Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Cuesports: Rules & Strategies
Reload this Page "Match TIME" ran out in a game of best of 37

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
"Match TIME" ran out in a game of best of 37
Old
  (#1)
justabrake
AzB Silver Member
justabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

"Match TIME" ran out in a game of best of 37 - 07-17-2017, 07:13 AM

Shane Van Boening (USA) VS Jorge Llanos (ARG) - 2017 World Chinese 8 Ball Masters Grand Final

Not sure how this happens but in the youtube below the game is a race to 37 but the game ends in a 14-6 score and the poster said match time ran out @140minutes what does that mean

https://youtu.be/cW4-07iRaU4

Old
  (#2)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-17-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake View Post
Shane Van Boening (USA) VS Jorge Llanos (ARG) - 2017 World Chinese 8 Ball Masters Grand Final

Not sure how this happens but in the youtube below the game is a race to 37 but the game ends in a 14-6 score and the poster said match time ran out @140minutes what does that mean

https://youtu.be/cW4-07iRaU4
"Best Of 37" is not a race to 37. It's a race to 19. I would guess there was a time limit on the match so whoever was ahead after 140 minutes would be the winner if someone did not reach 19.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#3)
justabrake
AzB Silver Member
justabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond reputejustabrake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-17-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
"Best Of 37" is not a race to 37. It's a race to 19. I would guess there was a time limit on the match so whoever was ahead after 140 minutes would be the winner if someone did not reach 19.
I meant to say race to 19

Has anyone ever heard of a timed game ? first time i've heard of a game ending because of time

Old
  (#4)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-18-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justabrake View Post
I meant to say race to 19

Has anyone ever heard of a timed game ? first time i've heard of a game ending because of time
This is Chinese 8 Ball rules though, in China. They could have a match limit.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!