Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I got the call! Southwest Cues!
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-23-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_24 View Post
After placing my name on the list in 2005, I finally got the call from Laurie to begin designing my cues! I’m over the moon excited. Now I have to figure out what I want. Any suggestions?
You waited 14 years to get the call from Southwest and the first thing you do is ask us for our suggestions.

If I were you, I wouldn't look at this thread anymore and make this all your own.

Congrats on the cue.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#17)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

04-23-2019, 06:06 AM

Nevermind...

"I used to bet my own but it gave me ulcers." - John Schmidt, 2008

Old
  (#18)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Lol what a joke.. and you make fun of us for buying a revo lol that wait is just silly.
I've never made fun of anyone for buying a REVO. In fact I said, if buying "x" equipment makes pool more fun for anyone than go for it. I'm all for it.

Why are you so mad, Trob?

The first pool mentor I had was a great player in the early 90s and he had a Southwest Cue (a Jerry Franklin). I just thought it was kind of monumental to make it through the long wait list. And I wanted to share and see if anyone had any wood combinations they suggested.

Peace!

"In this life, I choose fun" - Jerry Garcia

Old
  (#19)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member

04-23-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
You waited 14 years to get the call from Southwest and the first thing you do is ask us for our suggestions.

If I were you, I wouldn't look at this thread anymore and make this all your own.

Congrats on the cue.
It's not that serious. Just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions. I regret starting this thread.

Old
  (#20)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member

04-23-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
Congrats. Everyone is different. That said, I would say make it smooth, sleek and simple.
Thanks, Michael.

Old
  (#21)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member

04-23-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Why? I'm sure he had another cue to shoot with and with no deposit what's the issue?

Matt, pretty exciting news, enjoy the process and be sure to show it off in the gallery when you get it!
Yes, lots of cue over 14 years. Thanks for the positivity.

Old
  (#22)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

04-23-2019, 06:18 AM

One of them should have inlays, ivory, and Ebony.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#23)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-23-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks, Michael.
You're welcome, Matt. To take this one step further, I would suggest ( though I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, here ), IGNORING any of the keyboard cowboys here who feel they just gotta get their daily dose of ( unwarranted ) attention. Good luck with the new cue. Go bust somebody with it when you get it.

Player: Ariel Carmeli Titlist Balaushka Tribute
Player: Sideways JossWest
Player: Dave Brainard Titlist - Rambow replica
Player: Tad model Tad-4-P
Player: Meucci QB-12
Player: Joss 10-08
Case: Fellini 1x2
Case: Katana 2x4

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

"If they don't make you post, bet high!"

~ Fat Randy ~

"The secret to winning one pocket? Run more 8 and outs."

~ Ronnie Allen ~

South West
Old
  (#24)
Jack Justis
CASEMAKER
Jack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond reputeJack Justis has a reputation beyond repute

South West - 04-23-2019, 06:41 AM

After waiting a lifetime, I would get every option they offer plus a unique design that they have never done. These types of South West cues always demand higher pricing and they hold their value forever. Take my word on this one.......don't go cheap.

JUSTIS CASES

MADE IN THE USA

Old
  (#25)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

04-23-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Justis View Post
After waiting a lifetime, I would get every option they offer plus a unique design that they have never done. These types of South West cues always demand higher pricing and they hold their value forever. Take my word on this one.......don't go cheap.
I agree! My request would be an Ebony and Ivory box cue.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#26)
triley41395
You'll shoot your eye out
triley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-23-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I regret starting this thread.
You shouldn't regret it. There are plenty of us who wish they were in your shoes. Congrats

Old
  (#27)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member

04-23-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Justis View Post
Thanks, Legend. Advice greatly appreciated and noted.

Old
  (#28)
pfduser
GRABBER GT
pfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond reputepfduser has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2050

04-23-2019, 07:04 AM

I know there for awhile they wouldn't take a order with ebony in it. Don't know about now though. But if it was me I would go with ebony into ebony with bright blue veneers. Congrats on your Southwest!

Ruben

Playing cue: James White and Jim Pierce
Break cue: J&J break/Jump and Lightning Bolt
Table: 9 ft Diamond Pro Am

Old
  (#29)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-23-2019, 07:10 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but is Southwest a company such as meucci, or is it a single custom maker? You stated the call said "they" were ready to start on your cue. Just curious what makes a 15 year waiting list, unless it is one single guy using hand tools and making a couple cues a year.

Anyway, congrats on the new cue and good luck with the design. Hopefully it will be an heirloom piece that stays with you forever!

Old
  (#30)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member

04-23-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but is Southwest a company such as meucci, or is it a single custom maker? You stated the call said "they" were ready to start on your cue. Just curious what makes a 15 year waiting list, unless it is one single guy using hand tools and making a couple cues a year.

Anyway, congrats on the new cue and good luck with the design. Hopefully it will be an heirloom piece that stays with you forever!
Wait list is based on demand, production capabilities, wood availabilities, and number of orders.

To my knowledge Laurie manages the business and they have two builders who've been making SW cues longer than the originator, Jerry did. But they learned from him and continue his tradition of excellence.

They've made a great playing cue used by Champions since their beginning (see Demand).

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »