Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page McDermott H Series Cues

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
McDermott H Series Cues
Old
  (#1)
gambler67
AzB Silver Member
gambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

McDermott H Series Cues - 02-29-2020, 04:07 PM

Anyone have opinions on the Mcdermott H series where you can adjust the balance point and weights of the cues?

Old
  (#2)
localredhead
AzB Silver Member
localredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond repute

02-29-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
Anyone have opinions on the Mcdermott H series where you can adjust the balance point and weights of the cues?
Great playing system. I wish they would make a shorter extension... I really like the engage butt system..

• Current: BeCue 60" w/ 12mm prime shaft
    Backup: McDermott H550C w/ Meucci UW Pro 31" shaft
    Break: OB jump break
    other: BMC Pro Series 1
    other: OB-1824 w/ OB +1/+2 shafts
    other: JPUSA 2007

Old
  (#3)
linxhack
Registered
linxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2020, 03:31 PM

I’m interested in this as well. To me, it seems like something I would never stop tinkering with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are."

Old
  (#4)
localredhead
AzB Silver Member
localredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linxhack View Post
I’m interested in this as well. To me, it seems like something I would never stop tinkering with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe. I thought I would too.. but then I found the perfect balance point and rather than move it around I wanted to lock it in place so it could never move.

I knew I liked a forward weighted cue like Pechauer, so I just adjusted the weights until I achieved the forward balance point at approximately the same distance from the butt cap.

The feel of these cues is something to be admired IMHO. I think that's unique to the carbon rod that runs the length of the butt. I think it provides excellent feedback.

• Current: BeCue 60" w/ 12mm prime shaft
    Backup: McDermott H550C w/ Meucci UW Pro 31" shaft
    Break: OB jump break
    other: BMC Pro Series 1
    other: OB-1824 w/ OB +1/+2 shafts
    other: JPUSA 2007

Old
  (#5)
linxhack
Registered
linxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond reputelinxhack has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by localredhead View Post
Maybe. I thought I would too.. but then I found the perfect balance point and rather than move it around I wanted to lock it in place so it could never move.

I knew I liked a forward weighted cue like Pechauer, so I just adjusted the weights until I achieved the forward balance point at approximately the same distance from the butt cap.

The feel of these cues is something to be admired IMHO. I think that's unique to the carbon rod that runs the length of the butt. I think it provides excellent feedback.
That's good information. I hadn't given much thought to the effect of the carbon on the feedback and feel of the cue. Hopefully someday the shop I go to will get one in so I can hit one!

"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are."

Old
  (#6)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

03-02-2020, 08:31 AM

I use the H751 cue as my main playing cue with an I2 shaft.

I like everything about it except for the fact that the weights seem to come loose every month or so and I have to take the rod out and tighten the allen screws on the weights. When they come loose you can feel the vibrations in the cue.

Having said that the last time I tightened them I gave them a good crank (a tad more than I was comfortable with) and they have not come loose since then (6 weeks now). I seriously considered using clear nail polish or loctite on the threads, however I was worried about creating problems down the road if I ever wanted to get the screws out.

If you need to buy more weights they are fairly expensive as well and they don't have a kit that you can buy. I looked into changing my 1/2 ounce weight to 1 once weight and it was over 30 bucks with shipping.

The reason I got this cue is so that I can experiment with different shafts and be able to adjust the balance point so the shafts all have the same feel.

----------------------------------------------------
Player -- Predator 9K3 Azurite
Shaft -- Predator Revo 12.4 WVP
Break -- Jacoby Heavy Hitter
Jump - Jacoby Jumper
Case -- Predator Urbain 3X5
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by surffisher2a; 03-02-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Old
  (#7)
gambler67
AzB Silver Member
gambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond repute

03-03-2020, 06:07 AM

thanks for the info i was wondering about how many weights you received or if you received some type kit

Old
  (#8)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

03-03-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
thanks for the info i was wondering about how many weights you received or if you received some type kit
The only thing that came with my cue was the allen wrench to take the rod in and out and adjust the weights on the the rod.

Mcdermott only installs the weights that match the weight of the cue you ordered. No other weights come with the cue.

----------------------------------------------------
Player -- Predator 9K3 Azurite
Shaft -- Predator Revo 12.4 WVP
Break -- Jacoby Heavy Hitter
Jump - Jacoby Jumper
Case -- Predator Urbain 3X5
-----------------------------------------------------