Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Melissa Morris
Reload this Page You're a pro?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-21-2018, 06:09 PM

When someone askes me to play some pool I dont consider that a deception no matter how good or bad they then play.
If i am greatly out skilled and have no chance of beating them I generally know it the first game. No Harm, No Foul.[/QUOTE]

I’ve played several people 1P that quit me after one game saying they have no chance. I’m far from a great player but every once in a great while I can run 8 or 9 balls. I also screw up the simplest of shots. I’m pretty sure your not the one I ran 8 balls on my first game

Quitting after a game or two is lame. Sorry

Last edited by jtompilot; 07-21-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Old
  (#17)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleeCue View Post
The very good player was not as good as he thought he was.
He destroyed himself with his greed.
I seen it here locally sometimes ... people that just know they can beat you and always try the double or nothing trick. Sometimes it backfires and they pay double.
I dont need but one or two games to know when I am out skilled on a pool table and there is no shame in quitting with some money still in your pocket.
The local player was rated around 730 on Fargo so there aren't many unknown players who are capable of beating him. When the unknown showed his top gear, it was pretty clear at that point who the better player was.

Years later everyone knows who the unknown player at that time is. Beauty of the internet.

Old
  (#18)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

07-27-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
The local player was rated around 730 on Fargo so there aren't many unknown players who are capable of beating him. When the unknown showed his top gear, it was pretty clear at that point who the better player was.

Years later everyone knows who the unknown player at that time is. Beauty of the internet.
My goal is to become the best in my area. I think a 700 Fargo will do it, since the best player right now is around a 650. A local player with a 730 was probably pretty comfortable that he wasn't going to get beat very easily. That would have been fun to watch the unknown beating him.

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

Old
  (#19)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

07-27-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_A_Grip View Post
My goal is to become the best in my area. I think a 700 Fargo will do it, since the best player right now is around a 650. A local player with a 730 was probably pretty comfortable that he wasn't going to get beat very easily. That would have been fun to watch the unknown beating him.
We might have seven guys who are 690+ in the same room. Most players know who they are anyway when they come to town. Both players thought they could beat anyone unknown to them. The road player happened to be the one who was right. His real advantage came in winning the safety battles and getting the first open shot. 730 is capable of running any rack where he gets the first shot.

I am sure I will never play that speed consistently. Sometimes I do but most of the time I do dumb stuff. Consistency is the key.

I hope you achieve your goal. That would be awesome.

Page 2 of 2 12