Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page mamono
Old

2009-11-04 - Mickey's in Las Vegas

Posted 11-06-2009 at 09:19 PM by mamono

Has a great time shooting pool with my good ol' friend Dora. Haven't seen her in years since graduating from UC Irvine when we were on the UCI Billiard Team.

She introduced me to some great people: Randy, Shaen Honda, Steve Honda, and a few more. Great nice atmosphere. We stayed for several hours just rolling through games without keeping score. It was fun! The Diamond tables had decent speed, not too fast. The rails played pretty true and the pockets were tight! The pockets...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10365 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

FS/T: Lucasi XIV, Meucci 97-12, McDermott D23, Meucci Jimmy Rempe 3 Red Dot Shaft

Posted 09-23-2009 at 04:41 PM by mamono

FS/T: Lucasi XIV, Meucci 97-12, McDermott D23, Meucci Jimmy Rempe 3 Red Dot Shaft
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=157129
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10346 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009-07-20 - League Night turned out OK

Posted 07-26-2009 at 05:41 AM by mamono

Wasn't in the right frame of mind since I was thinking about something else. As a direct result, my mental game just wasn't there during my first two matches.

1st Match, opponent broke dry and left me a nice table layout with one problem ball due to clustering around the 8-ball. No big deal. Choose stripes and ran 6 balls with decent position on my last object ball with a tough cut shot with inside english to stall the cueball off the side rail for position on the 8-ball. Missed...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12574 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009/06/30 - 9-ball Tournament

Posted 07-02-2009 at 11:40 PM by mamono

Decided to enter a 9-ball tournament, probably wasn't really the best idea since I still wasn't feeling up to par, but I went anyways because I had friends that were going to be there and went mostly for the experience and to hang with friends.

1st match, guy wasn't very nice. Kept ordering me around. Told me not to rack for him, said he'll rack his own. I just couldn't get the focus and frame of mind that I normally shot in. Kept miscuing, not sure why... The tip was shaped fine,...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11782 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009/06/29 - League

Posted 07-02-2009 at 11:13 PM by mamono

Honestly, I felt really tired that day. I guess a better description would be that I felt extremely exhausted. I would have to say that I shot the best that I could given the level of energy and focus that I could put into it. Personal issues aside...

Recap on the night, we were 1 player short on our team that evening so we each had to shoot an extra match and one person would have to shot two extra matches. I probably seriously looked like crap because I was slouched over and...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10531 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009/06/16 - A Friendly Game

Posted 06-17-2009 at 05:14 PM by mamono

Decided to go watch and support one of my friends/teammates in a 9-ball tournament last night. I had a felling he would go, so I brought my beater J&J 4414 J/B cue with me to work just in case I were to shoot. Showed up a little after they started and he was in the middle of his 1st match. Sat around and chilled. Ran into another guy from our Monday night league, cool dude with a nice Mustang! Chatted for a bit and rail birded some matches. Met and chatted with some people I remember from...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5471 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009/06/15 - League

Posted 06-17-2009 at 04:35 PM by mamono
Updated 06-17-2009 at 07:34 PM by mamono

League night went pretty well, I started the evening getting to the pool hall early. Got a full 1.5 hours of practice. Wasn't feeling too good about my game during practice. Something was off. Both my aim and stroke didn't seem right. I was missing basic routine shots, so I just focused on getting a feel for the speed of the felt.

1st match, I honestly missed a lot of shots, but I did what I was characteristically known for in college. My old college teammates, some of whom...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4400 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009/06/09 - Pool Cue Addition to my collection

Posted 06-09-2009 at 07:02 PM by mamono
Updated 06-10-2009 at 01:40 AM by mamono (Posting Pictures!)

Just checked UPS, it listed the package as delivered. I was hoping that it would have been delivered yesterday, but that wasn't the case. Called home, no answer... Sent text message to my family asking about condition of the package and whether they received it ok. 30 minutes later, got a reply... Package OK. Can't wait to see it...! Will post pictures when I get a chance!

I swear that this will be my last cue addition to my collection until I sell the Meucci 97-12 and McDermott...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5359 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

2009/06/08 - League

Posted 06-09-2009 at 06:55 PM by mamono

Ended league with 3:1, I know I could have been 4:0 last night. That one game I lost was with their best player of that team, there was a lot of safety play and I sold out on the 2nd to last ball cross table in the corner. My fault, I know. I should have just slow rolled it rather than using a little draw to keep the cue ball toward center table. I ended up throwing that object ball 1" to the left of the corner pocket. I need to rely less on draw...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4812 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

Shooting the breeze through a 1-2 ring game

Posted 06-04-2009 at 02:57 PM by mamono

A lot of my focus over the years has been to shoot well, improve my skill, support my team, and enjoy the company with friends. I have been fortunate enough over the years that when playing for cheap sets or something small, I usually come out ahead. They are rare and often times far between because I just like to chill and focus on my game rather than getting action. Never really got hooked on seeking out action like all my friends, I usually have been content with finding a nice corner table...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4599 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags
Old

1st Blog Post

Posted 05-25-2009 at 08:49 PM by mamono
Updated 05-25-2009 at 09:07 PM by mamono

I believe that I have found the pool hall that I will call home for practice play. Not sure yet, but things are looking good. I like how the Brunswick Gold Crown V's have tight pockets and the rails are really nice. Fast felt, but that just forces me to use natural more. I like that because my normal game uses quite a bit of draw for cue ball control which I have felt has been quite restrictive for a very long time. We'll see...
AzB Silver Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3969 Comments 0 mamono is offline Edit Tags