Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Case repair

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Case repair
Old
  (#1)
MightyCustomCue
AzB Silver Member
MightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Case repair - 04-07-2014, 08:17 PM

I have a It's George case that requires repair. 2 rivets for the shoulder strap need replacement. Any suggestions on how or who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Cueist Billiards
Serving South Jersey & Philly since 2004 - Custom and Production Cues, Cases & Accessories
Professional Cue Repairs & Service
Paypal: americancueist@aol.com email: cuerepairs@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/mightycustomcues
Co-owner, Fat Albert's Billiards Somerdale, NJ
www.facebook.com/fatalbertsbilliards

Old
  (#2)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
04-08-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyCustomCue View Post
I have a It's George case that requires repair. 2 rivets for the shoulder strap need replacement. Any suggestions on how or who?

That is a very difficult repair. I know how but I can't tell you who would do it. We could but it would need to be done in my shop and that will cost a couple hundred.

Basically you have to either remove the liner and go from the top or you need to remove the liner and the bottom and go from the bottom. But the liner and the cap are glued in with epoxy so it's very difficult to remove them without breaking the cap or the body.

My suggestion to get a working case would be to simply make a leather strap that fits across the bottom which the shoulder strap is then attached to. That won't be the prettiest fix but it will work.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#3)
MightyCustomCue
AzB Silver Member
MightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond reputeMightyCustomCue has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2014, 11:02 PM

Thanks for the info John!

American Cueist Billiards
Serving South Jersey & Philly since 2004 - Custom and Production Cues, Cases & Accessories
Professional Cue Repairs & Service
Paypal: americancueist@aol.com email: cuerepairs@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/mightycustomcues
Co-owner, Fat Albert's Billiards Somerdale, NJ
www.facebook.com/fatalbertsbilliards

Old
  (#4)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
04-09-2014, 06:26 AM

Actually I have a couple ideas of how to repair it without taking it apart. I think I could fix it so that the appearance would be close to original and it would be a strong repair.

I would try to do it with lace threaded through the existing holes and if that wasn't strong enough I would drill two additional holes to lace through. I would use curved needles to thread the lace.

If you drill use something to push the fabric AWAY from the interior wall first through the existing holes otherwise your drill bit will likely catch the fabric and bind up. This isn't something you want to happen trust me.

The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

Old
  (#5)
mode101
Registered
mode101 is on a distinguished road

04-09-2014, 09:22 AM

Would this type of repair be considered 'Under Warranty' by any of the custom case makers? Like JBCases, Chuck Fields, Jack Justis, etc etc ?

Old
  (#6)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

04-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mode101 View Post
Would this type of repair be considered 'Under Warranty' by any of the custom case makers? Like JBCases, Chuck Fields, Jack Justis, etc etc ?
If it happened to our case and was not user abuse then it would be covered. This case however is an It's George and they are unlikely to be wanting to repair cases that are that old. I don't even know if It's George is actually in business at this time, seems they come and go frequently.

Old
  (#7)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mode101 View Post
From the looks of it, it would be covered as it was a material failure.
That said, of the names you listed, none of us would attach a strap this way in the first place.
Chuck

Old
  (#8)
wendyb
AzB Silver Member
wendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond reputewendyb has a reputation beyond repute

12-12-2014, 01:02 PM

i have 3 of them that have to same problem, did you find a way to fix it?
thanks!

WendyB