Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Tournament Talk > US Open Championships
Reload this Page No PPV commercials

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
No PPV commercials
Old
  (#1)
mthornto
AzB Silver Member
mthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond reputemthornto has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

No PPV commercials - 09-27-2006, 10:01 AM

Anybody else notice there are no commercials in this year’s PPV? Last year you had to sit through about a minute of commercials every time you logged in to the video feed.

I wonder why? Were no sponsors interested or did too many subscribers complain? Personally I did not have a big problem with them, although seeing the same commercials every time I turned on to watch did get a bit irritating.

Old
  (#2)
rwomel
AzB Silver Member
rwomel is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

09-27-2006, 10:23 AM

I am not an expert, but was not pleased with the setup last year. First, I believe the company did the best they could with the bandwidth they had at the time.

If you ever lost connection, the "que" to start over again was to see the "intro" and 9-Ball splash screen animation----then the live feed would start...but from the beginning of the match. If I remember this correctly.

Sooo.. that meant that 100s if not maybe a 1000 or more people were 'restarting" their respective feeds on the server, and maybe the "original" connections had not dropped. Hence, a huge LOAD on the servers. Which started a spiral effect, and people dropped off, and re-started again.

I know...I was one of them. I was so unhappy last year, I was asking for my money back.

What do I see this year.. a nice interface, a GOOD picture, not great, but better than the IPT, and live coverage without all the fluff.

I may be wrong on the servers and load thing, but I do know seeing my moneys worth last year , was VERY HARD. I am happy this year of the quality and so far the content. (Exept not seeing Efen, Bustie, and others)

RWOMEL
South Texas