Daily
  Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs > Snooker Theory
Reload this Page How about "designer cues" instead of custom cues?
Rate this Entry

How about "designer cues" instead of custom cues?

Posted 04-15-2020 at 10:38 AM by Snooker Theory
Tags 1"'`--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Armstrong View Post
I've been having numerous discussions with people on the board, and I think I have come up with a way to describe cues, without tagging them as "custom" or "production". I, for the life of me, cannot see ANY difference between a custom cuemaker and a production cuemaker, so I propose the following. Custom cuemakers should call themselves "Designer Cuemakers", and the production cuemakers should call themselves "Line Cuemakers". By the definition I've been given by everyone on this board, it comes down to pure volume of production as to if you are custom or not. If Schon made 100 cues per year, they'd be a custom house. Seeing as they make over 1000 cues, now they're a production cuemaker. Could someone tell me the magical number where this all changes? 499? 512? 613? I'd love to know.

So, let's go with the fashion industry's choice of terms. If it's off the rack, it's a line of cues. If it's made by a limited production operation, it's designer wear. I love it - "(insert name here) Designer Cues". It has a ring to it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4344 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments