighter then the old tube style Lol. I had a job interior put in mine and its a great combo.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#3)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2015, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I too had one once and didn't care for the cues knocking around in there. I don't doubt that it's safe enough, just bugged me. Especially now that I'm used to a JB interior. So wish I could order a Justis with a JB interior!

Old
  (#4)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2015, 05:20 PM

The cues don't knock around at all, the interiors are fine on his current cases.

Old
  (#5)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2015, 05:26 PM

Well most of us saw the video and which case the cues actually collided in.

JV

www.classiccues.com
Large Cue listing and cases are coming

Updated 6/29/2020 more to come... all NEW

Sales to be updated soon - by 4/10

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#6)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

02-18-2015, 06:24 PM

I remember the video where Barton shook the interior like a martini shaker, and yes, there was some coliding inside. I would say during normal use, my Justis case protects the cues fine, as it doesn't come anywhere near that degree of shaking. I think I'd have to be in a car accident to produce that.

Having said that, there are varying degrees of protection in cases, and Justis and Whitten (which I also have) tend to give the cues a little breathing room, which I think in careful hands, is not that bad. Then there are the tighter cases, such as Instroke and others, which hold the cues tighter. I think as long as you don't shake your Justis case like a martini shaker, you're in good hands. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Old
  (#7)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
The cues don't knock around at all, the interiors are fine on his current cases.
so your saying it was my imagination that the cues were banging back and fourth as I was walking lol as I said I don't think it did any damage as jb said it did but they certainly were in the there very loose and the jb interior was an absolute upgrade and it never happened again.

Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#8)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 01:48 AM

I wish I could just order a Justis with the old tube interior but he won't make one.

Went back & forth over several emails & he's convinced his interior is good as is. I'm not fond of JB's interiors either, I like lined tubes.

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#9)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
I wish I could just order a Justis with the old tube interior but he won't make one.

Went back & forth over several emails & he's convinced his interior is good as is. I'm not fond of JB's interiors either, I like lined tubes.
I have a JJ with tubes and an ultra lite. The tube one is awesome. The ultra is very disappointing. The is no padding/cushion on the case bottom. My bumperless cues hit hard when inserted. I was never a fan of JB cases until I bought one. The interiors are just about perfect. I would convert the JJ but want to keep it in the original form. Interior does not matter as it does not leave the house...other wise it would be converted to a JB.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#10)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
I have a JJ with tubes and an ultra lite. The tube one is awesome. The ultra is very disappointing. The is no padding/cushion on the case bottom. My bumperless cues hit hard when inserted. I was never a fan of JB cases until I bought one. The interiors are just about perfect. I would convert the JJ but want to keep it in the original form. Interior does not matter as it does not leave the house...other wise it would be converted to a JB.

Yeah I had a Justis tube style for years & then decided to get a new case & bought a Whitten & sold the Justis. Now the Whitten is needing replacing. I decided to get another Justis & then Jack informed me he would not do tube cases anymore. He was very adamant that his new interior is superior, I don't agree.

As far as JB goes many seem to love that style but I'm not crazy about that interior, again I like lined tubes so it looks like I'll be ordering another Whitten.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#11)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah I had a Justis tube style for years & then decided to get a new case & bought a Whitten & sold the Justis. Now the Whitten is needing replacing. I decided to get another Justis & then Jack informed me he would not do tube cases anymore. He was very adamant that his new interior is superior, I don't agree.

As far as JB goes many seem to love that style but I'm not crazy about that interior, again I like lined tubes so it looks like I'll be ordering another Whitten.
For travel or poolroom I use a Guiseppee w/ tubes. They are great cases..... they are vinyl .... But that's not a deal breaker.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#12)
trob
AzB Silver Member

04-22-2016, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
yep.. as soon as I bought mine at the expo I went to a nearby stand and bought little foam pieces they use at the bottom of in stroke cases and put it in. It bothered me also.

Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury

Old
  (#13)
jhanso18
Broken Lock
jhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2328

04-26-2016, 09:57 AM

I've heard if you put your cue into a Justice case it spontaneously combusts......

~ Keith Kues ~
They are truly "old school" made with no CNC, no pantographs, no veneers and about 55 gallons of coffee. ~ Keith Hanssen
www.keithkues.com

[

Old
  (#14)
Derrick Steel
.....Viper Killer.....
Derrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond reputeDerrick Steel has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:

I believe JB makes a tube lined interior. It's an option on his order form and there are pics on his website.

http://jbcases.com/sizes.html

Old
  (#15)
Colonel
Living The Dream

05-13-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick Steel View Post
I believe JB makes a tube lined interior. It's an option on his order form and there are pics on his website.

http://jbcases.com/sizes.html

Thanks for the link

-William Blake

Page 1 of 2 1 2