Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > gunzby
Reload this Page The Beginnings of My Next Cue
Rate this Entry

The Beginnings of My Next Cue

Posted 03-08-2011 at 02:32 PM by gunzby

I've always wanted to have a full splice cue made for me, so when I saw that John Davis was making blanks I couldn't help but jump on it. I bet I looked through wood and veneer combos for three or four months before I finally jumped on this design.

Before ordering the blank I of course had to decide on who was going to finish it for me. For some reason Richard Neighbors jumped out at me. Perhaps it's because he's a member on this site, or because he's been working on cues for 30 odd years, or because so many here have raved about his cues, or because I've seen his cues and decided yea they are pretty darn sweet.

About 6 weeks after ordering the blank it was at Richard's shop in glacier covered Ohio and we discussed the design over a half hour or so talk on the phone. Richard was able to answer questions and make suggestions on what would look best. If anyone is considering ordering a cue from RHN I highly suggest it.

It's been roughly 6 months since ordering the blank and I am still as excited as I was when I ordered it. Next update on this one will be when this beauty is my hands. This design has been my idea of my forever cue, or the last cue I will need ever. We'll see how that one works out for
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8696 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments