Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > gunzby
Reload this Page The Next Golden Age of Pool is Coming
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The Next Golden Age of Pool is Coming

Posted 12-22-2010 at 04:47 AM by gunzby

Over the last decade I've seen, or heard of quite a few pool halls closing. In that same period of time I have also seen billiards on television less and less, much to my dismay. We have seen the blame placed on the economy, promoters, video games, bad image, the time it takes to learn the game and on the professional players themselves. I am here to say that things will be tilting back in pool's favor soon.

We are seeing more and more events streamed onto the internet. Between tournaments, gambling, ring games and challenge matches streamed at all hours of the day and all over the world it is only a matter of time before someone in TVland takes notice. Once someone learns to edit footage to add drama (particularly with money games) and you may see a WSOP type boom for pool.

Another avenue that I see as far more likely to bring a big boost to this game is reality television. I still believe that if someone could find a charismatic player like Alex Pagulayan or Keith McCready to hit the road on the way to the US Open, or similar tournament you would have people on the edge of their seats. If an action and drama packed reality show can get people to believe that they can hop on a boat and go crab fishing in the most dangerous waters in the Northern Hemisphere I guarantee you that one could get some butts in a pool hall.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18651 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments