Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page would you trade a predator bk 111 even for an ob rift ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
would you trade a predator bk 111 even for an ob rift ?
Old
  (#1)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

would you trade a predator bk 111 even for an ob rift ? - 04-01-2017, 03:21 PM

Like the title says. I have a friend who traded me a bk 111 for my Alex brick a while back. Now he wants to trade me a brand new on rift and he the bk 111 back.

I am not familiar with the ob and really think I made a good trade Las time since I break better with the bk than I did with the brick.

Would you make this trade ?

Old
  (#2)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 03:59 PM

I would not.

Just like you, I break best with the BK3. I have owned the Mezz Kai, Mezz PB II & Mezz PB Pro with the H shaft & I find the BK3 to better than those. The shaft taper, stiffness & balance of the cue make it a really standout.

Player: Predator Blak 3-3
Shafts: 12.4 & 12.9 Revo
Breaker: BK Rush
BK Rush test shots: https://youtu.be/v0dlf8-jcLM

Old
  (#3)
lorider
AzB Silver Member
lorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond reputelorider has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
I would not.

Just like you, I break best with the BK3. I have owned the Mezz Kai, Mezz PB II & Mezz PB Pro with the H shaft & I find the BK3 to better than those. The shaft taper, stiffness & balance of the cue make it a really standout.
Thanks got the advice. I tried it out with about 5 breaks. I decided the keep the bk.

Old
  (#4)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider View Post
Thanks got the advice. I tried it out with about 5 breaks. I decided the keep the bk.
At least the OB is American made though, unlike the Predator. Could the quality possibly be better, with the OB? The trade might give you more value. I do not know anything about break cues though. I just think it is better to support American cue companies.

Old
  (#5)
lorider
AzB Silver Member

04-01-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb386 View Post
At least the OB is American made though, unlike the Predator. Could the quality possibly be better, with the OB? The trade might give you more value. I do not know anything about break cues though. I just think it is better to support American cue companies.
I try to buy American made products when feasible......however a simple trade as in this case would not put any money in ob's pockets.

As for value ? I have traded a meucci even up for a brand new predator blak once. The guy just had to have my gambler so I could not refuse trading a 200.00 cue for a 1,200.00 one.

In this case I was not looking for trade value. I was looking for a performance upgrade and to me it only took 5 breaks to decide I perform better with the bk3.

Old
  (#6)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Lol @ BK 111, sounds like you used a knock off pal.

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Pro+ Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Old
  (#7)
lorider
AzB Silver Member

04-01-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSkylineX View Post
Lol @ BK 111, sounds like you used a knock off pal.
Why would you think that ?

Old
  (#8)
ZeroSkylineX
AzB Silver Member
ZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond reputeZeroSkylineX has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Why would you think that ?
Because the BK line is currently up to the 3rd generation. If you're on the 111st...well, you get the picture.

Cues
Playing Cues
OB-136
11.75mm OB Pro+ Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Viking
11.75mm OB Pro+ Custom Shaft / Ultraskin Hard tip / 19oz

Old
  (#9)
lorider
AzB Silver Member

04-01-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Because the BK line is currently up to the 3rd generation. If you're on the 111st...well, you get the picture.
It is a bk 3. It's the way I typed it on my phone that probably made you assume it wasn't

Old
  (#10)
anbukev
AzB Silver Member
anbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond reputeanbukev has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 06:53 PM

I have tried both the BK2 and the BK3 and I feel that the BK2 breaks better. It has a more solid feel going through the cue ball. Don't get me wrong the BK3 breaks great but you won't get much feedback in the feel department.

Old
  (#11)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

04-01-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I try to buy American made products when feasible......however a simple trade as in this case would not put any money in ob's pockets.

As for value ? I have traded a meucci even up for a brand new predator blak once. The guy just had to have my gambler so I could not refuse trading a 200.00 cue for a 1,200.00 one.

In this case I was not looking for trade value. I was looking for a performance upgrade and to me it only took 5 breaks to decide I perform better with the bk3.
Yeah, that makes sense. Go with what works best for you. The Chinese have really improved the quality of their products over the years, and maybe even surpassed the quality of many American made cue companies . I would not want anyone to name any names though.

Old
  (#12)
justinb386
Banned

04-01-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Lol, that is really funny. I assume 111 might just be the model of the break cue though (not the generation of it).

Old
  (#13)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2017, 04:00 AM

You could have sold the Brick, bought both a used bk3 and rift, and had money leftover for dinner.

Old
  (#14)
lorider
AzB Silver Member

04-02-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilosopherKing View Post
You could have sold the Brick, bought both a used bk3 and rift, and had money leftover for dinner.
Are you serious ? I paid 300.00 for the brick brand new. The ob retails for 420.00 and is on sale at seyberts for 399.00

The bk 3 retails for 499.00 and is on sale at seyberts for 449.00.

Do you really think some one is dumb enough to pay enough for a 300.00 cue to buy 2 used cues with a combined new price tag of 898.00 ....on sale mind you .....and then go out for a mea ?

I know there are suckers out there but I have never met any one that gullible.

Old
  (#15)
PhilosopherKing
AzB Silver Member
PhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond reputePhilosopherKing has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Are you serious ? I paid 300.00 for the brick brand new. The ob retails for 420.00 and is on sale at seyberts for 399.00

The bk 3 retails for 499.00 and is on sale at seyberts for 449.00.

Do you really think some one is dumb enough to pay enough for a 300.00 cue to buy 2 used cues with a combined new price tag of 898.00 ....on sale mind you .....and then go out for a mea ?

I know there are suckers out there but I have never met any one that gullible.
I believe people are paying $500-$600+ for the Brick dymond wood cues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2