Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Chuck fields

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Chuck fields
Old
  (#1)
dvs
AzB Silver Member
dvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Chuck fields - 02-13-2015, 12:16 PM

Hi everyone:

I recently got a beautiful 2X4 case from Chuck. He sold it as used; but it looks better than some products I got that were new!

Case is extremely well built, stitching is even and spaced well.
The leather quality and colors are very good.
He uses his own interior which is very close to the ultra pad used by JB. Much better than the tubes in an instroke or Whitten.

The top has a layer of padding on the inside which add stability to the top cap.

The straps and snaps on the closure have a great fit and work very well.

The brass band on the bottom is very classy and aligned with the bottom.

The zippers on the pockets also work well; only thing I would have liked better is if the zipper turned a corner; it is a little awkward to take some items out.

The strap is very sturdy as is all the hardware and bottom pegs.

Fully loaded, I remove each piece (shaft or butt) carefully, holding the other pieces to the side a little, so they don't touch on the way out. Once loaded, there is not contact between the pieces at all.

I haven't tried the upside down test, but they feel very snug.

Overall, an excellent case. Looks and quality are superb as is protection.

The tooling is classic and looks great. I also like the tip tool pocket.

This is the case I got: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=389490

Thanks Chuck

Dave

Old
  (#2)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-13-2015, 01:24 PM

Nice! I want a Chuck Fields case super bad but haven't been able to find a 2x4 w/ long pocket (and preferrably short pocket as well). I hope one shows up one of these days as they look like fantastic cases. Congrats on a beauty!

Old
  (#3)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2015, 02:15 PM

Very nice case. What more could you want? And thank you for your review and insight of the quality of workmanship. Enjoy....Matt D.

Old
  (#4)
Colonel
Living The Dream
Colonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond reputeColonel has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2015, 02:44 PM

He makes great cases, this one is a beauty

Kentucky Fried Lock of the World Famous Lock Society

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom... You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough"
-William Blake

Old
  (#5)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2015, 04:15 PM

I was 1 week away from being able to buy that one

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#6)
rjb1168
AzB Gold Member
rjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond repute

02-15-2015, 09:44 AM

I was so close to pulling the trigger on that case but didn't care for the pockets. I have big hands that are a tight fit in that type . I like the pockets that zip around about 340 degrees. If it would of had that type it would of been mine. Chuck makes a nice case!

Old
  (#7)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

02-15-2015, 01:18 PM

I wish they were easier to come by! I have money siting in my Paypal account for a Fields case but I have yet to find the right one.