Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page McDermott G Core shaft

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
McDermott G Core shaft
Old
  (#1)
lukemindish
AzB Silver Member
lukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond reputelukemindish has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

McDermott G Core shaft - 02-01-2016, 09:15 AM

I'm looking at purchasing a new cue at a low price $200-$300 range. I found a nice wrapless McDermott cue coco and Birdseye with white and silver rings and a white joint with a 3/8x11 pin. Comes with a g core shaft and I'm just wondering what people thoughts are on these shafts. I've never hit with one and I don't really know anyone around my area that has one. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old
  (#2)
DaveM
AzB Gold Member
DaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond reputeDaveM has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2016, 09:22 AM

Plenty of nice, new McDermott cues with the G-Core in that price range. It's probably 3/8 by 10 which is the usual McDermott pin size. The G-Core shafts are good shafts, I have one and like it.
There have been a couple of other threads about them, if you Google G-Core shafts you can get some reviews, links to old threads etc.

Last edited by DaveM; 02-01-2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: punctuation

Old
  (#3)
Lou Bones
AzB Silver Member
Lou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Plenty of nice, new McDermott cues with the G-Core in that price range. It's probably 3/8 by 10 which is the usual McDermott pin size. The G-Core shafts are good shafts, I have one and like it.
There have been a couple of other threads about them, if you Google G-Core shafts you can get some reviews, links to old threads etc.
I agree with Dave M. There are a lot of new McDermott cues with G-core shafts in your price range. My main playing cue is a prime example. When I first bought it, I used the g-core shaft all the time. Eventually, I decided to try an OB shaft and found that I liked it better. That is NOT saying there is anything remotely wrong with the g-core shaft. It is fine. I just happen to prefer my OB shaft. That's not to say you would. Everyone is different. But the point is: McDermott makes good cues in your price range and the g-core shaft is fine.

Playing cue: McDermott G208, OB Classic + shaft
Break cue: Custom Shmelke with Purpleheart shaft
Case: Sterling Wave 3X4

Old
  (#4)
AlexandruM
AzB Silver Member
AlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandruM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-02-2016, 03:54 AM

G-core shaft are good. It have less deflection than a standard maple shaft, also it have nice feel and feedback. You can't go wrong with it.

Romanian Pool Blog

Old
  (#5)
dano599
Registered
dano599 is on a distinguished road

02-07-2016, 08:15 PM

Both me and my son have been using the G-core for the past 7-8 yrs and I agree with the others it's a very good playing shaft.