Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > TATE
Reload this Page Your other life.
Rate this Entry

Your other life.

Posted 12-23-2012 at 04:39 PM by TATE

I blundered into my industry 38 years ago - oddly enough hustling pool.

I'm in the tour, travel and meeting management -business. While in college, a fellow student wanted me to hustle his dad at snooker (he despised his father). The father had a custom snooker table and liked to drink and gamble. I liked to make monmey. He was also the President of a large international tour company in Los Angeles at the time. Over several years of playing and gambling, we became friends and he gave me a job.

Since then I have participated in and oversaw three company buyouts and have owned my own small business corp for for almost 30 years now. I have had many roles in the industry and a great many adventures. Needless to say I've traveled a great deal.

My proudest achievement is my wife and two daughters - who are each far more accomplished in lide trhan I could ever hope to be. One daughter is a credentialed teacher here in Los Angeles who just completing her Master's degree, the other is a high school student, a gifted young lady who just a few weeks ago was awarded a full university academic Presidential scholarship in an honors program in science and technology.

Pool gives me an escape from the pressures of work. The minute I walk through the doors of the pool room, I am a pool player and nothing else.

I like that a lot.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6656 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments