Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Cuesports: Rules & Strategies
Reload this Page How to enforce "no concession" in tournament

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How to enforce "no concession" in tournament
Old
  (#1)
kross
AzB Silver Member
kross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

How to enforce "no concession" in tournament - 11-28-2016, 04:36 PM

At the players meeting, I clearly announce that you're not allowed to concede, that if you do, you lose that game, plus have a game deducted from your score.

However, as the tournament director, I sometimes see people concede a game anyway, with their opponent not calling any foul or demanding an extra game. What do I do? Only enforce it if the opponent asks? Do I walk over and remove a game from their score, even though no one asked me to?

Thanks!
-- Kevin

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.

Old
  (#2)
Rackemep
AzB Silver Member
Rackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond reputeRackemep has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

11-28-2016, 05:15 PM

If it were me I'd say a concession cost you two games (the game you conceded plus another as a penalty)...meaning the guy that conceded score would not change and his opponent would get two games added to his score...

I'm just a bar box banger....but not by choice!

Old
  (#3)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

12-03-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kross View Post
At the players meeting, I clearly announce that you're not allowed to concede, that if you do, you lose that game, plus have a game deducted from your score.

However, as the tournament director, I sometimes see people concede a game anyway, with their opponent not calling any foul or demanding an extra game. What do I do? Only enforce it if the opponent asks? Do I walk over and remove a game from their score, even though no one asked me to?

Thanks!
-- Kevin
That's exactly what you do. You are the tournament director not the tournament suggester. If you don't have the balls to enforce the rules you decide to play with then don't expect compliance. Hopefully when you walk over there and enforce the rules the players will throw a hissy fit. This will put the entire field on notice and you probably won't have to do it again. Ever raise children? Pool players are like them.

JC

Old
  (#4)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-05-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kross View Post

Thanks!
-- Kevin
I would do a warning, sometimes players get a bit pissed at a miss or mistake that caused them to lose and they go brain dead and do what they usually would do. It may be tough to keep a rule in my head when you just rattled the 8 ball or scratched on the 7 while getting 4 rail shape on the 8 perfectly.

But either way is good, enforce it yourself, or walk over and warn them that if you see it again it will cost an extra game loss.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#5)
kross
AzB Silver Member
kross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond reputekross has a reputation beyond repute

12-08-2016, 06:45 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. JC your answer made me laugh. "Tournament suggester", and hoping they throw a hissy fit. LOL.

Reading the CSI rulebook, it says the first time (per event, not per match) is a warning. So if I see someone doing it, if it's their first time, I will give them a warning that if I see them do it again, they lose an extra game.

Thanks!
-- Kevin

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right.