Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page John Schmidt's 626
Page 49 of 51 « First 39474849 5051

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#721)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-27-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I think for the pros leaving AZ, a few factors came into play:

1) Many were trying to sell something, and that was all they were doing. No regular chatting with the forum except hit and run sell posts. When they didn't get a favorable response, they left. Others were trying to sell aiming systems. Well I don't need to say any more about that.

2) 15 years ago there were several on here. As FB launched and grew bigger, most moved to that platform. I think it helps build their "pro brand" much better than AZB. That is due to technology reasons in the way the platforms work. So a pro today trying to build the best visibility to increase their brand should go to FB and Youtube, IMO. Also on FB or youtube if things get out of hand, you can just delete the whole post. Here you can't.

3) I do think the pool knowledge on this forum is far and above higher than what is on youtube comments and FB posts. I think the pros want everyone to agree with them. That's what the fans do on FB and youtube, the fans look up to them and build their egos. Here, the pros were treated as one of the regular members, without special egos. And if a pro was ever disagreed with, he ran away. On youtube no one disagrees with them.

This has been my recollection over the past 15 years on here.

I would agree with most of this.

But some guys will alway kvetch about pros being chased off AZ when nothing could be further from the truth.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#722)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-27-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
I would agree with most of this.

But some guys will alway kvetch about pros being chased off AZ when nothing could be further from the truth.

Lou Figueroa
To be fair, there are people on this (and most forums) that live to stir the $hit. Trolls. And some pro's tired easily of that foolishness. (Just like many non-pro's) Most people who stay on a forum any amount of time understand that's part of the deal. Many of the pro's had little-to-no computer/internet experience, so dealing with that wasn't anything they signed up for, so's to speak.

Some posted in a way that encouraged it. Fair game, at that point.

In the Facebook environment, they can control the trolling. For better or worse.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Last edited by justadub; 10-27-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Old
  (#723)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

10-27-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldpro View Post
All these circus looking animals go perfectly with the circus table Schmidt used to run balls on.
Your attitude is why professional pool will never have any sponsors. You should be embarrassed of yourself.

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#724)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

10-27-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I’ll take that bet. How much you wanna bet? 5k? 10k? 50k?

Let me get this right. You're saying that the table JS used to set the record was a gaff table set up to be super easy, and you also think that the specs are closer to a tough playing Diamond table than the one Mosconi played on? Yeah right. Now you're just outright contradicting yourself.

_______

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

Old
  (#725)
haystj
Timothy J Hays
haystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_A_Grip View Post
Let me get this right. You're saying that the table JS used to set the record was a gaff table set up to be super easy, and you also think that the specs are closer to a tough playing Diamond table than the one Mosconi played on? Yeah right. Now you're just outright contradicting yourself.

_______
I noticed that too.

Outrage can be cause myopia .

Old
  (#726)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:

_______
Comparison with how easy the tables played is largely unimportant to me. I just want to see the video showing someone breaking that many racks and still ending up with a makable shot!
I mean, when the CB rolls behind & freezes to a ball near the rail, what the hell CAN you do? If you end up trapped against a cushion and thus can’t even kick at anything near a pocket (unless you are lucky enough that the angle of the ball you are frozen to allows being thrown or banked), you are SCREWED. When you hit the pack hard enough to spread the balls, you really can’t avoid that kind of leave. Absolute control of whitey on the break shot means you are constantly picking off strays and only breaking out a few at a time, which CAN be frustrating. Hit the pack hard finally, and an OB is bound to eventually roll on top of the CB.
J.S. has to be the luckiest man alive.

Old
  (#727)
wrldpro
H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
wrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:

_______
That’s not what I meant. The table John played on and every table he has ever set out to run high runs on has been far from non standard. Every table has been altered. How about just set up a new factory specs table and a brand new set of balls and start running balls without any changes like shaved slate at the pockets,760 Simonis, heaters under the slate, vacuuming and cleaning the felt constantly after a run has started and polishing the balls once a run has started. The soft pocket facings, short cut cushions to make the pockets bigger are non standard also.
If any of you don’t think the table specs make a difference than why has John been playing on Diamonds for 20+ years and never broke 300 not once. But he has 8 million runs over 300 in circus tables. Also all the 14.1 challenges at Derby City and the SBE many great players struggle to put up large high runs..
Now try to stay on track now with what I wrote hear.

"Justis Cases the Choice of Champions Cuemakers & Collectors"

Efren Allison EddieTaylor StevieMoore, VanBoening Orcullo LeeVan Corteza Bustamante Alcano Jeanette Lee GaYoungkim Souquet Hopkins Archer,Buddy

Szamboti,Searing,Scruggs,Tonkin

Will Prout,TheGlenns,Kerner,Tikkler

And many more that trust to protect their cues traveling the world to make a living & protect all their high end constructed cues & investments.
.www.americanmadematters.com/index.php[/url]

Old
  (#728)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-27-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
That’s not what I meant. The table John played on and every table he has ever set out to run high runs on has been far from non standard. Every table has been altered. How about just set up a new factory specs table and a brand new set of balls and start running balls without any changes like shaved slate at the pockets,760 Simonis, heaters under the slate, vacuuming and cleaning the felt constantly after a run has started and polishing the balls once a run has started. The soft pocket facings, short cut cushions to make the pockets bigger are non standard also.
If any of you don’t think the table specs make a difference than why has John been playing on Diamonds for 20+ years and never broke 300 not once. But he has 8 million runs over 300 in circus tables. Also all the 14.1 challenges at Derby City and the SBE many great players struggle to put up large high runs..
Now try to stay on track now with what I wrote hear.
Since there is a large contingent here who insists on educated pool people to verify that JS actually did this feat, and apparently Bob Jewett isn't considered to be "expert" enough...could we also expect that some equivalent sort of expert testimony be presented verifying these "circus tables"? Beyond your say-so, I mean...

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#729)
haystj
Timothy J Hays
haystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond reputehaystj has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadub View Post
Since there is a large contingent here who insists on educated pool people to verify that JS actually did this feat, and apparently Bob Jewett isn't considered to be "expert" enough...could we also expect that some equivalent sort of expert testimony be presented verifying these "circus tables"? Beyond your say-so, I mean...
As long as the onion is getting peeled, let's go all the way.

I'd be interested in this information as well.

There is an old Army saying: If the enemy is in range, so are you.

Old
  (#730)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-27-2020, 02:37 PM

This thread:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

...explains a lot of this thread.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

A more tangled web, has never been woven....
Old
  (#731)
xradarx
I'm fixin'ta...
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

A more tangled web, has never been woven.... - 10-27-2020, 02:52 PM

Several posters here have been identified along with Mark Griffin, CSI and the 14.1 Hi-Run Challenge at BCAPL - 05-13-2011, 2012 and 2013 as offering $5K-$10K, along with CSI offering $10K for anyone who could equal or exceed the Mosconi hi-run of 526 balls in an exhibition, during their own hi-run contests. Many of them didn't seem to care how, when, nor where it happened, just beat, equal or exceed the 526 number of balls. Some did, however place some restrictions to get the monetary award.

The 526 number wasn't exceeded in the immediately following years, so the offers were eventually withdrawn for lack of opportunity.

Many of them, however closely associated with the eventual player who claims to have bested the 526, still seem to have some skin in the claim.

Therefore, doubters have no faith in them/their supporting the accomplishment.

There can only be one!

The claimant must provide unedited proof of the claim. Everyday just increases the doubts.

There, now, more than the peel will need to be taken off that ONION!

Last edited by xradarx; 10-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Old
  (#732)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-27-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
Several posters here have been identified along with Mark Griffin, CSI and the 14.1 BACPL Challenge, 2011, 2012 and 2013 as offering $5K-$10K, along with CSI offering $10K for anyone who could equal or exceed the Mosconi hi-run of 526 balls in an exhibition, during their own hi-run contests. Many of them didn't seem to care how, when, nor where it happened, just beat, equal or exceed the 526 number of balls. Some did, however place some restrictions to get the monetary award.

The 526 number wasn't exceeded in the immediately following years, so the offers were eventually withdrawn for lack of opportunity.

Many of them, however closely associated with the eventual player who claims to have bested the 526, still seem to have some skin in the claim.

There can only be one!

The claimant must provide unedited proof of the claim. Everyday just increases the doubts.

If suddenly you, your alter ego and Bobby were both/all three convinced via video it happened, it would merely shift your obcession back to pocket size or energy drinks. JS owes you no proof, he isn't claiming to have won the Danny Harriman Invitational, he's claiming a BCA record.

Last edited by logical; 10-27-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Old
  (#733)
haystj
Timothy J Hays

10-27-2020, 03:44 PM

Couple of points, I'll start here:

Quote:
News flash.....(NOBODYhereGIVESaSHIT!)
AZBILLIARDS.COM:
400+ negative posts about one dude, JS, paints a pretty clear picture who gives a SH!T.

Any guesses on who that is????????

And now:

Quote:
Several posters here have been identified along with Mark Griffin, CSI and the 14.1 Hi-Run Challenge at BCAPL - 05-13-2011, 2012 and 2013 as offering $5K-$10K, along with CSI offering $10K for anyone who could equal or exceed the Mosconi hi-run of 526 balls in an exhibition, during their own hi-run contests. Many of them didn't seem to care how, when, nor where it happened, just beat, equal or exceed the 526 number of balls. Some did, however place some restrictions to get the monetary award.

There can only be one!

I love that my good buddy, xHAIRYx, who masquerades around here as a run of the mill septuagenarian makes references to movies no other seasoned citizen understands......Highlander,,,,,,, hmmmm...how could this be?

There is no Quickening this time Kurgan (xHAIRYx),,, Connor MacLeod (JS) has already run the big number of 626.

I can't wait for your response,,, I just hope I can quote it and reply before you go back and edit it.

Old
  (#734)
xradarx
I'm fixin'ta...
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
If suddenly you, your alter ego and Bobby were both/all three convinced via video it happened, it would merely shift your obcession back to pocket size or energy drinks. JS owes you no proof, he isn't claiming to have won the Danny Harriman Invitational, he's claiming a BCA record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystj View Post
Couple of points, I'll start here:

400+ negative posts about one dude, JS, paints a pretty clear picture who gives a SH!T.

Any guesses on who that is????????

And now:

I love that my good buddy, xHAIRYx, who masquerades around here as a run of the mill septuagenarian makes references to movies no other seasoned citizen understands......Highlander,,,,,,, hmmmm...how could this be?

There is no Quickening this time Kurgan (xHAIRYx),,, Connor MacLeod (JS) has already run the big number of 626.

I can't wait for your response,,, I just hope I can quote it and reply before you go back and edit it.
More senile accusations from the js626 drunken crewmembers. Both of you take two hands and reach around your necks and press upwards, with much effort. If successful, maybe you can get your heads out of your arses. quote that, sh*theads.

For what it's worth
Old
  (#735)
CLAUD
AzB Silver Member
CLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond reputeCLAUD has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth - 10-27-2020, 04:01 PM

I haven't read every post, but have read many. I only played 14:1 continuous a handful of times in the early seventies, but believed then as I do now, that the game is an unrivaled test of skill. IMHO to hold the record at 14:1 is the pinnacle achievement in pocket billiards (snooker not withstanding). My only interest is knowing definitely that the person holding that record earned it legitimately. A well respected person has attested to that.

That being said, I'm curious why so much time has passed without the video being made available. Is there something wrong with the video? Is it being withheld out of disappointment because it appears it will not produce a huge payday? Why did he not "strike while the iron is hot?"

It has been said that John Schmidt owes us nothing. I respectfully disagree. To hold yourself out to have achieved such an astounding feat and feel no obligation to share that with the pool community you have been a part of for so many years seems quite selfish. Not saying he should not be paid, but the market will determine the video's financial worth. Decide what path will yield the most and get on with it.

"Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than the other guy is a good strategy." Jimmy Spithill

Page 49 of 51 « First 39474849 5051