Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page New Its George cases.. or Its George II.. or the second coming
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
New Its George cases.. or Its George II.. or the second coming
Old
  (#1)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

New Its George cases.. or Its George II.. or the second coming - 05-16-2013, 06:24 AM

OK I have had 3 or 4 of these cases to examine and critique. Quality issues are minor and I am sure as soon as they get a little more practice under their belts, there will not be any issues.

These cases are 1x2 Fellini style cases, as they have always been. The bloodline is pure and not infiltrated by foreign seed. I have had two elephant prints, an eel print and a blue ostritch case. The latter being my favorite and will look exceptional with the cue I have coming...

The thinner skins are back seamed like a Fellini or Centennial, or original its George. The heavier skins are side stitched, like they used to be. So nothing has really changed. They come with a locking latch, old school type hardware. The ends are black plastic, the Original its George in white on the bottom, and the top is plain black. The case has a felt presentation cover, could be better with the Its George logo on the sleeve.

I would make two changes, it would say Its George II, and I would put "Made in the USA" in the bottom cap. Other than that, its a great case for going to the pool room, storage, whatever you like. Yes,the inner sleeves go to the bottom.

I "drop" tested it with a few cues and they did not nick or ding, so I do not see any issues with that aspect of the case. For the price, and the quality, this case is a no brainer.

I am sure there will be 2x4's, straps, pockets, etc. I do like the singular, no-nonsense case, its just business when you carry one of these.

JV
Attached Images

www.classiccues.com
Large Cue listing and cases are coming

Updated 6/29/2020 more to come... all NEW

Sales to be updated soon - by 4/10

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#2)
cuesblues
cue accumulator
cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-16-2013, 07:02 AM

The new George case look terrific.
Have you seen any new 3x6 It's George cases?
I just counted, and I have 16-old George cases.
The 1x2's & 2x4's are fine, but the plastic at the top on the 3 x 6's where the lid goes is a little thin for that much surface area.
Just wondering if they beefed that up on the new version.

I prefer the old It's George logo on the bottom, but It's George II is very original>>

player...Barry Szamboti, South West, Runde Schon
player...Bill Schick, South West, Larry Vigus, Andy Gilbert
player...Black Boar, A-E, , Kenny Murrell, Paul Drexler
player...Bob Owen, Terry McFadden, Jacoby, Josh Treadway
player...Tim Scruggs, Bob Frey Woodworth, Davey Jones
player...Kent Davis, Predator, Loveland Customs
player...Pat Diveney, Palmer
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#3)
rjb1168
AzB Gold Member
rjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2013, 06:12 PM

I agree with you Joe / It's George II

Old
  (#4)
jhanso18
Broken Lock
jhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond reputejhanso18 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2328

05-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Definitely add a "II" but I'm curious, not knocking simply curious, are these a 100% Made in USA product, or are they assembled in America. I like to buy 100% USA manufactured products when they are made to a high quality. If this is the case this is very good news!

How do the interiors compare to the old Geoge cases? same, better, or worse?

~ Keith Kues ~
They are truly "old school" made with no CNC, no pantographs, no veneers and about 55 gallons of coffee. ~ Keith Hanssen
www.keithkues.com

[

Old
  (#5)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2013, 01:15 PM

I don't know. Maybe the thread is made in Indonesia, or the latch in Siam. What I concern myself with is that at the end of the day, the monies are kept and spent here.

Interior sleeve is similar. The same, I don't know.

JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanso18 View Post
Definitely add a "II" but I'm curious, not knocking simply curious, are these a 100% Made in USA product, or are they assembled in America. I like to buy 100% USA manufactured products when they are made to a high quality. If this is the case this is very good news!

www.classiccues.com

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#6)
cuesblues
cue accumulator
cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
Interior sleeve is similar. The same, I don't know.
I have 16-old It's George cases, every style you can think of, even a suitcase style 1 x 2 that the logo reads:
IT'S GEORGE
AND THAT SAYS IT ALL

One improvement I would like to see would be to beef up the plastic extrusion at the top of the 3x6 cases.
There is too much surface area and they crack very easily.
No problem with the 1x2 and 2x4 cases, just the 3x6.
There is plenty of room in a 3x6, I love em, but there seems to be a common problem with the 3x6 It's George cases.

player...Barry Szamboti, South West, Runde Schon
player...Bill Schick, South West, Larry Vigus, Andy Gilbert
player...Black Boar, A-E, , Kenny Murrell, Paul Drexler
player...Bob Owen, Terry McFadden, Jacoby, Josh Treadway
player...Tim Scruggs, Bob Frey Woodworth, Davey Jones
player...Kent Davis, Predator, Loveland Customs
player...Pat Diveney, Palmer
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#7)
Rusty Melton
AzB Silver Member
Rusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Melton has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanso18 View Post

The cases look nice Joe, I'm glad to see them being made. I always loved the looks of the smooth black ones.

Last edited by Rusty Melton; 05-21-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Old
  (#8)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-21-2013, 06:54 AM

It's nice to see these back on the market, and nice to see a review.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#9)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccues View Post
OK I have had 3 or 4 of these cases to examine and critique. Quality issues are minor and I am sure as soon as they get a little more practice under their belts, there will not be any issues.

These cases are 1x2 Fellini style cases, as they have always been. The bloodline is pure and not infiltrated by foreign seed. I have had two elephant prints, an eel print and a blue ostritch case. The latter being my favorite and will look exceptional with the cue I have coming...

The thinner skins are back seamed like a Fellini or Centennial, or original its George. The heavier skins are side stitched, like they used to be. So nothing has really changed. They come with a locking latch, old school type hardware. The ends are black plastic, the Original its George in white on the bottom, and the top is plain black. The case has a felt presentation cover, could be better with the Its George logo on the sleeve.

I would make two changes, it would say Its George II, and I would put "Made in the USA" in the bottom cap. Other than that, its a great case for going to the pool room, storage, whatever you like. Yes,the inner sleeves go to the bottom.

I "drop" tested it with a few cues and they did not nick or ding, so I do not see any issues with that aspect of the case. For the price, and the quality, this case is a no brainer.

I am sure there will be 2x4's, straps, pockets, etc. I do like the singular, no-nonsense case, its just business when you carry one of these.

JV
Not infiltrated by foreign seed? That sounds so biblical. For the readers clarification do you intend to sell these cases?

What are the quality issues you found that you consider to be minor? I also was able to inspect these new It's George cases a week ago but I don't feel the need to review them. I am curious though what the issues are currently with the examples you have.

When you say you are sure that there will be 2x4s are you not aware that there already are 2x4s on the market? Is there another It's George company operating or are you simply not informed of what's been on the market for quite a while.

Here is the facebook page for anyone wanting to buy direct, lots of 2x4s on offer here

https://www.facebook.com/ItsGeorgeCueCases?fref=ts

"foreign seed" :-)

need Storage Cases
Old
  (#10)
Big-Tattoo
I'm back
Big-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond reputeBig-Tattoo has a reputation beyond repute

Talking need Storage Cases - 05-25-2013, 10:09 PM

where I can Buy 2x4 Cases as I'm NOT in Facebook,please help.
Thanks
Ralf

Name: Ralf- the Man in the Middle with his lovely Thai Girls

Old
  (#11)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-25-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Tattoo View Post
where I can Buy 2x4 Cases as I'm NOT in Facebook,please help.
Thanks
Ralf
Shane Jackson on here sells them. Post in the WFS section and he will find you.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#12)
Jive
Professional Racker
Jive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond reputeJive has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to Jive Send a message via Skype™ to Jive 
05-25-2013, 10:19 PM

Here's the new It's George Case that John had the chance to inspect. Taken with my new Spitz Cue and yes those are 2x4s:

Name:  JohnS-113180143-1.jpg
Views: 3351
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  JohnS-813180143.jpg
Views: 3415
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  JohnS-213180143.jpg
Views: 4001
Size:  55.6 KB

Regards,
Jive Ong

Old
  (#13)
classiccues
Enlightened.....

05-27-2013, 05:52 PM

Unknown. We did a trade and will have those for sale, after that who knows.

Small seam imperfections, and separations. Nothing I would consider bad enough to say the case is a problem. Just being accurate.

I did not have a 2x4 and I don't read every facebook post, or look for everyone I know on facebook.

Its not like he gave me a bunch for doing the review or anything.

JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Not infiltrated by foreign seed? That sounds so biblical. For the readers clarification do you intend to sell these cases?

What are the quality issues you found that you consider to be minor? I also was able to inspect these new It's George cases a week ago but I don't feel the need to review them. I am curious though what the issues are currently with the examples you have.

When you say you are sure that there will be 2x4s are you not aware that there already are 2x4s on the market? Is there another It's George company operating or are you simply not informed of what's been on the market for quite a while.

Here is the facebook page for anyone wanting to buy direct, lots of 2x4s on offer here

https://www.facebook.com/ItsGeorgeCueCases?fref=ts

"foreign seed" :-)

www.classiccues.com

Old
  (#14)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2013, 09:18 PM

From what I have seen they are essentially the George cases we have loved for so long, not more or less.

It's good to see some choices in the tube cases available. Personally, I think this style of case is the "best". In the past JB has expanded on the history of this style of case and I find it quite interesting.

It's a shame to see conversations about this matter degrade to jabs. It nice to see them available again.

I have played around with thermoforming PVC to produce oval case tubes and have to say it's a lot of work to get it right. To set up for a production run of extruded tubes is no small matter, and then there is the matter of producing the finished cases on those tubes. This is obviously a serious effort at producing some fine cases with a heritage that we all regard highly I think.

I'm just glad to see them back.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Its George Y2013K
Old
  (#15)
robertno1pool
AzB Silver Member
robertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond reputerobertno1pool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4637

Its George Y2013K - 05-28-2013, 06:32 PM

Seems like a simple question where are the cases assembled and where do all the parts come from??

Do they out source any parts or do they build everything in-house??

Call cue owners who want some protection anal or focused, but for protection in an area often imitated but possibly not quite the same - seems like some logical answers to publicly clarify.

Is this "Its George" in Shreveport, LA, USA - who set the bar - building cases after the none compete ran its course??

Robert
CUES: DBK w/ Dragon Carved on Mammoth sleeve, Denali dragon skin, DBK 13 butterflies, Phillippi, Chris Nitti, Paul Mottey, Richard Black, Ernie Martinez, Mike Stacey Titlist Buttterfly conversion; Prulhiere 6-point cue

CASES:[I] JW Hager (2); Ritch Remo Green Ostrich leather; Dennis Swift Barbwire carved;
Jim Murnak , full carved vintage

Page 1 of 2 1 2