Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > AzB Hall of Fame
Reload this Page American Billiard Radio's Dave Bond - RIP
Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Poolhall60561
AzB Silver Member
Poolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond reputePoolhall60561 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Thanks Angel, I was wondering what happened, it was odd that there was no obit in Tribune.
Losing Dave is a big loss, I’ve been listening to his show for years, looked forward to it every week.
I am surprised to learn I lived only a few miles south of him. I wish I could’ve met him.

Old
  (#62)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-27-2018, 05:04 PM

Angel, last I heard he was living in Bolingbrook with his wife and kids. He was a stay at home dad but volunteered for local govt stuff as well as doing the ABR and museum gig. Not really sure why he was now living in Chicago. Facebook still does not show anything about what's going on with services and such. Which I'm assuming has now finished. Just was hoping to attend and say bye. We've talked often but not enough though !!!

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#63)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

01-27-2018, 08:01 PM

Sad news

RIP, Mr. Bond.

Mr bond
Old
  (#64)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Mr bond - 01-27-2018, 09:39 PM

Very saddened.

Rob.M
Attached Images

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#65)
Kobachi
Scarred but Smarter
Kobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond reputeKobachi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-29-2018, 06:59 AM

Man this sucks. Just saw this.

Me and RJ and a bunch of AZ’ers met up w David a long time ago. Sargent was there too. We had a blast.

I just talked to him last month. He was researching a cue I have to find out the history on it. Too damn young. We lost a treasure to our game.

Primary: Alex Brick

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious" Michael Scott - Dundler Mifflin Paper Company

"Sure-Lock"

Old
  (#66)
rogedjohn
Registered
rogedjohn is on a distinguished road

04-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Requiescat In Pace David Benjamin Bond ... !~

David was a Facebook friend of mine and we traded funny comments back and forth on various issues or something that the other had posted ... !~ I cannot remember who asked to be the friend of the other first ... It does not matter ... What matters is that I have lost another friend who I wanted to meet at some time in my life and now I can't ...

David passed away on the 19th of January, and I just found out about his passing ... It is so sad how he passed and how I wished he had been more careful ... !~

I am shocked and saddened to hear of my friends passing and I will miss him very much ... !~

David was the owner of American Billiards Radio and the Chicago Billiards Museum and had great knowledge of the game no

matter how it was played. He was also a great source of information on the players, the cue craftsmen and companies who

supplied the cues, balls, tables, and accessories for the game ... He knew of the locations where the game had been played and

the owners of the famous rooms ... He was walking encyclopedia of all things billiards and the one person who I turned to

when I had a gap in my knowledge that I wanted to fill in ... !~

http://www.billiardsforum.com/billia...suddenly-at-47

Last edited by rogedjohn; 04-04-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Old
  (#67)
ibuycues
I Love Box Cues
ibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond reputeibuycues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-10-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuycues View Post
I must say, I remain shocked and deeply saddened by this terrible news.
David was bright, engaging, gregarious and held an extremely strong desire to contribute
to the world of billiards.
His thoughtful, interesting work on ABR was an outgrowth of this desire to make a difference.
His establishment of the Chicago Billiard Museum was also toward this end.
As were all of his other activities, including his interactions on AZB.
Always engaging, extremely smart, inquisitive, and an unbelievable researcher.....and friendly.
He will be missed but not forgotten. A loss for our genre.

Will Prout
It is now April, and I Still am shocked by David's such sudden passing.
What a bright, inquisitive and contributing mind for the world and for billiards! Lost!
Thank you AzHousePro (Mike) for relocating this thread to this forum.

Will Prout

Last edited by ibuycues; 04-10-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Old
  (#68)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-03-2019, 07:55 PM

I think of you often, mr bond.

Rack em.

Page 5 of 5 « First 345