Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Plz e-sign a petition to re-open pool halls
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-01-2020, 07:00 PM

Golden Tee......have the owner go to Costco and get a giant screen hdtv.
Last month Costco was selling 82” Samsung sets for $1284 & 70” sets for $700.
Slap one of those on the Golden Tee Console & golf away with realistic settings.
Or put in a golf simulator and charge.....move a couple of pool tables.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#17)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

10-01-2020, 07:28 PM

Politicians tend to notice political donations, more then signatures on a patition. Your petition idea is not a bad idea.

But honeslty an envelope with $100.00 bills stuff in it would get your cause more attention from people in power who could open pool rooms.

This is the reason big Pharma, Google, GM, Ford, and other make donations 100's of Million of dollars annually to politicians, for their attention, and votes.

We have the best people in public office money can buy, LOL.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#18)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-01-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
Here in CA, the vast majority of pool rooms operate under a state liquor license.
That places them in the category of a bar even if they have a restaurant within.

Bars & large assemblies have proven to be, based upon analysis of new cases, a
excellent environment for spreading the virus. It’s been confirmed from what has
occurred in college towns all over America with bars reopening, frat parties and
other social gatherings. It’s been borne out by the resurgence in cities across the
U.S. that have lessened their restrictions to only witness a resurgence in new cases.

So in CA, our governor has strict guidelines regulating the three different phases for
reopening. Different types of businesses fall within different phases but each is linked
to the actual new infection rate in that city. You cannot progress from phase one to two
until you satisfy specific criteria and the same applies gong from two to three. After
being allowed to reopen, if the new case infection rate exceeds the guidelines, you will
have to adjust and make changes which can include up to sheltering in place over again.

People need to realize you cannot corral a herd of wild horses until you first build one.
Right now this virus is running rampant throughout the nation. It is not going away soon.
So the virus needs to be contained, I.e., corralled, before it can ever be conquered. Until
there is a national, consistent strategy, not 50 different state plans, time is not our side. It
favors the virus that will continue to spread & could morph after a vaccine becomes available.

Pool halls in CA are a natural environment for people to spread the virus easily. None of the
cities where pool halls are closed are meeting the guidelines for reopening. The last thing we
can afford to do is return to “Go” and start all over again with a new roll of the dice. The death
rate has plateaued and the number is horrible. There are going to be people that readers know
right now that aren’t going to be here for the holidays. That’s a hard thought to accept but it’s true.

Unless and until there is a cohesive, standardized approach used in all 50 states and U.S. territories
that is mandated by the Federal Government as a national emergency, there will be readers of this
thread that know someone that does not have the virus now but will get infected and might die or else
suffer greatly during recovery which can dramatically alter their life’s path for even young people. The
virus can have serious health consequences for survivors so absolutely, before the year ends, some
readers will recall this thread and think to themselves, “ I just never imagined.” or “The virus is very real.”

In Fresno, we still have lots of people that you’ll see in the evening, not so much in the daytime, going
around without face masks which are mandatory. How the hell can pool halls reopen if our local new
infection rate remains too high to qualify for reopening? Until people cooperate & obey, hard times ahead.
No offense, but you live in the most fuked up state in the country. Not to mention the survival rates for folks infected from age 1 to 69 is 99.7 %.

But put on your mask and hide, because Cali has been doing that for 6 months and the are still a mess. But it was a mess before this and why folks are leaving the state in droves.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#19)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2020, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
That's where we disagree. I understand that the survival of many a small business is threatened by the policies and restrictions that states have imposed, but those businesses that try to subtly sidestep the rules are not, in my opinion, without blame, as they compromise public safety. Every one of us knows business proprietors facing very difficult times, and we ache for them and wish them better times, but they have a societal responsibility, too.

Having not played pool even once in the last seven months, I'm aching to have the pool hall that's just 200 yards from where I live reopen, but not until New York State deems it safe. I badly want to go to the movies, and go to sporting events, and also go to concerts, but the state does not deem such activities safe quite yet. Should a movie theater that serves food reopen as a restaurant that also shows movies? No, it shouldn't and if they do, I hope the state shuts them down.

The state works off far better information than I'll ever be privy to so, from my vantage point, letting them run the show is the way to go, whether or not I agree or disagree with every last detail of their policies.
Quite the obedient little servant aren't you

Old
  (#20)
KissedOut
AzB Silver Member
KissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond reputeKissedOut has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
My local place, Mile High Billiards in Arvada, CO, has been open for weeks, and I've gone and played a good half dozen times. I feel bad for those of you that live in places where that isn't allowed.

Old
  (#21)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
SJM is too nice a guy so I'll do it.
Quite the little asshole aren't you, Jason?

Opinions are like a holes. Everybody has one.
Old
  (#22)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions are like a holes. Everybody has one. - 10-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Quit infringing on people's rights. This includes small business owners and people choosing to patronize them.

Joe Pechauer Signed
Predator Molinari Choi
Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Old
  (#23)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

10-02-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessEm View Post
Quit infringing on people's rights. This includes small business owners and people choosing to patronize them.
Well, perhaps you can correct me, but I don't believe these rights are expressly granted anywhere in our nation's laws. The right to conduct a business without interruption does not, as far as I know, exist in America or any other nation.

Old
  (#24)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-02-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9andout View Post
SJM is too nice a guy so I'll do it.
Quite the little asshole aren't you, Jason?
I'm not the one wanting people to lose everything they worked for you idiot.

And yes, this is one of the few things I've ever disagreed with him about, but I feel as strongly about this as he does, just the opposite direction.

I really don't give a shit what you think

Old
  (#25)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-03-2020, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissedOut View Post
My local place, Mile High Billiards in Arvada, CO, has been open for weeks, and I've gone and played a good half dozen times. I feel bad for those of you that live in places where that isn't allowed.
fortunately there is a place open near me that has jumped through all "their" hoops.

I went and played today and will probably go tomorrow, 2 + months on nights, its nice to be back to normal and off the next 3 months

Will probably head to Florida for a month or so, rooms in Tampa were open in July when I was there, hopefully still open.

Glad you're getting to play, enjoy it

Old
  (#26)
HNTFSH
Birds, Bass & Bottoms
HNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond reputeHNTFSH has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:

And yes, this is one of the few things I've ever disagreed with him about, but I feel as strongly about this as he does, just the opposite direction.

He may mean like the NY "Government" aka "Governor" putting Covid infected folks into nursing homes?

Brilliant - trust the Government to know best.

Player #1: McDermott G1402
Player #2: Weir (or should I say Adam's Japan) Sneaky Pete
Break: McDermott Sledgehammer
Backup: Colt 1911

Deplorable since 1776

Old
  (#27)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2020, 04:53 AM

In Pennsylvania, we have a republican congress and senate but the democratic Govenor keeps blocking all attempts to open bars/restaurants and pool rooms from his draconian and non-science based rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336Robin View Post
Stu,
I can't answer for Matt but our governor here just a day ago agreed to let bars open at 30%. Bars with pool tables. Many had been open anyway without problems,
technically they weren't supposed to be under the regulations regarding bowling alleys etc. If I understand it right. If a place has food they can get away with saying
they are a restaurant which at this time is not shut down. So the complaint probably raised health concerns and police were sent. In North Carolina it will take an act of
Congress to undo this. That woman needs to be barred for a long time from all those rooms she effectively may close.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#28)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

10-03-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:

He never said that.
There was a better way.
45 chose the wrong path.
Have fun in FLA though!
Real genius running that state.

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#29)
336Robin
Multiverse Operative
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-03-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_in_MD View Post
In Pennsylvania, we have a republican congress and senate but the democratic Govenor keeps blocking all attempts to open bars/restaurants and pool rooms from his draconian and non-science based rules.
I believe Stu thought I was inferring that laws were being broken and no they weren't being broken. Our governor here has done a good job with the virus so
far but conditions are not ideal for people that need to open and keep their businesses going.

It does not help when people go in and see folks unmasked as if this thing doesn't exist but that's on them.

When our President, his family, members of his administration and campaign are affected so easily we surely have a problem. Let us hope we develop better
techniques to treat it as well a immunize for it. I have underlying conditions that would surely kill me so I am at home where I am going to stay.

Other countries are doing better by businesses and people and we always seem behind them in most every regard where as it comes to people. Sad really.

Progress is inevitable.

Live long and Prosper!

aimisthegameinpool.com

Old
  (#30)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-03-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9andout View Post
He never said that.
There was a better way.
45 chose the wrong path.
Have fun in FLA though!
Real genius running that state.
Another Trump hating math idiot

~ 33,000 dead in NY

~14,400 dead in FL

Sure, trust the idiot running NY.

How can people be this stupid???

People trust the person who has killed literally DOUBLE any other state, and if you count NY south(NJ) it becomes damn near 50,000, but the guy running Florida is an idiot

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »