Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page New Model Predator 2x4 Sport

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
New Model Predator 2x4 Sport
Old
  (#1)
plhlolelnlilx
F.I.S.H.
plhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600
  Send a message via Yahoo to plhlolelnlilx  
New Model Predator 2x4 Sport - 01-06-2015, 11:31 PM

I just received the newest model of the Predator sport case in black. The materials/construction are both excellent and I really like the simulated carbon weave that's on about half the case. Below are the pros and cons of the new design vs the old sport or racer series.. at least in my opinion.

Pros
They added another hook for the shoulder strap so the case sits better on your shoulder.

The lid now opens from right to left so you can put your assembled cues in the case and the lid won't interfere when leaning it against a table or wall.

The bottom of the case is a solid rubber so no more rivets popping out.

The new carbon weave vinyl looks fantastic.

Cons
The handle has been moved closer to the top of the case which helps to prevent cues from sliding out if the lid isn't secure but doesn't feel as nice carrying it that way.

The carrying handle is now foam padded rather than the old sport rubber grip. It looks like it will do the job and it is comfortable but feels cheap.

There is a small area by the tab where you open the case. It's a shiny vinyl and really doesn't match the design of the rest of the case.

Although I listed cons, I really do love the case and would recommend it to anyone that's on the fence about the new style.

Last edited by plhlolelnlilx; 01-06-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Plagueis
AzB Silver Member
Plagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-26-2015, 04:17 AM

How do the cues sit in the case? Are they snug or loose? when you carry the case as it's loaded with cues do they rattle around?

Old
  (#3)
plhlolelnlilx
F.I.S.H.
plhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond reputeplhlolelnlilx has a reputation beyond repute

02-26-2015, 12:23 PM

They sit deep in the case so I added a 1+ foam to the bottom of each butt tube. I wouldn't call it snug or loose but definitely protected. They do not move around. If you need a lot of pocket space, this case isn't for you.

Old
  (#4)
Plagueis
AzB Silver Member
Plagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond reputePlagueis has a reputation beyond repute

02-26-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plhlolelnlilx View Post
They sit deep in the case so I added a 1+ foam to the bottom of each butt tube.
What do you mean by "a 1+ foam"?

Old
  (#5)
plhlolelnlilx
F.I.S.H.

02-26-2015, 01:55 PM

It wasn't foam exactly. I took two small pieces of bubble wrap and stuffed them down the tubes. It raised the cues up about an inch.

Old
  (#6)
ronscuba
AzB Silver Member
ronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond reputeronscuba has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2015, 09:02 AM

Good looking case.

Nice to see new style options in cue cases.

Old
  (#7)
Busboy
Wanna Play Some?
Busboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond reputeBusboy has a reputation beyond repute

03-23-2015, 11:53 PM

Like how it has the carbon fiber look nice case

Player - Predator
Jump - Custom
Break- Bunji

"Billiards is the well developed art of thinking ahead. Its not only a game, but first and foremost a demanding sport, which requires good stamina, the logical thinking of a chess player, and the stable hand of a concert pianist."

Old
  (#8)
july9x
AzB Silver Member
july9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond repute

11-09-2015, 01:29 PM

Is there any way I can have the 3x4 ultrapad interior from JB Cases added inside this case, I like carbon-fiber /modern the look of this case and also prefer the protection from JB cases's ultrapad?

Old
  (#9)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-11-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july9x View Post
Is there any way I can have the 3x4 ultrapad interior from JB Cases added inside this case, I like carbon-fiber /modern the look of this case and also prefer the protection from JB cases's ultrapad?
Probably not. I'd have to see the case first to know how it's built. If it has the foam core then our interior won't fit.

Looks like they copied some of the features from our Rugged line. That should make the cases somewhat better.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#10)
july9x
AzB Silver Member
july9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond reputejuly9x has a reputation beyond repute

11-19-2015, 12:22 AM

plhlolelnlilx can you show us how the interior looks like without and with cues?

Old
  (#11)
Ketis
AzB Bronze Member
Ketis is on a distinguished road

12-09-2015, 02:11 PM

Ive had this case for a few weeks and would like to add my review as well.
The cues are well protected in this case, the inside is very soft and durable. They do not move around when carrying it around. I shook the case up and down loaded with cues and they stayed exactly where they should be.

The handles and shoulder strap rings appear to be attached very well. There are 3 rings so you can attach the strap in multiple configurations.

Cues are easy to insert, but a little difficult to remove as they sit low. The case is deep, so the shafts do not stick out much. This can be solved by cutting some foam and putting it in the bottom of the case.
The handles and shoulder strap rings appear to be attached very well. There are 3 rings so you can attach the strap in multiple configurations. The soft handle feels nice to hold however it is not centered in the case. When holding by the handle, it is not balanced so the weight wants to keep the case vertical. The pockets are not that large on this case, so keep that in mind if you like to keep a lot of gear with you.

Fit and finish are excellent. Everything comes together nicely and looks very well made. I have gotten quite a few compliments on this case. Another plus is that it comes with protective sleeves for the predator air jump cue. It also comes with a protective sleeve for the entire case that you can use for storage.

This case comes with a carbon fiber design on it which I love. I think it looks great and is a nice change from your typical leather case.

Score: 90/100
Personally, I would have liked if the case was balanced so you could carry it horizontally by the handle. It also took a minor modification to get the cues to sit at a height to remove them easily. Other than those minor issues, it is an excellent case.