Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Pool Tables and Accessories Reviews
Reload this Page Pool table question

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pool table question
Old
  (#1)
walleyekidd
Registered
walleyekidd is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Pool table question - 05-25-2014, 11:29 AM

I have a American Heritage 8ft pool table. I recently put all new rubber rails BCM I believe. I also have put Simonis 860 cloth on, the only problem I see is every once and while when you really stroke a ball into the pocket it wants to jump up. It only does it when you miss, when it rattles back and forth it tends to jump up and out. My question is did I do something wrong when I cut the rail and put the facing on? Anyone had this same issue?

Pool Table
Old
  (#2)
poolpaul
Registered
poolpaul is on a distinguished road

Pool Table - 05-30-2014, 02:40 AM

The corner of the holes are surrounded with rails and the ball can jump once it hit the rails in the corner. But how can it jump once it is packed?

Exactly am not clear with the problem you have .

Can you explain clearly?

I faced a problem in 9ft pool table which the rail got damaged so the ball won’t strike properly into the pocket. Then I have changed my rails new and now my pool table is in good condition to play.

Old
  (#3)
wineslob
AzB Silver Member
wineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond reputewineslob has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2014, 08:21 AM

Sound like the nose height of the rails/cushions is off.

Some info:

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/table.html

Or ask in the tech section.

Old
  (#4)
Jeweler
Registered
Jeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond reputeJeweler has a reputation beyond repute

06-26-2014, 11:32 AM

I have run into the same problem sort of. I just had my bumpers replaced with tournament grade pure rubber and the table covered with Simonis 860. The angles on the bumpers were cut by hand and the problem I'm having is that unless you hit directly into the pocket it rattles and doesn't drop. Also the 860 cloth actually slowed down my table. I'm very disappointed with how my table plays now. Does everybody cut the angles on the bumpers "by eye"???

Old
  (#5)
walleyekidd
Registered
walleyekidd is on a distinguished road

07-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolpaul View Post
The corner of the holes are surrounded with rails and the ball can jump once it hit the rails in the corner. But how can it jump once it is packed?

Exactly am not clear with the problem you have .

Can you explain clearly?

I faced a problem in 9ft pool table which the rail got damaged so the ball won’t strike properly into the pocket. Then I have changed my rails new and now my pool table is in good condition to play.

When the ball rattles in the pocket, it will pop up a inch or two then work its way back out. my rail height is correct, so I am wondering if I cut the rail wrong when I put the facing on?

Old
  (#6)
Mr Nobody
Banned
Mr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond reputeMr Nobody has a reputation beyond repute

07-14-2014, 10:51 AM

You are referring to the pocket facings . If they are opened up too much the balls will rebound across the opening instead of kicking in the pocket , another aspect is the slate may extend to far back into the pocket , which also causes the ball to rattle and miss . I've used a belt sander to reshape the facings or you can glue some aggressive grit sandpaper to a block and do it by hand , before and after you apply facings . Closing in the angle of the facings will tighten up your pockets but if you hit the inside the ball will go in ... Good luck with your table ...