Reload this Page John Schmidt's 626
Page 41 of 51 « First 31394041 4243 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
nope
Old
  (#601)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

nope - 10-21-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_A_Grip View Post
In these type of situations, I think that it's always best to put yourself in the other person's shoes. If I was John Schmidt and I provided the unedited video to the BCA and the BCA certified the run as legit based on that video, why would I care if their are other players with a bone to pick that are demanding that they see the unedited video too?

Frankly, I don't think that I would care. That video would be my intellectual property and as long as a type of governing body in pool analyzed the video and agreed that the run was legit, that is as much as I would probably do.

Sure, many people would love to view the entire run for free. So they throw mud at John and try to pressure him to release the unedited video and accuse the BCA and him of a grand conspiracy until he does so. While that is obviously the track that some of you have took, I think that I will ignore the conspiracy theory in this case, because John has done about all that I would have personally done in this situation.

EDIT: And I already know...people are going to claim that they don't want to see the unedited video for FREE, what they really want to do is to CERTIFY that the run is legit themselves. Really? So unless every Tom, Dick, and Harry pool player also certifies that the run was legit, then it's not legit? I don't think so...
Another facebook puppet/rodent of fake news - many members have already offered good $ for their own signed copy - and received no answer - so his and bca's monetary return has been weak at best - if u would have followed the same business model that j.s. and bca have - u have about as good uh' chance of being a successful marketing strategist - as a proverbial snow ball flying through the lower regions of hell. Just cause we are asking for proof of the claim - does NOT mean - we are conspiracy theorist's (but that does seem to be a common theme from u facebook puppets). So you'll have to do better than that puppet - my grip is probly much stronger than that of yer's capiche? Also Mosconi's record is not bca/j's. intellectual property - nor is it for sale or rent - unless they provide unedited tape of proof - u know it and so do i. When u said as long as a type of governing body (bca's 2 people who are not 14.1 players) I thought u were going to say a type of special interest group i.e.bca. U are a sad puppet who helps to spread and or promote fabricated lies - u did not get too far.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-21-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Old
  (#602)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadub View Post
The fact that you know who Trey Parker and Matt Stone are gives me some sense of hope...

ah, ya.

But probably not from the context you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElxCZ4ff2_o

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#603)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

10-21-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
Another facebook puppet/rodent of fake news - many members have already offered good $ for their own signed copy - and received no answer - so his and bca's monetary return has been weak at best - if u would have followed the same business model that j.s. and bca have - u have about as good uh' chance of being a successful marketing strategist - as a proverbial snow ball flying through the lower regions of hell. Just cause we are asking for proof of the claim - does NOT mean - we are conspiracy theorist's (but that does seem to be a common theme from u facebook puppets). So you'll have to do better than that puppet - my grip is probly much stronger than that of yer's capiche? Also Mosconi's record is not bca/j's. intellectual property - nor is it for sale or rent.
Then I guess that it just personally burns you that JS owns the rights to the video and he won't let you see it. Well, it's his video and he can do with it what he wants. He obviously never found a way to make a lot of money from the record run, outside of the extra money that he got from Predator based on his contract with them.

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

Old
  (#604)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
In these type of situations, I think that it's always best to put yourself in the other person's shoes. If I was John Schmidt and I provided the unedited video to the BCA and the BCA certified the run as legit based on that video, why would I care if their are other players with a bone to pick that are demanding that they see the unedited video too?

Frankly, I don't think that I would care. That video would be my intellectual property and as long as a type of governing body in pool analyzed the video and agreed that the run was legit, that is as much as I would probably do.

Sure, many people would love to view the entire run for free. So they throw mud at John and try to pressure him to release the unedited video and accuse the BCA and him of a grand conspiracy until he does so. While that is obviously the track that some of you have took, I think that I will ignore the conspiracy theory in this case, because John has done about all that I would have personally done in this situation.

EDIT: And I already know...people are going to claim that they don't want to see the unedited video for FREE, what they really want to do is to CERTIFY that the run is legit themselves. Really? So unless every Tom, Dick, and Harry pool player also certifies that the run was legit, then it's not legit? I don't think so...

No, that's not really the central claim.

Part of the problem, amongst several issues, is people talking about the BCA as if were actually a big, well run organization that would automatically fulfill whatever requests for "certification" it received with some sense of proper due diligence. But in past conversations on this subject it came to light that the "BCA certification" was accomplished by two guys at that office who have dubious 14.1 credentials. So it's reasonable to question the blessing handed down by our sport's great governing body.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#605)
Ghosst
Broom Handle Mafia
Ghosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond reputeGhosst has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 825

10-21-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
For u keep repeating that 626 - is the # to surpass - this makes u a fraudulent phoney of epic proportion suds of haste...
Did someone beat John's World Record we don't know about?

Run racks, not your mouth.

Old
  (#606)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
No, that's not really the central claim.

Part of the problem, amongst several issues, is people talking about the BCA as if were actually a big, well run organization that would automatically fulfill whatever requests for "certification" it received with some sense of proper due diligence. But in past conversations on this subject it came to light that the "BCA certification" was accomplished by two guys at that office who have dubious 14.1 credentials. So it's reasonable to question the blessing handed down by our sport's great governing body.

Lou Figueroa
Quote:
So it's reasonable to question the blessing handed down by our sport's great governing body.
I really don't know if this is a reasonable assertion or not. I don't know who specifically reviewed the video and their qualifications. Did someone from Predator review the video to confirm the run on their own? Or did they use the BCA certification? I heard that JS would receive extra money from Predator for breaking the record, so I assume that they did some kind of due diligence themselves. If JS got paid extra money by Predator, that is typically a case where the run would need to judged as rock solid by them before they would pay a big hunk of change to JS.

"The truth will set you free, after you've been beaten over the head with it until you accept it."

ownership rights
Old
  (#607)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

ownership rights - 10-21-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Then I guess that it just personally burns you that JS owns the rights to the video and he won't let you see it. Well, it's his video and he can do with it what he wants. He obviously never found a way to make a lot of money from the record run, outside of the extra money that he got from Predator based on his contract with them.
While he may own the rights to his fictional now defunct claim of 626 - neither he or bca has any form of propriety in regards to Mosconi's 526. Mosconi has much more than a chopped video in relation to verifiable evidence. Any more questions from the peanut puppet gallery?

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter. Willie Mosconi's 526 stands.

question mode
Old
  (#608)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

question mode - 10-21-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I really don't know if this is a reasonable assertion or not. I don't know who specifically reviewed the video and their qualifications. Did someone from Predator review the video to confirm the run on their own? Or did they use the BCA certification? I heard that JS would receive extra money from Predator for breaking the record, so I assume that they did some kind of due diligence themselves. If JS got paid extra money by Predator, that is typically a case where the run would need to judged as rock solid by them before they would pay a big hunk of change to JS.
Now u duck into question mode - another familiar facebook puppet pattern.

Old
  (#609)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free

10-21-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
While he may own the rights to his fictional now defunct claim of 626 - neither he or bca has any form of propriety in regards to Mosconi's 526. Mosconi has much more than a chopped video in relation to verifiable evidence. Any more questions from the peanut puppet gallery?
Because YOU personally call the 626 a defunct claim does not make it so. We have the BCA and Predator that believes that the run is legit. Do you really think that Predator would pay out on a contract obligation if the run was defunct? I don't think so.

oh my goodness
Old
  (#610)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

oh my goodness - 10-21-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
Mighta known somebody was gonna cook the books!

I have already contacted Guinness. It goes through me like berries through a goose!

Hu
It sticks to my ribs.

incorrect
Old
  (#611)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

incorrect - 10-21-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Because YOU personally call the 626 a defunct claim does not make it so. We have the BCA and Predator that believes that the run is legit. Do you really think that Predator would pay out on a contract obligation if the run was defunct? I don't think so.
After almost two years of them trying to sell the idea that there is an unedited video - and still no video available - does lean towards the healthy conclusion -that their chopped video is either defunct and or fictional media marketing propaganda. So I seeno magic in yer 8 ball.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-21-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Old
  (#612)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
After almost two years of them trying to sell the idea that there is an unedited video - and still no video available - does lean towards the healthy conclusion -that their chopped video is either defunct and or fictional media marketing propaganda. So I seeno magic in yer 8 ball.
One thing is very clear - you want it to be untrue.

Gee, I wonder why...

pj
chgo

Old
  (#613)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2020, 02:52 PM

One thing I am sure of... I have not seen a thread this much fun since Russian Kenny came to visit.

Cuebuddy>>>YEEHA

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#614)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

10-21-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:

I believe it is very reasonable.

If you're not totally Covid or otherwise bored shitless here’s a thread to read:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showt...19#post6564419

For those not so bored, below is a specific post that is pertinent.

If true, these two guys are, basically, the BCA PR guy and a guy who is interested in race tracks. Now, IMO, if you are the governing body of pool, you do not allow these two guys to “certify” jack diddly-do-da when it comes to anyone's 14.1 run. You say to yourself, “Self, this is about Willie Mosconi’s 14.1 run. Maybe we should get a couple of our 14.1 HOF guys, like Nick Varner and Mike Sigel, how about Ray Martin and Dallas West, to watch this puppy and make sure it's kosher.

But that’s just my opinion. Regardless, it’s why some of this is in reasonable dispute.

Lou Figueroa
Attached Images

Last edited by lfigueroa; 10-21-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Old
  (#615)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

10-21-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:

At the BCA: the PR guy and a race track guy.

And in recent years the BCA has been more about selling hot tubs than anything pool. I have not heard about Predator paying out anything. Do you have knowledge to share?

Lou Figueroa
always interested
in learning new stuff

Page 41 of 51 « First 31394041 4243 Last »