Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > US Open Championships
Reload this Page 2010 US Open Racking the Balls

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
2010 US Open Racking the Balls
Old
  (#1)
SCCues
< Searing Twins
SCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond reputeSCCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

2010 US Open Racking the Balls - 10-28-2010, 12:41 PM

The final day of the 2010 US Open was not as enjoyable as the previous days due to using a neutral racker and letting the players challenge each rack.

The time spent trying to get the rack right was brutal for the players and the spectators. I think the players should have racked for themselves like they did for the whole tournament until the last few matches. I don't know whose idea it was to use a neutral racker the last day, but if they were using a neutral racker the players shouldn't have been allowed to come up and challenge every rack which caused the racker to have to start over and over trying to get an acceptable rack for the players. I was present watching and of all the US Opens i've been to this was the first time i've seen so much time wasted racking the balls.

The neutral racker would rack the balls and let the player inspect every possible crack and the re-racking began over and over. It was so bad that Accu-stats started stopping the video between games and waiting for the balls to be acceptably racked before they turned the video cameras back on. I hope that they come up with something different next year because taking that much time to rack the balls takes a lot away from the play and enjoying the matches.......

James

Playing cue:-Mottey-
Cues:--Paul Mottey and Kenny Murrell--
Favorite Pool Games:--9 Ball & One Pocket--

Old
  (#2)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1140

10-28-2010, 01:31 PM

The players agreed to this for Saturday's matches.

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Just remember all posts are, of course... In My Humble Opinion
Age= Been Playing since I was 17... 53 years ago
Cue = Pete Ohmen (Melbourne, FL) www.omencues.com
Hours of Play per week = 8+