Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Started Playing Pool
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

10-03-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Within this shot alone, lies ones true answer on how to improve.

I missed a shot in Georgia, that I thought about for two weeks, within that shot was the key.
I remember exactly what I was doing, and only because of that was I able to improve.

Some people spend time complaining, others spend time remembering and adjusting to life and it's conditions.

Soon after that ''miss'' I won my first pro event.

It was the Key that opened the door.

Remember this....

''The balls never lie''.

Awesome!

What event was this? I love hearing the OG's that have been there and done that's stories on here.

Old
  (#32)
hurricane145
AzB Silver Member
hurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-03-2020, 10:53 AM

It takes over all of your free time.
Anything you want to get particularly good at will.
Even when you're on a team, you're still on your own.
Yup, it's not like some other team sports.
It's a very alpha-oriented sport
Sometimes it's an a** oriented sport too!
It can be extremely expensive.
It doesn't have to be but people shouldn't buy $2,000 cues when they can't make three balls in a row!
You are always going to need a bigger room if you want to play at home.
I have been to some excellent players homes who had a good table (one was a Gold Crown) pushed up to the wall on one side just so they could have one at home at all.
Pets & Pool are usually a bad idea.
Training your pet to stay off the table would help. Some shed some don't.
Everyone thinks they should teach you.
Many just want to help. There is a LOT to learn!! You can pick up bits and pieces or ideas from almost anyone.
The better you get, the more your non-playing friends will look down on you for it.
Your job is to separate the wheat from the chaff. The players from the contributors. They should be learning stuff from you.
You will never be able to pay the bills with it.
Seems from what I have observed over a great many years is that a lot (not hardly all) of money players are just passing the money around over and over.
You will stay awake nights thinking about a single shot you missed instead of enjoying the other 99 you made.
It's the ones you miss that will kill you in a game. I have two shots in particular that have haunted me since about 1985! It keeps them from ever happening again!!

Old
  (#33)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-03-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
It won't get you laid.

pj <- voice of experience
chgo
Yes it will

Page 3 of 3 123