Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Case Reviews
Reload this Page Case that can hold a 3-cushion butt and more

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Case that can hold a 3-cushion butt and more
Old
  (#1)
puma122
AzB Silver Member
puma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Case that can hold a 3-cushion butt and more - 03-17-2015, 09:35 AM

Hello,

My current case is a fairly run of the mill 3X6. Unfortunately, my 3 cushion cue is too fat to fit into this case. I am in the market for a case that will hold:

fat 3 cushion butt +shaft
player +shaft
break cue

I have seen folks with cases that zip open and split in half. They have sleeves to hold. Seems those would be fat enough to hold the 3 cushion cue, and my others of course.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this type of case, or an alternative that would work? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Old
  (#2)
erriep
AzB Silver Member
erriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Hello,

... I have seen folks with cases that zip open and split in half....
hi !
those are "butterfly" cases , imho a good choice if not the best for fat carom butts. You can find 2x4 , 3x6 & 4x8 , but the most used are 4x8 .

Here (Europe) , 4x8 butterfly cases are far from all the most used by carom players to carry more than 2 butts. i rarely see 3x6 ...

Since i play both disciplines (carom/3C/balkline/1C & 14-1 /10/9 ) , i carry my cues in a 4x8 butterfly case (usually, 2 carom butts/ 4 shafts , a pool butt/1 shaft , a B/J 1S , and a jump cue 1S.)
got multiple 4x8 , mostly cheap, but for 2 years my daily case & my favorite is the "wagon" JB 4x8 butterfly .
Even if my carom butts (i carry 2) do wear silicon wraps , no problem with the internal sleeve of the JB. tight fit, need to put the joint down , but excellent protection, so....

Note than an advantage of the JB is that once it's full , it can stand vertically by itself. i like that. Euhh , leather JBs aren't cheap, but they are the best , to me , IMHO. They exist in a nylon version , cheaper but not low end .

Other than the JB, the cheapest (porper, buffalo, adam ...) will do the job . no need to pay more than 80-90$ if you need a functionnal case only , else go for a JB. (an advice : don't waste your money on a predator case).

i would love to try a castillo 6x12 , they look good, the guy is super nice to deal with, 6x12 butterfly are verrrrrrrrrrry rare , but atm i already have too many cases , so ...

Last edited by erriep; 03-18-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Old
  (#3)
puma122
AzB Silver Member
puma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond reputepuma122 has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2015, 08:29 AM

Thank you for the detailed response. I must admit, those JB cases look fantastic. Unfortunately, these are no where near my budget for a case. I went forward with a Lucasi:

Pro Series LC-3 Premium Soft Black Leatherette Pool Cue Case

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-LC-3-Premi...ium+Soft+Black

It is a "do the job" kind of case, but I am excited none the less!

Thanks again for your reply.