Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page Snooker pocket measurement?????????

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Snooker pocket measurement?????????
Old
  (#1)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question Snooker pocket measurement????????? - 09-29-2018, 07:33 AM

I asked this in the AskMechanic section but got no response. Anybody tell me how to measure the openings? I read where a standard table has 3.5" corners and tournament tables down to 3.25" but how is that measured? TIA

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-29-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I asked this in the AskMechanic section but got no response. Anybody tell me how to measure the openings? I read where a standard table has 3.5" corners and tournament tables down to 3.25" but how is that measured? TIA
If you want official by international standards, the pockets have to match templates (solid forms) that fit into the pockets without gaps. Those templates are distributed by the world governing body. I think that most older tables in the US don't come close.

Templates seem to be for sale here:

Name:  CropperCapture[179].jpg
Views: 545
Size:  24.3 KB

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2018, 06:23 AM

Not going that far. There has to be a way you measure the size. Those templates just ensure that the table is up to snuff for a tournament.

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

09-30-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Not going that far. There has to be a way you measure the size. Those templates just ensure that the table is up to snuff for a tournament.
Found it with a little searching. http://www.rulesofsnooker.com/upload...ket_layout.gif Straight-edge across the apex of the pocket opening.