Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > mamono
Reload this Page 2009/06/29 - League
Rate this Entry

2009/06/29 - League

Posted 07-02-2009 at 11:13 PM by mamono

Honestly, I felt really tired that day. I guess a better description would be that I felt extremely exhausted. I would have to say that I shot the best that I could given the level of energy and focus that I could put into it. Personal issues aside...

Recap on the night, we were 1 player short on our team that evening so we each had to shoot an extra match and one person would have to shot two extra matches. I probably seriously looked like crap because I was slouched over and didn't look too happy. I just happened to be the lucky one to get the extra draw.

1st match I just kept missing routine shots and kept getting out of line with my sets. I felt bad that I kept "dinging" my opponent by unintentional safeties, but he still was able to be consistent enough to run out the rack at the very end regardless. Took that match loss, 7:9.

2nd match, happened to be again the house pro. He plays handicapped one-handed. I had one intentional safety that set very well. He missed the kick, but I couldn't run out. Was missing routine shots. Took another loss at 3:9.

3rd match, luck of the draw was that I had to play the house pro a second time. I wondered to myself whether I would be able to make a come back, but didn't turn out that way. I had better runs and my sets were a bit better, but he ran out even with a tough leave. Another loss, 5:9.

4th match, getting quite a bit tired of losses. Finished my drink and started to pop some coffee candy. Ran and set a lot better for the win, 9:4.

5th match, was picked by my opponent from my 1st match for the alternate spot since our 4th player wasn't present. Probably figured that since I lost to him, he would get the same performance. Not the case this time... Broke, ran two, safety, had ball-in-hand and ran out to the 8 and left it hanging in the pocket. From this, my opponent ran 6 balls and selling out on his last ball leaving me a clear easy shot on the 8 for the win, 9:6.

6th match, was again the last opponent that I had not shot again yet. Nice guy, very nice TAD. This was a close game, I sat for a long time as he ran, but he gave me a shot with a tough out and I took it for the win, 9:7.

Can't remember all the details as I was so tired, but 3:3 for my matches is not bad considering that I was tired and wasn't feeling up to par with how I should be. We won as a team, our point total was 120:110. Need to make sure I don't get into these kind of ruts of exhaustion...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11546 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments