Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale
Reload this Page itrader and wanted/for sale forum
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
itrader and wanted/for sale forum
Old
  (#1)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

itrader and wanted/for sale forum - 06-10-2011, 06:13 PM

OK gang, looks like we need to figure a few things out here. Having some problems lately with users flaking on deals and then whining about it when they are asked to do the right thing.

Want to remind everyone of a couple of things. Someone posting a negative itrader after a deal is not reason to post a negative itrader back. If you were happy with the deal, give them a positive itrader. If they give you a negative one, then reply with your side of what happened and let future customers decide whether to do business with you on their own after reading the facts.

I am thinking about the idea of putting some users on wanted/for sale probation if they have multiple legitimate complaints about the way they do business. I am open to anyone's thoughts on this sort of thing.

Also interested in other ideas as to how to police this area better. If you have an opinion, this is the place to make it known.

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#2)
Worminator
AzB Silver Member
Worminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

06-12-2011, 12:56 PM

My suggestion is to stop deleting threads and let the users decide for themselves. Policing iTrader will be a slippery slope... but an "eye for an eye" response is certainly something that needs to be addressed.

Jamie

..............."The trusted name in cue deals"
You can also feel free to text me at the number above

Old
  (#3)
ScottR
AzB Silver Member
ScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond reputeScottR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-13-2011, 01:47 PM

What Jamie said. Deleting content diminishes the usefulness of the forum.

I realize that moderating individual posts is much more time-consuming. However, deleting whole threads that have a lot of useful information (including people posting like asses and showing their true nature) is too far in the other direction.

An idea was floated before about a "committee" of respected posters to help police and moderate. This could be very useful in the Wanted/For Sale section. If the right cross-section of posters is selected, we can pretty much remove any real or perceived biases.

One overriding theme that I see is that none of us is going to change another person or their actions. The best we can hope to do is shine a light on the less-than-honorable people for others to see their actions. Fact: in retail, you will never stop people from stealing from you. Your goal is to make it so difficult that they go somewhere else to do it.

Scott

Old
  (#4)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

06-13-2011, 06:38 PM

No committees please!

It's literally impossible to form a virtual committee who will then collectively determine right & wrong between parties and transactions with which they were not involved. Committees can not create morals, integrity or character. All the total flakes on here would still be flakes.

With online transactions the line between right and wrong is, occasionally, tough to determine.

Their only reference point would be the words of the 2 parties involved. I don't want a committee telling me who was right, or who it's OK to do business with, or who might be questionable.

Let us see the arguments - in their entirety - and decide for ourselves. AKA, stop deleting threads. Create a parking lot for them and lock them down, but give us read access.

I agree that if a buyer remits timely payment, his part of the bargain is fulfilled and should receive nothing but Positive Feedback.

-von

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??
Hooyah!

Old
  (#5)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
OK gang, looks like we need to figure a few things out here. Having some problems lately with users flaking on deals and then whining about it when they are asked to do the right thing.

Want to remind everyone of a couple of things. Someone posting a negative itrader after a deal is not reason to post a negative itrader back. If you were happy with the deal, give them a positive itrader. If they give you a negative one, then reply with your side of what happened and let future customers decide whether to do business with you on their own after reading the facts.

I am thinking about the idea of putting some users on wanted/for sale probation if they have multiple legitimate complaints about the way they do business. I am open to anyone's thoughts on this sort of thing.

Also interested in other ideas as to how to police this area better. If you have an opinion, this is the place to make it known.

Mike

Mike I think a Sticky thread should be started in that forum. For those who are repeat abusers who have a reputation for being involved in the bad transactions that have been occurring frequently post a link to the Sticky thread and list the thread along with the members username. This sticky should remained closed so that only yourself or the moderator's can post to it, at least this way the information will be easily available for anyone who wants to find it.

The I-Trader has some holes in it, if you give some one a bad rating even if you are right you will also receive the same back, this affects some people decisions because they are new and have no other reputation. Also some members in the past have had friends add to their I-Trader rating just to build it up with no transaction really being made, so this kinda makes I-Trader not as effective as it was intended to be.

Mike, I think the sticky thread would be a good place to start. With only yourself and the Moderator in charge of the forum adding the information I think people would not be able to string so many members along like they have in the past. Also the information in the sticky would only reflect facts that have been substantiated not what some ones friend or enemy can post to either cover their buddies ass or destroy some ones reputation.

In my opinion this would be a simple and a good start. I think it would alert members more accurately than any other method we are currently using. Whether the names / threads stay there permanently is up to you, if were up to me they would never be removed because people do not change these habits easily.

JIMO

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#6)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Come on everyone Mike is giving us all a chance to add something useful. It serves no purpose to complain about current policies and say nothing when asked for your idea's.

JIMO

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Last edited by manwon; 06-14-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Old
  (#7)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"

06-14-2011, 02:21 PM

Bump this thread up

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#8)
JusticeNJ
Four Points/Steel Joints
JusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1525

06-14-2011, 07:22 PM

My .02

1. Do not delete negative threads - no matter what!

2. All Itrader is subject to moderator approval.

3. Do not ban accused posters with pending deals. This almost ensures the complainant will lose out.

4. Upgrade another moderator for this forum specifically. Make sure they are not going to always side with the dealer or buyer.

"I once shot a .937 and Sigel beat me 11 to 4." - Grady

Old
  (#9)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"

06-14-2011, 09:11 PM

Bump this up for more input

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#10)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

06-14-2011, 10:02 PM

Only OP can post in FS/T thread. There are other forums to promote, schill or crap

Bump at minimum 72 hr intervals

Seller is responsible for delivery unless other arrangements are agreed to in writing

Complaints, with documentation, will be privately forwarded to mod for disposition

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Last edited by ribdoner; 06-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Old
  (#11)
maidenfreak
Maidenfreak2009
maidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

06-15-2011, 02:18 AM

Split Wanted and For Sale into two sections. Wanted section anyone can post, For Sale section you must be a paid member to post a new thread. Will weed out a lot of the scammers and with enough substantiated complaints the membership is pulled and no more posting. Just a suggestion.

Playing Cue: Hall Custom
Break Cue: Joss, Schon
Cue Cases: Flowers; Swift; Justis

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Old
  (#12)
AzHousePro
Administrator

AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

06-15-2011, 02:39 AM

Now this is an interesting idea.

Not sure about the complaints being forwarded to a mod. I know I don't want to get into the business of reviewing photos of shafts to determine if they are warped and who's fault it is.

I also like the sticky thread idea.

Trying to think of a way around people being able to scam itrader, but I don't see one.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenfreak View Post
Split Wanted and For Sale into two sections. Wanted section anyone can post, For Sale section you must be a paid member to post a new thread. Will weed out a lot of the scammers and with enough substantiated complaints the membership is pulled and no more posting. Just a suggestion.

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#13)
maidenfreak
Maidenfreak2009
maidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond reputemaidenfreak has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

06-15-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
I think this is what you should post in the sticky rules and let it ride. Sellers will get the hint to be extremely detailed in their listings and not to make a deal just because someone has money to throw around. Sellers need to conduct themselves as a business and be prepared for all scenarios. Insure your packages, instructions prior to shipping, communication during, and follow up when received. If there is an issue immediately resolve. Seems pretty simple to me.

That could always be included in a agreement to terms and policies when joining..

Playing Cue: Hall Custom
Break Cue: Joss, Schon
Cue Cases: Flowers; Swift; Justis

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Last edited by maidenfreak; 06-15-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Old
  (#14)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"

06-15-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenfreak View Post

I think that is a good idea!!

Respectfully.

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#15)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"

06-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Now this is an interesting idea.

Not sure about the complaints being forwarded to a mod. I know I don't want to get into the business of reviewing photos of shafts to determine if they are warped and who's fault it is.

I also like the sticky thread idea.

Trying to think of a way around people being able to scam itrader, but I don't see one.

Mike
Mike if you are referring to the post I made above, that was not my intent. I think if a problem is reported to a moderator, note should be made of it. If the same person continues to have similar bad transactions, maybe like three strikes your out, they will lose the privilege to use that forum and there name would added to the sticky thread.

Mike since I have been a member there have been a few choice individuals who always seem to have problems meeting their commitments. It can certainly happen to anyone give the right set of circumstances, beyond one or two times there is more going on than a mistake. We have many members who use this section on regular basis and have never had a problem, and this is directly do to their customer service, and nothing more. I am certain they have deals that did not go as planned, but they handle things in a manner without being forced to everyones satisfaction, when you treat things in the manner that this is a business you will either do well or go broke.

Hope I have made myself more clear on what I was thinking.

Respectfully

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Tags
c4+ vs p3 butts