Reload this Page John Schmidt's 626
Page 44 of 51 « First 34424344 4546 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Still confused???
Old
  (#646)
xradarx
I'm fixin'ta...
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Still confused??? - 10-22-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystj View Post
Feel free to ignore me- I’ll continue to poke fun at your half baked angry rants regardless of your choice.

I certainly believe you’re better at billiards than covering your tracks on AZ.

I get it, xHairyx, but you’ve over played your hand.

I’ll still buy you the suds you declined and even play cheap sets for the experience/lesson.

You’ve got stamina, no question about that Sir.
Wrong, again
Goa hed and hav ur joke. Confusion runs rampant here. Personally, I've seen smarter pet rocks.

Old
  (#647)
justadub
Rattling corners nightly
justadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond reputejustadub has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-23-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldpro View Post
Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.
Highest run on a Diamond table. Well your wrong there sir. Highest run on a Diamond table that has pro cut pockets just under 4.5 inches is 311 not 294. Some guy named Bobby Chamberlain ran 311.
So you know there are a lot of players that just stop after they run 150 or 200. If everybody that has gotten to these numbers and continued there runs there would be at least 20 players with many runs over 400 and maybe a few over 800.
Cranfield ran over 700 twice. Cranfield couldn’t produce an unedited video just as John Schmidt can’t either. The difference is they didn’t have video cameras back then where Schmidt claims to have a unedited video and can’t produce it for proof to the pool world.
The post was made in response to Predator and their stance on "the run". Not making any other point, or choosing to engage y'all on points that have been flogged incessantly.

Player: McDermott G203
Break: J & J 2729

"Let's all pile into the sandbagging wahmbulance and talk about it forever and hold each other until the tears dry!" CreeDo

"Just remember to put the troll back under the bridge when you're done playing with him, Dub!" BrokeStroke

Old
  (#648)
TWOFORPOOL
AzB Silver Member
TWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond reputeTWOFORPOOL has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-23-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Highest run captured on video? We’ll release the video so all of us can see it.
Was it on a standard table or special circumstances like say 760 Simonis constant cleaning of the felt, polishing of the halls, heaters under the table, extra wide pockets, shaved slate at the entry of the pockets there is more but I’m sure everyone can get the idea.

Is there any evidence to "shaved slate at the entry of the pockets"? Has anybody inspected the table to verify this? If this were true then this altered table and the run should be disqualified. Somebody should inspect the table to confirm if its true or not.

Playing Cue: Jim Pierce with Danielson SS360/2 Shaft
Break Cue: Sowder
Jump Cue: Sowder
Case: Rusty JB Case
Playing Time: 5 Hours Week

Originally posted by Richardson:

Magic rack + 9 ball + pattern racking is not a game, its a drill.

Old
  (#649)
wrldpro
H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
wrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOFORPOOL View Post
Is there any evidence to "shaved slate at the entry of the pockets"? Has anybody inspected the table to verify this? If this were true then this altered table and the run should be disqualified. Somebody should inspect the table to confirm if its true or not.
The pool hall would not let anyone inspect the circus table and it has since been removed.

"Justis Cases the Choice of Champions Cuemakers & Collectors"

Efren Allison EddieTaylor StevieMoore, VanBoening Orcullo LeeVan Corteza Bustamante Alcano Jeanette Lee GaYoungkim Souquet Hopkins Archer,Buddy

Szamboti,Searing,Scruggs,Tonkin

Will Prout,TheGlenns,Kerner,Tikkler

And many more that trust to protect their cues traveling the world to make a living & protect all their high end constructed cues & investments.
.www.americanmadematters.com/index.php[/url]

Old
  (#650)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
The pool hall would not let anyone inspect the circus table and it has since been removed.
Now that's really interesting if true. WHY would they want to move an historic table like that? Better to sell it to the highest bidder, after John signs it saying this is the table I ran 626 balls on.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#651)
wrldpro
H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
wrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond reputewrldpro has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Now that's really interesting if true. WHY would they want to move an historic table like that? Better to sell it to the highest bidder, after John signs it saying this is the table I ran 626 balls on.
They took the 760 Simonis off the table and cut it into a million small pieces and John autographed all the pieces and sold them.

Efren Allison EddieTaylor StevieMoore, VanBoening Orcullo LeeVan Corteza Bustamante Alcano Jeanette Lee GaYoungkim Souquet Hopkins Archer,Buddy

And many more that trust to protect their cues traveling the world to make a living & protect all their high end constructed cues & investments.

Old
  (#652)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-23-2020, 09:10 AM

Bob jewett has stated more than once that he had the opportunity to inspect the table and didn't note any irregularities with it.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#653)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

10-23-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
They took the 760 Simonis off the table and cut it into a million small pieces and John autographed all the pieces and sold them.
Do you have pictures of all 1 million pieces, or are you just making things up like the shaved table argument?

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#654)
wrldpro
H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.

10-23-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Bob jewett has stated more than once that he had the opportunity to inspect the table and didn't note any irregularities with it.
Who is Bob Jewett? I think he is a nice guy but is very partial to Schmidt. Why wasn’t it offered for the table To be inspected by neutral people and pool table mechanics as you know it is some type of so called record. The poolroom guarded that table like Fort Knox from being inspected.
Bottom line is table was altered no unedited video tape no inspection of the circus table and so on. Has anyone ever thought that Schmidt had been playing 10x more straight pool than anyone else in the world in the last 20 years and all his high runs have been on circus and easy tables..
If anybody doesn’t think the table conditions matter than how come he has 59,000 runs over 300 and not a single run on a Diamond over 300 not a single run. Wake up people. John creates the ultimate angles and conditions above and beyond so he can keep his ego so high and be able to continually wag his tail.

Old
  (#655)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Who is Bob Jewett? I think he is a nice guy but is very partial to Schmidt. Why wasn’t it offered for the table To be inspected by neutral people and pool table mechanics as you know it is some type of so called record. The poolroom guarded that table like Fort Knox from being inspected.
Bottom line is table was altered no unedited video tape no inspection of the circus table and so on. Has anyone ever thought that Schmidt had been playing 10x more straight pool than anyone else in the world in the last 20 years and all his high runs have been on circus and easy tables..
If anybody doesn’t think the table conditions matter than how come he has 59,000 runs over 300 and not a single run on a Diamond over 300 not a single run. Wake up people. John creates the ultimate angles and conditions above and beyond so he can keep his ego so high and be able to continually wag his tail.
So you are saying Bob is in on the conspiracy, he’s a liar? I think you have much more “skin” in the game trying to debunk the record than Bob does when he just states his observations. I seen no agenda for Bob, but yours comes through loud and clear. You are just throwing random allegations against the wall and seeing what sticks.

Pathetic to say that about Bob.

Last edited by Maxx; 10-23-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Sp

Old
  (#656)
Biloxi Boy
Man With A Golden Arm
Biloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBiloxi Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Question 10-23-2020, 09:50 AM

Bob Jewett is Bob Jewett, and I would say that, if you were looking for a person who had both the utmost integrity and the ability to accurately record and report any observations made or inquiries in which he engaged, then Bob should be your man. He would certainly be mine.

On another note, what did Mosconi do to "monetize" his record? How much did he realize as a result?

Here is/are missing scenario(s) which have been bedeviling me since I first began considering this conundrum:

Poolhall Owner: "Hey, JS how about you come on down to my place and break Mosconi's record? And, oh btw, we know that you are going to need good video of your record breaking run to send to BCA, and to make money with, so,

a) We will just use the state of the art video system already installed at
THE TABLE at my place (It was on THE TABLE, right?); or

b) I do not have a state of the art video system already installed so we will get
one installed; or

c) What's say we go ahead and contact Accustat (or _____________) now, and
see what kind of deal you can make with them and let them sweat the
details."

It occurs to me that any of the above are so perfectly logical that one would expect one of them to have occurred. Right? This make any sense at all?

"It's all in the wrist, with a deck or a cue"
Epitaph of Frankie Machine

"Yet once you've come to be part of this particular patch, you'll never love another.
Like loving a woman with a broken nose, you may well find lovelier lovelies.
But never a lovely so real."
Nelson Algren, Chicago: City on the Make

Old
  (#657)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 10:29 AM

I was in on the whole thing and Bob was not at any of our secret meetings so I can verify he wasn't in on it.

Old
  (#658)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

10-23-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Regardless of the record and John breaking it, John's not going to go down as the next Mosconi... I do not see the Schmidt Cup ever happening.

If that table sells for 5 dollars more then it's current value, I'd be shocked.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#659)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I was in on the whole thing and Bob was not at any of our secret meetings so I can verify he wasn't in on it.
In the interest of full disclosure, I in fact have complete transcripts of all your secret meetings. That smoke detector in the Monterey Holiday Inn where you had your meetings was not a smoke detector.

The site of their nefarious conspiracy:

Name:  CropperCapture[156].jpg
Views: 97
Size:  78.6 KB

It's fun to make things up.

Bob <-- been known to bug people

Old
  (#660)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
In the interest of full disclosure, I in fact have complete transcripts of all your secret meetings. That smoke detector in the Monterey Holiday Inn where you had your meetings was not a smoke detector....

Bob <-- been known to bug people
I can't believe you fell for our fake decoy meetings. The real ones were in Beijing.

Page 44 of 51 « First 34424344 4546 Last »