Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Snooker
Reload this Page how many 12 foot snooker tables are in indiana?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
how many 12 foot snooker tables are in indiana?
Old
  (#1)
whoisph
AzB Bronze Member
whoisph is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

how many 12 foot snooker tables are in indiana? - 08-20-2016, 08:55 AM

I own a pool room, and getting ready to set up 12 ft snooker table. I was just curious if other rooms around have one? and if so , if it is worth the space? I have alot of players excited for me to get it set up, but a little scared after the new wears off, if its just going to be a dust collector. any thoughts?

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-20-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisph View Post
I own a pool room, and getting ready to set up 12 ft snooker table. I was just curious if other rooms around have one? and if so , if it is worth the space? I have alot of players excited for me to get it set up, but a little scared after the new wears off, if its just going to be a dust collector. any thoughts?
Here is the listing for Indiana on findsnooker.com: http://findsnooker.com/Indiana.html

If anyone sees errors or omissions, please send info to that site -- he cannot maintain it without everyone's help.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisph View Post
It's worth a try....keep the table if you take it down for a while.
Paul Schofield in Erie PA would put up a 3-cushion in the summer months....
...and replace it with a pool table in the busy season.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
Rethunk
Snooker pimp
Rethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Run snooker tournaments and/or leagues. Encourage people to play "six reds" if you want to speed up the pace of play. You might even consider a statewide league that would bring players together periodically.

If you can manage it, snag a pro player willing to come to your pool room and give lessons.

If possible, use proper snooker cloth for the table. It will be difficult for pool players to become accustomed to snooker cloth at first, but they should find it challenging.

Offer small awards for players who manage high breaks. For many players, making two reds and two blacks on a 12' table will be quite a challenge at first. Maybe that's worth a free Coke? (Also: penalize anyone who brings a drink even close to the table.)

Buy a few (used) books on snooker and make them available to players as references.

If such a thing exists, buy a poster explaining the rules of snooker. More people may give the game a try if they can refer to the rules easily. For years I've thought about making a simple poster myself, but then time isn't exactly a commodity in great supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Here is the listing for Indiana on findsnooker.com: http://findsnooker.com/Indiana.html

If anyone sees errors or omissions, please send info to that site -- he cannot maintain it without everyone's help.
Bob is on the money here: findsnooker.com was created with the help of a LOT of people here on AzB, and maintaining it requires input from active snooker players.

Just tonight I created a Facebook page, too, which I hope will make it easier for people to post info about new snooker tables. You could even post a photo of your snooker table once it's set up.

https://www.facebook.com/FindSnooker/

http://www.findsnooker.com/
Snooker Tables in the USA. Over 350 snooker tables in over 300 locales. Please email me via the website if you find snooker tables in Mexico.

https://www.facebook.com/FindSnooker/
http://www.snookercanada.ca/places-to-play/ (snooker tables in Canada)

Cues
Mike Wooldridge Shark snooker cue. Chuck Starkey purpleheart & curly maple. Schuler SLC-505. Scruggs SP. Fury J/B. BS 1 broomstick.